TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see my husband and son through very bleary eyes in the morning. I work later than they do, and I work from home- I am in Pjs of some sort or sweats when they leave. I couldn't tell you what either wore to work this morning- and neither have a clue of what I was wearing at 545 am, nor what I am wearing now
For me, the difference is other people saw her (and she's on camera) and yet no one is saying a complete description of them.

A community search has been set for Sat at 9:00 am and to resume Sunday at 1:00 pm. Volunteers are being asked to show up at Gateway a south Austin church. This is posted on FB and was shared on Nextdoor. I hope they have members of LE or the professional search team to provide instructions. Just FYi

OK, have been reading and following… At first, switched back and forth similar to some of you... Couldn’t sleep last night and thought a lot...

I do think foul play by someone other than a stranger is involved at this point. If LE suspected a stranger abduction, I believe that they would have heavily focus on getting Heidi and Margo’s pictures and descriptions out yesterday during the presser and publicize the case heavily. By not doing so, I believe that they have an idea (probably more than an idea) on what likely occurred. The nature of yesterday’s presser just doesn’t match any other scenario in my opinion. If LE really did not have any leads, this presser would have looked much different with family there, pics of Heidi and Margo etc.

A community search has been set for Sat at 9:00 am and to resume Sunday at 1:00 pm. Volunteers are being asked to show up at Gateway a south Austin church. This is posted on FB and was shared on Nextdoor. I hope they have members of LE or the professional search team to provide instructions. Just FYi

I believe Heidi and baby were kidnapped for the baby. Father acts generally upset and rightly confused by the whole situation.

Maybe someone she purchased baby items from (Facebook marketplace, CraigsList, etc)? It’s the holidays and maybe it’s someone who has lost a child. Until there is ANY info to go on, exploring all options all we can do.

I hear ya, that must be it, but I still don’t get that either. Again, if it’s an open investigation there could be anything in there - a receipt if she stopped somewhere on the way home, I can think of a lot of different possible reasons, if anything just to “rule out” certain scenarios, gain further insight, etc. I guess LE knows better than we do. Makes zero sense to me though atm, jmo. Maybe this will make sense later.

ETA:

@gitana1, any reason why a judge may not sign off on a vehicle warrant but approve a warrant on the residence? I doubt that’s it, just thinking out loud.
What about SC’s car/truck?

Edited to add apostrophe to SC

Last edited:
Please post a link to an article that says that. I'm worried about the wording of that comment. The article in the link above does not say that, nor was it stated in the live police press statement. The article is making an inference and right or wrong, it's opinion, not fact.

This is from the article (and even this bothers me):
"Police alluded to previous calls of disturbances or "investigations" at the apartment prior to the mother and daughter's disappearance, but did not elaborate."

HUGE difference.

Thank you. I was just about to post the same thing because I didn't remember that being said in the presser. I even looked up the woman in the byline to see her history. It's unsubstantiated claim, as far I can tell. Could be true but but cite the proof or don't print it.

Well, LE believe they are still alive. Apparently she drove the car home, so the car isn’t really a “scene”. That’s my guess.

Ok, just because LE says they are pursuing this as if she’s still alive, it doesn’t mean this is what they really think necessarily, moo. It’s just what they say to the public. We don’t know that they really believe they are still alive. They say this in every case, Mollie Tibbetts, Hania Aguilar...unless they definitely find major evidence such as in Aniah H’s case, they will usually say this. Standard LE lingo, moo. Sure they are pursuing all angles, but just pointing out that LE says this often.

DEC 18, 2019
Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues
[…]

During a conversation in May, according to the friend, Heidi spoke about her living arrangements. Foster said Heidi wanted to move to a vacant home in Kyle, Texas, that belongs to Carey’s father. The friend said she had no idea that Heidi never moved to the home, and was surprised to hear she was still living in her Austin apartment.

Foster added that Heidi planned to drive her son 40 minutes each way from Tyler to a school in Austin so that the child could stay in a good school.

[…]

“She was willing to drive 40 minutes out of her way to have them in a better school. That’s not a mother that leaves…..I feel like everybody is focusing on her running away and knowing Heidi I doubt that.”

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

The friend said she was also surprised when Heidi told over the summer that she had gotten back together with Carey. The pair had apparently previously broken up, according to the friend.

[...]

Further, the friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

[…]

What amazing work all of you are doing on this thread.

Just saying!

Everyone of you.

I live in Austin and am really confused by how this story is not a top one. It’s odd.

Any social media connections that would be suspicious?

On WS I think we can only discuss her SM, police SM, or MSM SM. Many of us are practicing restraint. Ha! Sort of. ;)

edit to clarify

Last edited:
Maybe someone she purchased baby items from (Facebook marketplace, CraigsList, etc)? It’s the holidays and maybe it’s someone who has lost a child. Until there is ANY info to go on, exploring all options all we can do.

And I mentioned Margo's probable well check visits. And Heidi's postpartum visit(s) too. And now that someone brought it up- I wonder who was at the Book Fair, drop off line, (maybe on video outside of the school). Why aren't we seeing video from the outside of the school? Plenty of people that could be pining for a baby. Her job, her online pics- never know who is looking/ infatuated, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader