TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to figure that out myself. One theory is that someone wanted to prevent her from leaving so that person grabbed the keys and threw them.
My ex was abusive and this was a technique he would use when he thought I was serious about leaving. He would throw out my keys while driving down the road, throw them in the pasture behind our home. It was his way of trying to control me.

I am by no means putting my bottom dollar on this theory bc it goes against what every mother feels is natural. We don’t want to wrap our heads around someone being so troubled from a postpartum disorder that they would do something as extreme as what can be speculated...but I can assure you, it’s a real possibility. IMO.
I considered this too until I saw the photos of a happy beaming mom smiling in pictures with both kids at the book fair. MOO

Tony Plohetski on Twitter

Authorities have now set up command center in Heidi Broussard case, made up of growing number of federal, state and local investigators.
Agents from the FBI’s Child Abduction Response Deployment team also on ground in #Austin made up of 60 agents nationally.
3:43 PM - 18 Dec 2019 from Austin, TX
I don't see the FBI CARD team going through the trouble and expense of setting up if they think the baby is dead.
Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team | Federal Bureau of Investigation

"Anything is possible at this point we're working down every angle," says APD Detective Brad Herries.

Currently, multiple agencies are helping APD in the search including: APD's Missing Persons and Special Investigation units, the FBI's Child Abduction Response Deployment Team, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, Travis County Search and Rescue and Texas Parks and Wildlife.

FBI, Texas Rangers assisting in search for missing Austin mom, newborn

I'm not familiar with the Texas Dept of Public Safety. Any locals know what their role would be? tia Good to see the Texas Rangers are on this. Seems LE is throwing in a ton of personnel to get this solved quickly.

Last edited:
"Anything is possible at this point we're working down every angle," says APD Detective Brad Herries.

Currently, multiple agencies are helping APD in the search including: APD's Missing Persons and Special Investigation units, the FBI's Child Abduction Response Deployment Team, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, Travis County Search and Rescue and Texas Parks and Wildlife.

FBI, Texas Rangers assisting in search for missing Austin mom, newborn

I'm not familiar with the Texas Dept of Public Safety. Any locals know what their role would be? tia Good to see the Texas Rangers are on this. Seems LE is throwing in a ton of personnel to get this solved quickly.

DPS is our state police.

I've been trying to figure that out myself. One theory is that someone wanted to prevent her from leaving so that person grabbed the keys and threw them.

I guess that could work depending on the location of the dumpster to where they were in the parking lot. The bummer is we don't have a way to drill down which apartment is theirs on google maps. Or maybe someone does know how to do that?

My husband just said to me, in reality hun they only have his word that he was looking for keys.

Your husband is a smart man. As I have said a couple times on other threads, other cases, "Every plausible statement is true... until it isn't." our default is to assume people aren't liars. Many POI's have seemed plausible, and caused a "bedrock" of popularly known information to be laid down as solid fact in the minds of WSers... until the police tell us that in fact nothing the POI said was true.

Or, in the short version: "...According to him/her/them."

I agree. I don't think he could pull this off.

He seems to be very socially awkward.

Jmo

Interesting. You've followed other murders, I have to assume. None of the killers in the solved cases you've followed seemed socially awkward?

What about dumb? It might be worth following the Frazee case. Fascinating.

In fact, it's so common that the killer seems "too dumb to pull it off" or "awkward" that it's - well, definitely not funny.

An accident which then leads to a crime (to cover up the accident), is possible. Or a premeditated crime, that happened to include an accident (for example - someone kills a mother, and the baby is accidentally killed). All possible.

And if it were an accident OR even if it were pre-meditated, he could still feel remorse.

As an attorney on here said, not all killers are sociopaths. (Though I am not sure I worded it as well as she did!) Other killers have expressed remorse.

Then again, some of that remorse can be for oneself. ('What did I do to my life??')

Oh, yeah, not all killers are sociopaths or psychopaths and I did watch Gitana's video (very good). However, that guy was with two others and one of them killed a guy who the one turning himself in didn't even know (pretty garden variety criminal stuff). That's a lot different from premeditated murder of either Heidi or the baby. Just sayin' and that's why I point out that going from an accidental death of the baby to deliberately killing her mother is a huge leap from lack of intent to intent.

My ex was abusive and this was a technique he would use when he thought I was serious about leaving. He would throw out my keys while driving down the road, throw them in the pasture behind our home. It was his way of trying to control me.
Awful. So sorry. Had a similar experience during an assault many years ago. Keys and cell phones ... crucial to freedom.

Just a post in general,
as to the $4 left in the bank account (etc...) statement:
something tells me that this might be a running joke that they tell about Heidi's generous nature.
Maybe not, but since SC does use it a few times, I think that it might be the 'patented-label' she has earned, from having done exactly that scenario in the past.

This next one is neither here, nor there, but toward the end of the long interview,
at 13:27 (depends on version) SC says in his plea,

[Margo is] "a three-week-year-old baby out there..."

Yes, he surely seems exhausted. (imo)
(btw - at that same point in the video, did I hear a cockatiel in the background? Or was that maybe a Zeus sqeaky toy?)

I do so want to feel nothing but 100% sympathy for him, and wanting to give him a hug.
But the missing details of the hours after he got home is keeping me from from feeling that. Especially with all the awkward laughter.

I hope this case has a stunning end, and Heidi and Margo return safely to their family. Especially for Tammy.
❤︎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member