TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

Queued to about 5:40 in video to transcribe.

Everything was like she was home. I mean that's why I thought she was at her friends house, like she walked to apartment complex. The carseat's upstairs, her purse IS upstairs her ID the wallet there's no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked, her car door was unlocked. So that's a wierd sign. So um I don't know anything about that. And her purse is inside her car with all the money still inside it, of it, her cards her ID her full purse. The only thing that is gone is her, the baby her keys and her cell phone. Which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40

Well...my theory of her getting scared of someone and fleeing with the baby down the steps still holds. She wouldn't have had time to gather her things up. The perp followed her, grabbed her keys and phone, got her in his/her vehicle, etc.
(Me? I was slapped once while holding my newborn, and I fled outside with my baby and got in the car....so maybe that's why I think that).

Last edited:
For whoever asked about Craigslist, etc. here is her post selling a printer on FB Marketplace.

ETA: my mistake... it says 10/12/2019 thanks @dewfussy and welcome to WS's :)

I am trying my hardest to catch up on this thread... I opened this link and have just gone back to it and looked to see when it was posted.... do I have it right? she posted this on Dec 12th at 12:33pm???? I wish I could take a screen shot but on my computer when I hover my cursor over the "posted over a week ago" it gives me date/time of when it was posted.

This also looks like the photo was taken of the printer in her car.... is the printer still there???? is this a reason to leave her apartment with just her keys, phone, and baby?

ETA: the time may be different depending on your time zone, I just happen to be in the same time zone as TX I believe.

Last edited:
I guess that's why they drive almost 5 miles to go to that school. It's seems a long way to go given there are several schools closer. I really feel for parents these days.

AISD is known for having very uneven school experiences throughout the district and they are currently in the process of closing several schools. There is sadly nothing unusual about transferring to one of the "better" schools and then driving them there daily.

I am trying my hardest to catch up on this thread... I opened this link and have just gone back to it and looked to see when it was posted.... do I have it right? she posted this on Dec 12th at 12:33pm???? I wish I could take a screen shot but on my computer when I hover my cursor over the "posted over a week ago" it gives me date/time of when it was posted.

This also looks like the photo was taken of the printer in her car.... is the printer still there???? is this a reason to leave her apartment with just her keys, phone, and baby?

ETA: the time may be different depending on your time zone, I just happen to be in the same time zone as TX I believe.

When I hover over it, it says 10/12/19.

Here is a photo taken with phone. Time says 1:33 PM. Maybe it IS the printer in the car. Maybe she was planning to take it to someone interested in buying it?

Attachments

• 00000printer case.jpg
    00000printer case.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 123
Not sure if this has been mentioned here. The thing that leads police to believe she did make it back to the apartment is because the books she bought at the book fair were there in the apartment.
I also think they have surveillance images, or electronic footprint. Or witnesses that saw her arrive.
MOO

Having the books in the home and the purse in the car only makes sense if she came home, was there for a little bit, and then headed out again to go somewhere but something happened near her car.

Exactly. That's what made me realize that we don't have any idea how or where she spent her morning, the time between getting home after the book sale and the time SC came home and didn't find her there - or if she had visitors.

ETA: my mistake... it says 10/12/2019 thanks @dewfussy and welcome to WS's :)

My theory is she got scared of someone and fled with the baby down the steps. She wouldn't have had time to gather her things up. The perp followed her, grabbed her keys and phone, got her in his/her vehicle, etc.
(Me? I was slapped once while holding my newborn, and I fled outside with my baby and got in the car....so maybe that's why I think that).

@gitana1,

HB's parents arrived from LA and spoke briefly on GMA (understandably confused and distraught).

Here is local interview done by parents:
Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily

FBI set up a new tip line just for this case.

A friend of HB gave an interview about HB and SC relationship and was surprised that HB was not still broken up with SC and also that she was living in Austin apt as the friend had believed that HB and children were going to live in house owned by SC father about 40 min/or miles away from Austin and that she would be driving her son into Austin to attend school.

Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues

Think that is it. No news from LE.

You're too good! You always have the info!

So I've finally caught up!!!!

A few things I want to comment on....

The phone being off and the assumption that he only called once at 1:40 and never tried again. In his one interview (in front of the apt with Dad), he clearly states that it's been off SINCE 1:40. When I hear or read this, I don't assume he didn't try again, it's just that 1:40 call was when he first called and noticed and it's been off since. JMO

The disturbance calls that LE would not elaborate on.... it seems that these are being discussed as if they have been confirmed to be DV. They may be, but I don't think there is confirmation of this at all at this point. Could the calls be for other disturbances? problem with a neighbour? problem with someone banging on the door? Loud music?

Looking in the dumpsters or around the area and talking to the people and asking if they heard or saw anything... he says in the interview in front of the apt with his Dad that the "first day" he was looking around the dumpsters... I am not sure if he is meaning the first 'night' she was reported missing or the next day, would be pretty hard to see in the dark, wouldn't it? He then says the next morning he was asking people if they heard or saw anything. In that interview, he also talks about feeling helpless, not knowing what to do ... IMO this is what he did. And in an article that I posted right before the thread got shut down last night, Heidi's Dad is doing the exact same thing.

Oh and the cell records and him going to T-Mobile... I have followed a lot of cases, sometimes it takes days to get these records, if he thought he could get them quicker, then great! Those of us that followed the McStay case know that LE had a lot of troubles getting records because it appeared they were voluntarily missing and there didn't appear to be a crime scene, even with family/friends saying that there was no way they would leave. JMO

Interesting. This seems to be pretty specific - she was spotted on foot, not 'her car was last seen driving into...'. That means LE has at least one video sighting or eye witness.

I do not recall any reports of her having been seen on foot at the apartments after the school run.

Maybe they just saw her walking into her apartment that morning which is why the cops know she returned that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member