TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’s just the only thing gone is [Broussard] the baby, her keys and her cellphone, which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40,” Carey said.

Austin police searching for missing mother and newborn, boyfriend speaks out

“She wouldn’t leave, not without an ID. All of her cash was in her purse. Her purse is here, her car’s here, and she’s a talker. She loves to talk. She loves her friends, she loves her family, and she would tell somebody, and all of her friends don’t know. Nobody has heard from her,” Carey said, continuing, “It’s only her and the baby and the cell phone and the keys that are gone, and that’s it.”

Tipline established as FBI involved in ‘continuous’ search for missing south Austin mom, baby

My husband just said to me, in reality hun they only have his word that he was looking for keys.

Almost everything we are discussing (SC time at work, calling HB, picking up son, etc.) are only his word.

Only things we have confirmed by LE are -

HB was at the school drop off

HB did make it home and investigation begins at the apartment

SC called 911 at 730

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing. I'm guessing the police have a witness or camera footage. They seem quite sure that she and the baby returned home.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here. The thing that leads police to believe she did make it back to the apartment is because the books she bought at the book fair were there in the apartment.

I'm still catching up ( apparently taking a nap is not a good idea). Has there been an offer of a lie detector test or was he given one?
I hope someone in his life would tell him not to.
Anyone knows how long it takes to drive from their home to the kid's school? TIA.

10 minutes probably - it's just a few miles, but the street they live on is a major east-west corridor with lots of lights.

Thank you!

This continues to haunt me:

Reporter7: What can you share about any previous calls or disturbances at Heidi's apartment?

Det. Herries: So the previous calls investigations those are something I would defer, but those [BBM] are part of the ongoing investigations.

Well, it's been published what cities they lived in and I would think that sleuthing that and mentioning would be okay on the threads would it not?

It occurs to me that we need to know what HB and baby were doing between the time they left school and the time SC got home.

For that matter, I don't believe we've seen any proof of when SC actually got home. We don't know if his work whereabouts have been verified. LE must know, but we don't.

This kind of feels like there might be a third person involved in their disappearance.

I hope someone in his life would tell him not to.

10 minutes probably - it's just a few miles, but the street they live on is a major east-west corridor with lots of lights.
Lots of traffic that time of the day (at 6pm)? Someone mentioned that the elementary school the boy is attending isn't even in their school district, I kind of assumed the car ride would take way longer than 10 minutes.

Yes.

It occurs to me that we need to know what HB and baby were doing between the time they left school and the time SC got home.

For that matter, I don't believe we've seen any proof of when SC actually got home. We don't know if his work whereabouts have been verified. LE must know, but we don't.

This kind of feels like there might be a third person involved in their disappearance.
My hubby just said she could have got a call to meet somebody somewhere, something to farias happen, and someone drove her car back....

Hopefully LE knows plenty, but in MY imaginary detective world, I think the movement of the $25 books indicated that HB did in fact return home. She bought them around 8am the day she went missing, they were found in the house. My question, WHO put them in the house? Did HB ever come home??? Is that fact or is it supposed?

Police say she did.

Can't sleuth anyone but as soon as I can I'm sleuthing the ages of three children associated with this case. I could be wrong but, if SC and HB have been together for ten years, there might be some interesting overlap.

In one of his interviews he says their son is 6.
Did she actually return home or were the books planted there? How did anyone happen to KNOW her car was unlocked???

Did she come home and leave again?
Only indication is from his interview saying she didn't lock it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here. The thing that leads police to believe she did make it back to the apartment is because the books she bought at the book fair were there in the apartment.

I'm not sure that is the case. The initial emergency reverse 911 alert that went out said she was last seen on foot at the apartments. Hasn't been confirmed by LE - but anyone with access to her and her car could have brought the books, her belongings etc. into the apartment.

Lots of traffic that time of the day (at 6pm)? Someone mentioned that the elementary school the boy is attending isn't even in their school district, I kind of assumed the car ride would take way longer than 10 minutes.

I thought you were talking about HB's trip to the school that morning. There would be more traffic at 6, yes, but as SC mentions "daycare" and there's been a lot of conflicting info about where exactly his after-school care was (on site, a karate program, YMCA, etc.) and nothing confirmed, I don't think we have enough to work on how long that trip would take.

I just can't believe how they can dissapear from the face of the earth like this in a crowded area.
They didn't disappear. Somebody "disappeared" them, IMHO. LE is looking for clues, but not sharing all of them with us. They'll be checking cell phone/cell tower records, video from homes and businesses in the area, neighbors, etc. I always say this: With rare exception, a woman does not voluntarily leave her home for an extended period of time without taking a few essentials, including her purse, her phone, house/apt. keys, and her car/car keys for starters. If she is planning to be away for two days or more, she'll pack a bag with a change of clothes or three and some toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, makeup, etc.) If she is going for a walk, she will carry her keys and probably her cell phone. A mother of a newborn would not leave without baby supplies. MOO

I thought you were talking about HB's trip to the school that morning. There would be more traffic at 6, yes, but as SC mentions "daycare" and there's been a lot of conflicting info about where exactly his after-school care was (on site, a karate program, YMCA, etc.) and nothing confirmed, I don't think we have enough to work on how long that trip would take.
Oh yeah, that's right. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member