TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the car isn’t relevant to Heidi’s disappearance or it would have been towed. LE must be confident she drove home to the complex & despite leaving it unlocked with items in it (I guess) it plays no part in the investigation. Otherwise they would have towed it ASAP, imo.
LE did say they were monitoring all electronic devices, perhaps they feel H was communicating with someone & left willingly. Crazy, I know. But we have little to go on.

I’m thinking about other cases and if the vehicle processing always occurred immediately. Again, I agree with the logic here, that they obviously haven’t towed it for whatever reason, but it still doesn’t fit with “leaving no stone unturned” in an investigation of this magnitude. A little piece of paper with a clue, anything could be in there, and worth at least taking a look, even if it not necessarily part of a crime scene, moo. We will see. This just seems like SP, especially if they said all options are open at this time. If the vehicle never gets towed, then I think we can go with the above logic for certain, however I’m not sure that they still might not tow it.

That may be a good thing. I would hope that a large well-established outfit would have accurate records of where their trucks go at all times. A smaller outfit might not.
Im sure they are more than dismayed that their name has been thrust into the spotlight in such a manner and they undoubtedly have records. APD and the FBI will do their due diligence but we will not be happy with what they derive. MOO

I have no idea if he's guilty of a crime or not.

But does that - before she was even pregnant, let alone with a newborn - sound normal to you - that as soon as she didn't answer her phone he shows up at the friend's house?
Compared to not picking up her son and missing for most of a day?
Absolutely NO comparison.

If that unnamed "friend" is to be believed. The whole article is odd. The friend doesn't seem to have been in regular contact with HB, admitted not knowing details about the relationship breakup and that they were back together. Grain of salt for me.

We have no idea if he didn't try repeatedly to call and text here during those blank hours - blank to us, but not LE. It's easy to forget that just because he didn't say he called and texted her, it doesn't mean he didn't do that.

He could have just gotten stoned out of his mind and not paid attention to anything other than his belly button for hours. Dunno :scratching head:

However, isn't it reserved for the worst offenders? Like premeditated with aggravating factors? I "think" I have an idea what happened here and although it's evident he has "issues" this could be a case of loosing it, and it all went south real fast. I'm not familiar with many cases, and not in Texas, so what are your thoughts about the DP in such a case? TIA!

Hypothetically, if this is a case of foul play, I think that there would potentially be 2 special circumstances in this case that would qualify it for the dp:

Texas Capital Punishment Laws - FindLaw

SABBM:

Capital punishment (the death penalty) has a long and controversial history in the U.S. Each state makes its own laws concerning the sentence. Most states, including Texas, allow capital punishment for the most serious crimes. Texas defines capital homicide as a murder involving specific circumstances or situations, including:
  • The victim is a peace officer or fireman killed while on duty;
  • The murder occurred while the defendant was committing (or attempting to commit) a kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, or arson;
  • Murder "for hire" (both the hirer and the hired);
  • The murder occurred during the course of an actual or attempted prison break;
  • Multiple murders occurred as a result of the defendant’s acts; and
  • The victim was younger than ten year old.
Two deaths, and one of them being a helpless infant?

Yeah, I can see the dp in those circumstances.

Fortunately, Texas ain't Colorado.

Frazee would have been burnt toast in Texas.

JMO.

Last edited:
Sooo. Has anyone looked into SC job website and the services they offer?
Yes! They are the largest moving company in Austin. They do commercial and residential moving and storage. In the first interview he gave the name and I looked it up then.
That may be a good thing. I would hope that a large well-established outfit would have accurate records of where their trucks go at all times. A smaller outfit might not.
Nearly all the companies around here that involve vehicles traveling to residences or businesses have tracking devices. I was amazed the other day when the Terminix man's truck broke down and within a short time they were at my house checking. Their tracking had shown truck down and the address where he was. Kinda scary!!

Just curious from reading, is it the Texas state rule to do a DNA test for unmarried parents to determine paternity? And if so how long would those results take to come in?

For unmarried parents in TX, the father does not have legal rights to his child until paternity is established.

It's a law that if an unmarried father wants legal rights to the child, there has to be a DNA test or a signed agreement.
Paternity | Office of the Attorney General

You're thinking that my words:

STORAGE FACILITIES

Are an attempt to get the thread shut down, or could do so somehow?
Please explain.
I wouldn’t worry about it. Your suggestion that storage facilities within a moving company are valid and certainly not suspect in MO. I am sure LE has a map of every accessible storage unit and moving vehicle. FBI was not called in without good reason. They’re leaving no stone unturned.

STORAGE FACILITIES.

Hmmmm.

Big on my mind as well since Day 1, moo. One would be ignorant to disclude this. IF he is the perp then this is obvious Awareness Space 101. I’m sure LE is all over it. Probably ran dogs, moo.

There are several cases for reference where the perp’s work space (past or present) was directly related to the disposal. Beverly Carter, the list goes on and on...

Last edited:
I think that's inevitable at this point.

I think you're right
I wouldn’t worry about it. Your suggestion that storage facilities within a moving company are valid and certainly not suspect in MO. I am sure LE has a map of every accessible storage unit and moving vehicle. FBI was not called in without good reason. They’re leaving no stone unturned.

It's going to open up a can of worms and get this thread shut down.

”However, the Broussard's are adamant Heidi would not leave her son -- they're positive something isn't right. "Heidi wouldn't do this, there's no way. She loves her son Silas and she would never do this -- and she would never take Margot down those stairs without her carrier and have her strapped in and her diaper bag strapped to her back," says Tammy.“

Parents of missing Austin mother say there's no way she and newborn left voluntarily
Ok, that's the information we have been looking for! So that must mean the carrier was in the apartment also (base was in the car). So IMO, that could mean Heidi & Margo did not leave that apartment alive, or she never made it back to the apartment alive that morning and the scene was staged. Maybe that 8:15 AM call was not about books at the book fair, but confirming a meet-up?

I’m thinking about other cases and if the vehicle processing always occurred immediately. Again, I agree with the logic here, that they obviously haven’t towed it for whatever reason, but it still doesn’t fit with “leaving no stone unturned” in an investigation of this magnitude. A little piece of paper with a clue, anything could be in there, and worth at least taking a look, even if it not necessarily part of a crime scene, moo. We will see. This just seems like SP, especially if they said all options are open at this time. If the vehicle never gets towed, then I think we can go with the above logic for certain, however I’m not sure that they still might not tow it.

Depends.

I'd like to see an aerial view of the complex with HB's apartment and the space where her car is marked out.

I'd also like to know what SC was driving and where he parked when he got home that day.

LE seems certain that HB and baby returned to the complex from the school. We don't know what evidence they're basing that on, but I would suggest that it's the same evidence that has led them to conclude that an intensive search of the car is unlikely to lead anywhere. If they have video or eye witness testimony of the car parking and mom and baby emerging OK, then it's reasonable to focus efforts elsewhere.

Hypothetically, if this is a case of foul play, I think that there would potentially be 2 special circumstances in this case that would qualify it for the dp:

Texas Capital Punishment Laws - FindLaw

SABBM:

Capital punishment (the death penalty) has a long and controversial history in the U.S. Each state makes its own laws concerning the sentence. Most states, including Texas, allow capital punishment for the most serious crimes. Texas defines capital homicide as a murder involving specific circumstances or situations, including:

• The victim is a peace officer or fireman killed while on duty;
  • The murder occurred while the defendant was committing (or attempting to commit) a kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, or arson;
  • Murder "for hire" (both the hirer and the hired);
  • The murder occurred during the course of an actual or attempted prison break;
  • Multiple murders occurred as a result of the defendant’s acts; and
  • The victim was younger than ten year old.

Two deaths, and one of them being a helpless infant?

Yeah, I can see the dp in those circumstances.

Fortunately, Texas ain't Colorado.

Frazee would have been burnt toast in Texas.

JMO.

It would be much harder to get a jury to impose the death penalty in Travis County than elsewhere in Texas.

Imo LE is behaving as if they know she went into the apartment and did not walk back out. I don’t see any evidence of them treating this as anything other than that. I think they know a lot and we’ll hear news soon.
If this was a crime of passion her car may not have come into play at all.

all jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member