TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that's the information we have been looking for! So that must mean the carrier was in the apartment also (base was in the car). So IMO, that could mean Heidi & Margo did not leave that apartment alive, or she never made it back to the apartment alive that morning and the scene was staged. Maybe that 8:15 AM call was not about books at the book fair, but confirming a meet-up?

It could also mean that Heidi did not leave the apartment alive but Margo did.

If there is even the remotest chance that Baby Margo is still alive, even if her mother is not, LE is going to really be walking on egg shells and calling in all the big guns they can.

If that unnamed "friend" is to be believed. The whole article is odd. The friend doesn't seem to have been in regular contact with HB, admitted not knowing details about the relationship breakup and that they were back together. Grain of salt for me.

We have no idea if he didn't try repeatedly to call and text here during those blank hours - blank to us, but not LE. It's easy to forget that just because he didn't say he called and texted her, it doesn't mean he didn't do that.

He could have just gotten stoned out of his mind and not paid attention to anything other than his belly button for hours. Dunno :scratching head:

I agree, the article is a bit odd. But she didn't claim to be a best friend, and it was a helpful article to learn more about the relationship from a direct observer.

Not sure about you, but I have friends with whom I don't stay in constant touch - friends from years ago, all over the country, whom I speak to here and there, get caught up with, and then don't speak to for months! :)

Regarding the calls - normally, it would not mean much, I agree. But this man is fully aware he's a suspect. If he had tried to call her, he WOULD HAVE said so. But he knows LE will look at his phone, and they will KNOW he didn't try after 1:40pm, so he can't say he did try. He's stuck with that - so he has to say he thought it was shut off. (And it may well have been - by him!)

We don't know, I agree with you - but we DO have to go with what's most likely, to try to figure things out.

Scratching head with ya, though! :)

Let's hope for the best and hope he's innocent and that they are found - and soon.

Last edited:

If there is even the remotest chance that Baby Margo is still alive, even if her mother is not, LE is going to really be walking on egg shells and calling in all the big guns they can.

They called in the child abduction team to help assist.

Yes! They are the largest moving company in Austin. They do commercial and residential moving and storage. In the first interview he gave the name and I looked it up then.

Nearly all the companies around here that involve vehicles traveling to residences or businesses have tracking devices. I was amazed the other day when the Terminix man's truck broke down and within a short time they were at my house checking. Their tracking had shown truck down and the address where he was. Kinda scary!!

Off the top of my head I can think of two cases where GPS in work vehicles aided the case: Obviously CW. There was also Wesley Hadsell in Angelica’s case. He organized searches, iirc. I’m sure there are others.

Last edited:
Part of my job involves producing tv and web video spots that feature complete amateurs--no actors. People telling stories about real-life things that happened to them. Average people get very nervous when in front of the camera, especially when they do not "know what to say". But when I tell them to just tell their truth, their story, they loosen up. Some of the things I ask people to talk about in these spots are not the most positive things. Just my experience as it related to that interview, take it or leave it ...

That leads me to what most troubles me about the strange interview SC taped while being questioned via phone by the press. Granted, the set-up was awkward, but that's technology and journalism these days. I work that way rather frequently when I interview people who are also on camera. The questions SC was asked were softballs, IMO. Mostly about things he should "know what to say about", especially by that point. He even said in the interview he'd been repeating it all day. Things like the morning SC last spent with HB and the kids--at first he said it was a typical Thursday, then all of a sudden it wasn't because HB was taking their boy to school with the baby for the first time by herself. Things like how they came to move to Austin. SC doesn't seem to "know what to say" about relatively simple things. MOO.

But I guess what bothers me the most is that he is so focused on himself. I got the vibe that he feels sorry for himself. Just why he does may come to light, as if he did something to HB and that defenseless baby, he must have to rationalize that he's the victim just to sleep at night. MOO.
Great post!!

They called in the child abduction team to help assist.

It's amazing to me that, in a large apartment complex, nobody saw anything. I guess that's the case, though. If he is the culprit he would have either carried Heidi down the stairs (not easy) and into vehicle OR... there would have been a struggle/confrontation in the parking lot. What you just said conjured up a possible scenario for me. He hurt the baby (accident or deliberate). Grabs Heidi's phone to stop her calling 911. Heidi flips out, grabs Margo, her purse and keys to rush to a hospital. He intercepts her at the car (explaining why her purse could be in it) and then whatever next (drives his own or Heidi's car, with Heidi and baby and then the worst). Just so hard to conceive that none of it would be witnessed by anyone. This is the only possibility that I can come up with as to why her purse would be in the car (his words).

BBM

Sorry to be so tacky as to quote my own post but in a possible "he's guilty" scenario, this is what I'm going with. So, I'm committing to a partial theory. This would mean murder 1, even if the baby was an accident.

I still give equal weight to the possibility of his innocence.

I see a lot of grief with this guy and it could be terrible regret. Still, it's a long way from accidentally fatally dropping a baby (for instance) to then deliberately killing her mother to cover it up. That would be going from a terrible accident to premeditated murder. How likely is that? Dunno. If the baby was something like shaken, well, I could see that leap easier because both involve rage.

This can't be. I feel guilty even entertaining such an idea. Talk me out of it.

Ok, that's the information we have been looking for! So that must mean the carrier was in the apartment also (base was in the car). So IMO, that could mean Heidi & Margo did not leave that apartment alive, or she never made it back to the apartment alive that morning and the scene was staged. Maybe that 8:15 AM call was not about books at the book fair, but confirming a meet-up?

The only sticking point there is that LE stated they had reason to believe HB's and MC's last known locations were at the apartment complex "some time that morning."

Could LE be obfuscating about that? Possibly.

But it's more likely to be the case that they do have some type of evidence of the 2 of them having returned.

There may be forensic evidence.
Eyewitnesses may have seen them.
There may be surveillance footage.
Cadaver dogs may have hit in the apartment.

My main man William of Occam says the overwhelming likelihood is that they did return to the apartment complex that morning.

Now, whether or not they made it back into their apartment is another question entirely.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM

Sorry to be so tacky as to quote my own post but in a possible "he's guilty" scenario, this is what I'm going with. So, I'm committing to a partial theory. This would mean murder 1, even if the baby was an accident.

I still give equal weight to the possibility of his innocence.

I see a lot of grief with this guy and it could be terrible regret. Still, it's a long way from accidentally fatally dropping a baby (for instance) to then deliberately killing her mother to cover it up. That would be going from a terrible accident to premeditated murder. How likely is that? Dunno. If the baby was something like shaken, well, I could see that leap easier because both involve rage.

This can't be. I feel guilty even entertaining such an idea. Talk me out of it.

An accident which then leads to a crime (to cover up the accident), is possible. Or a premeditated crime, that happened to include an accident (for example - someone kills a mother, and the baby is accidentally killed). All possible.

And if it were an accident OR even if it were pre-meditated, he could still feel remorse.

As an attorney on here said, not all killers are sociopaths. (Though I am not sure I worded it as well as she did!) Other killers have expressed remorse.

Then again, some of that remorse can be for oneself. ('What did I do to my life??')

Last edited:
I don't know if you found it or not but just in case, it's this one:
Shane Carey interview

Other than the Tip Line, this is what I'd say is the news of the day:

Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues
[…]

During a conversation in May, according to the friend, Heidi spoke about her living arrangements. Foster said Heidi wanted to move to a vacant home in Kyle, Texas, that belongs to Carey’s father. The friend said she had no idea that Heidi never moved to the home, and was surprised to hear she was still living in her Austin apartment.

Foster added that Heidi planned to drive her son 40 minutes each way from Tyler to a school in Austin so that the child could stay in a good school.

[…]

“She was willing to drive 40 minutes out of her way to have them in a better school. That’s not a mother that leaves…..I feel like everybody is focusing on her running away and knowing Heidi I doubt that.”

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

The friend said she was also surprised when Heidi told over the summer that she had gotten back together with Carey. The pair had apparently previously broken up, according to the friend.

[...]

Further, the friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

[…]
"Friend" didn't seem to know much about Heidi's life lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x