TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of traffic that time of the day (at 6pm)? Someone mentioned that the elementary school the boy is attending isn't even in their school district, I kind of assumed the car ride would take way longer than 10 minutes.

Both Odom Elementary (where the apartment complex is zoned for) and Cowan Elementary (where the son attends) are in AISD, not different districts, just the different schools. Cowan has much better state ratings than Odom. Here is the AISD school zoning lookup: https://access.austinisd.org/school_boundaries/framed/index.php

I listened to Nancy Grace’s Crime Stories podcast yesterday about Heidi and Margo and she said that he DID go to the friend’s to check if she was there. I think she has her facts wrong because I haven’t seen that anywhere. Has anyone seen any news story saying he actually went to the friend’s apartment?

Tuesday Crime Stories: Beautiful mom Heidi Broussard and 3-week-old baby vanish after school book fair
I know SC never mentions it in the interviews I’ve seen aired and LE won’t confirm any timeline.

Someone had mentioned upstream asking if there were any suspicious contacts on SM.

Since we are exploring all angles, I am recalling how a woman kidnapped another woman’s child after befriending her online (actually she was on a dating APP pretending to be a male but it was really a woman trying to get her child). I Doubt Heidi was any dating apps so, just saying, IF there is a motive of taking Margot, it might not be a neighbor, as was the case in Savanna’s case. It could also be anyone online. I know this has been mentioned previously. Was she a member of any baby groups, etc? Is her personal information posted on SM anywhere that someone would be able to know where she lives?

I listened to Nancy Grace’s Crime Stories podcast yesterday about Heidi and Margo and she said that he DID go to the friend’s to check if she was there. I think she has her facts wrong because I haven’t seen that anywhere. Has anyone seen any news story saying he actually went to the friend’s apartment?

Tuesday Crime Stories: Beautiful mom Heidi Broussard and 3-week-old baby vanish after school book fair

Ftr NG does not always have facts right, I’ve seen it in other cases, moo. I’m not saying she’s not right here or is wrong all the time (I haven’t listened to it), but just wanted to point out that her details are not always known to be accurate, JMO.

It occurred to me that the Skylar Richardson interrogation footage may be playing a part in the apparent slow pace of this investigation. SC's interviews make him look like he'd be a perfect candidate for the Reid Technique.

It just kind of gives me the feeling that they know what happened and aren't going to do anything to hinder the eventual prosecution.

In support of the idea mentioned that LE may know what happened.....

HB's father used past tense when referring to his daughter. Is it possible that they know she is deceased but have been instructed by police to go through the motions, to pretend she is still alive? I’m not sure I could do that as a parent, but maybe.....has this been the case in any other investigations?

Someone had mentioned upstream asking if there were any suspicious contacts on SM.

Since we are exploring all angles, I am recalling how a woman kidnapped another woman’s child after befriending her online (actually she was on a dating APP pretending to be a male by it was really a woman). I Doubt Heidi was any dating apps so, just saying, IF there is a motive of taking Margot, it might not be a neighbor as was the case in Savanna’s case. It could also be anyone online. I know this has been mentioned previously. Was she a member of any baby groups, etc? Is her personal information posted on SM anywhere that someone would be able to know where she lives?
Target registry it could even be a Target employee ....it happens

Keep in mind, domestic disturbances don't necessarily include bodily violence. Maybe SC and HB have loud arguments or throw things when angry.

Or maybe they just blast the stereo sometimes.

I try to put myself in HB's shoes, coming home that morning with the baby, but I still can't get the pieces to fit. Confusion about the facts doesn't help.

HB comes home with baby. The first things that would have gone in the house with me would have been baby and purse. Period. No exceptions. I certainly would not have taken the diaper bag in while my purse and $25 of new books was sitting unattended in the car in the parking lot.

So the purse in the car is a real sticking point for me, particularly since it appears that the car might have been unlocked. I just can't come up with any scenario that fits that.

Unless....did she leave the diaper bag at home while she took her son to school? It was nearby and she didn't plan to be there any length of time.

If that's that the case - she left the diaper bag at home - I can kind of figure out a scenario. She took her son to school, bought books, and came home. She took baby and purse upstairs, unlocked the door, put her purse away, and then took baby back downstairs to retrieve the books - or did SC bring the books in when he found her purse in the car - if he did find her purse in the car?

We really need clarity on where the purse and baby carrier and keys were.

I do regularly leave home with just my phone and keys, but only for walking distance destinations. I wouldn't be surprised if LE is working the phone angle now, looking for any information HB's phone activity might give them.

I keep visualizing HB and baby standing outside the car, having just arrived home. I get bogged down in no small part because it isn't clear where her purse or keys or baby carrier were.

The books were apparently upstairs. That's odd in itself. (Although it is POSSIBLE he brought them up, it sounds as if they were already up there. This part is not a "known".)

He makes it clear that - according to him - she left her purse and baby bag in the car, with the door unlocked.

The most troubling part about not bringing her purse or baby bag up (while leaving the car door unlocked!) is that it both were shoulder bags* - made that way to keep the hands free.

We don't have information on where the keys or phone were.

*Shane shared a photo of the shoulder bag - instead of leaving it for police to investigate first. Typically, one doesn't share info like that if there is someone out there they want to catch.

HB's father used past tense when referring to his daughter. Is it possible that they know she is deceased but have been instructed by police to go through the motions, to pretend she is still alive? I’m not sure I could do that as a parent, but maybe.....has this been the case in any other investigations?

I noticed that right away and was thinking the same like he knew but was a bad actor!

I think this could absolutely be whats going on here. Sure it would be hard to do as a parent - but if LE tells you that its the only way to ever 1)find you daughter + granddaughter and 2) secure a conviction later, then I think they'd do it.

Quoting the article:

"Police alluded to previous calls of disturbances or "investigations" at the apartment prior to the mother and daughter's disappearance, but did not elaborate."
I got waylaid today. @PommyMommy, did someone post the exact words of the detective about the domestic? I thought he was inferring there was past DV. But not sure.

I seem to remember a case like that, but can't place it. It may have been one where the death was eventually ruled an accident, but LE didn't want the public interfering with Search and Recovery.

Both Odom Elementary (where the apartment complex is zoned for) and Cowan Elementary (where the son attends) are in AISD, not different districts, just the different schools. Cowan has much better state ratings than Odom. Here is the AISD school zoning lookup: https://access.austinisd.org/school_boundaries/framed/index.php
I guess that's why they drive almost 5 miles to go to that school. It's seems a long way to go given there are several schools closer. I really feel for parents these days.

I've tried imagining myself in her shoes, pulling into the parking space - the different scenarios.

I can not come up with a single scenario where I would have taken the books up but left my purse in the unlocked car.

That just does not pass the smell test.

No matter how I carried things or how many trips I made, there is no way the books went upstairs before my purse.
Having the books in the home and the purse in the car only makes sense if she came home, was there for a little bit, and then headed out again to go somewhere but something happened near her car.

I only heard him say he called her friends. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members