TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidnappings are pretty rare. More kids are kidnapped by parents than by strangers by a long shot. Kidnappings of adults are much less common. Kidnappings of moms and babies - we're getting to the skinny end of the statistical funnel there, in my opinion. Kidnapping of a mom and a baby on a gorgeous sunny day in a busy area of a busy town - those are some astronomical odds if that's what happened. And I sure hope it didn't.

ETA - and just a kidnapper who wanted a mom AND a baby stumbling on this woman on the first day of a new routine...

CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360° Blog

Missing Persons Statistics and Facts

I just want to encourage everyone to read the transcript as you watch this interview. I was harshly critical of SC but having gone through the pain of transcribing this, I now realize just how screwed up this interview was. Fox7 should be ashamed of themselves for this clusterf*. I still think SC was off in the interview but the complete unprofessionalism of the reporters/crew is beyond the pale. This never should have happened IMO.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. At this point, I'm getting reluctant to even say much for fear of being accused of "defending" someone who so many think killed his partner and child but, this was earlier discussed and your transcript backs up what so few of us have tried to say and that's he said he wanted to be natural - in a very high stress time - because the idiot camera man wouldn't allow him to be. The transcript is as painful to read as the video is to watch.

Noting:

Heidi’s car is still parked at a parking lot near her apartment with a baby car seat inside.
Ok now THIS is interesting, I guess I hadn't caught that before. HE's Mom said:

"She added: 'Heidi wouldn't do this, there's no way. She loves her son Silas and she would never do this, and she would never take Margot down those stairs without her carrier and have her strapped in and her diaper bag strapped to her back."

It stands to reason that the mother would feel the same way about taking the baby up the stairs.

'Bring our babies home': Parents of missing Texas mom make tearful plea as FBI steps up its search | Daily Mail Online

‘I’m not defending or accusing, but they lived in a seedy part of Austin and carjackings do occur. One thing we’re taught, if being carjacked or abducted, is to throw the car keys in an inaccessible place or as far as we can throw them, to distract the thief/abductor and create an opportunity for escape. Perhaps her husband believes she would’ve tried this tactic - throwing her car keys in a dumpster - to make her car less simple to steal. Also, if her phone is turned off, that would also be common in an abduction to prevent pinging her/their location. The phone may have been turned off and thrown away, perhaps in a dumpster.

Ok now THIS is interesting, I guess I hadn't caught that before. HE's Mom said:

"She added: 'Heidi wouldn't do this, there's no way. She loves her son Silas and she would never do this, and she would never take Margot down those stairs without her carrier and have her strapped in and her diaper bag strapped to her back."

It stands to reason that the mother would feel the same way about taking the baby up the stairs.

'Bring our babies home': Parents of missing Texas mom make tearful plea as FBI steps up its search | Daily Mail Online

This is interesting. It suggests to me that HB may have never entered the house when she got home. Perhaps she was accosted in the parking area.

I normally lurk however this case has sucked me in. In reference to the door being left wide open that could just mean left unlocked. I have been around many people that said “wide open” when in reality someone just didn’t lock the door behind them.
Also in reference to a mother leaving voluntarily with one child and not the other it’s not common but it does happen. Not all mothers are created equal...I’m not saying that is what happened just that everything is on the table at this point.
Also SC’s interviews do have a lot of what appears to be irrelevant information again we don’t know if he was told to withhold certain details from the public. This could also play into the uncomfortable behavior he exhibits during the interviews as well.
I still don’t know what to think. I will probably go back into lurking.
all moo

‘I’m not defending or accusing, but they lived in a seedy part of Austin and carjackings do occur. One thing we’re taught, if being carjacked or abducted, is to throw the car keys in an inaccessible place or as far as we can throw them, to distract the thief/abductor and create an opportunity for escape. Perhaps her husband believes she would’ve tried this tactic - throwing her car keys in a dumpster - to make her car less simple to steal. Also, if her phone is turned off, that would also be common in an abduction to prevent pinging her/their location. The phone may have been turned off and thrown away, perhaps in a dumpster.
But why would searching for the keys become a top priority? If he found the keys, what then? His baby and fiancé are still missing.

It makes zero sense to spend time looking for keys

moo

No kidding!

As much as he blabbed about seemingly inconsequential details, one would think he'd just as openly say he went to check on her.

Maybe he did or didn't do any of the things he's claimed that he did.

But that's not the issue, either.

Again, it's the juxtaposition.
That and the friend saying he freaked out about not being able to contact her before...

This is interesting. It suggests to me that HB may have never entered the house when she got home. Perhaps she was accosted in the parking area.
But wasn’t the carrier in the house according to SC? It sounds to me like her mom is saying HB was home and wouldn’t have left the home without those items.

moo

I’m not trying to single you out, and I have no idea if he is guilty of a crime or not, but this guy can’t win no matter what he does. Everyone was wondering why he didn’t go to the police sooner, but here is a different situation where he actually DID go looking ASAP & now he looks controlling & jealous. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t I guess.
Yep, even if police ruled him out people would still believe they are not telling the truth.
Disagree that if anyone had been ruled out by LE here that people still wouldn't have believed him/them.

LE has not ruled out anyone and said yesterday that any number of scenarios are possible.

I don't think most people want to believe that a SO had a hand in the disappearance of a partner.

BUT, when a partner/SO puts forward such a long and detailed account that doesn't bear up to scrutiny then it makes sense that people will start to ask questions IMO.

Can you imagine being the parents of HB and doing the long drive to TX to then be met by SC and his long story and then you sit and think about it and simply scratch your head because it makes so little sense?

Wouldn't the first question if you were those poor parents that you would ask SC would be: Did you go look for her? Did you go to the friends apt. here in the complex? What were you doing for 4 hrs in the afternoon where there is a gap in your story?

The HB parents could barely keep it together for the quick GMA interview today IMO.

Do you think they were satisfied with the SC 'account of the day's activities'?

I don't think so....

MOO

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't been able to read all of the posts. My guess about the dumpster diving and the talking to random people at the complex is to see what evidence may have been left or heard or seen that may implicate him in the disappearance - maybe something was tossed in the dumpster that he didn't intend to toss in the dumpster. Same with the cell phone records - what trail did those leave that someone would have to worry about? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB