TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think this pertains to Heidi?

The news apparently thinks it’s possibly related to Heidi. From the article...

“The presence of Austin police has prompted our questions on whether this is connected to the disappearance of Austin mother Heidi Broussard and her infant daughter. They haven't been seen since Dec. 12.

A neighbor told ABC13 police asked her Thursday night whether she remembers any movement here on that day. The only official response from the FBI is a vague statement: "The FBI is lawfully present at the location conducting a law enforcement operation. We plan to stay in scene to see what develops."

I really want to see them come back and show us they are OK and have the kids all reunited, but my gut feels very, very discouraged right now. I wish someone would come out to the press and say "Yeah, I saw her in X place and she was with the baby", etc. but the longer this goes, the bleaker it gets in my heart. So many possibilities and whos and whys and what ifs...:(

Unfortunately, LE is probably having to check out all kinds of "sitings".

Everyone who sees a brunette with a new baby will be calling and using up valuable investigative resources.

Remember Laci Peterson and the people who were sure they saw her in the park on Christmas Eve?

Okay, the MSM story about the lady Sarra who is organizing a search for Heidi and baby Margo - in it they said that the DAY BEFORE she went missing, Heidi and the baby were at Waterloo Ice House the article says. Out in public, tiny newborn - I wonder if someone saw them and followed them...

Article on Fox26. Community organizes search for missing Austin mother, baby

Last edited:
DEC 19, 2019
Expert calls circumstances in missing Austin mother, baby case "profoundly rare"
[…]

Assistant Professor at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Michelle Jeanis has a research focus on missing persons cases.

[…]

Jeanis says statistically speaking, it's extremely uncommon for people to just get up and walk away, especially with a small child.

The possibility of an abduction, she claims, is even more unlikely. "It's profoundly rare that strangers abduct an adult or strangers abduct a child and the two of them together would not typically make an easy victim," says Jeanis.

[…]

In missing persons cases, Jeanis claims the more media attention the better. However, that does not mean investigators reveal everything. "I'm thinking that law enforcement has evidence that they're not for safety reasons sharing with us," says Jeanis.

[…]

Last edited:
Expert calls circumstances in missing Austin mother, baby case "profoundly rare"

SABBM:

She tells CBS Austin the circumstances surrounding Heidi and Margot's case are "profoundly rare." "Rarely do we see two people go missing at the same time more-less a mother and her infant," says Jeanis.

Jeanis says statistically speaking, it's extremely uncommon for people to just get up and walk away, especially with a small child.

The possibility of an abduction, she claims, is even more unlikely. "It's profoundly rare that strangers abduct an adult or strangers abduct a child and the two of them together would not typically make an easy victim," says Jeanis.

This speaks directly to a point I made earlier.

It's extremely unlikely that this is a case of either stranger abduction OR walkaway.

That doesn't leave many other options on the table.

Unfortunately.

*ETA: @PommyMommy beat me to the buzzer...again!

JMO.

Okay, the MSM story about the lady Sarra who is organizing a search for Heidi and baby Margo - in it they said that the DAY BEFORE she went missing, Heidi and the baby were at Waterloo Ice House the article says. Out in public, tiny newborn - I wonder if someone saw them and followed them...or if being there angered someone close to her...or if she met someone there.

Article on Fox26.
Thank you. Do you have a link?

I was hoping that it would get cleared up before it grew legs lol I know we don't always agree on these cases @RANCH, but nice to see you :)

What do you think has happened in this case? Right now I'm leaning towards the abduction for the baby scenario, but I am open to all possibilities, including the BF, I just don't have the same feeling as many do about him.
Not enough info for me to even guess at this point.

I like to give people the benefit of doubt until there's clear evidence that they are guilty of something.

The media is in the business of making money.

Therefore, they have to show stories that draw the interest of their viewers which requires having live human beings tell their stories.

If anything, in this case I believe the press has failed to ask some hard questions so the fiancee has been given a break.....You say potahtoes, I say potatoes. Remember Chris Watts.

I saw Watts' interviews, I cannot compare this to that at all. I just don't see it.
I would agree that the media isn't asking certain questions that some of us want to know, but I'm not sure how that will make any difference at this point in time.
Why do you think this pertains to Heidi?
Not who you asked but did you look at it? Austin PD is there --- a Houston home.

This is scary. We live in such a sad and frightening world.

Thirty years ago, a woman showed up banging on my door at 4:30 in the morning. Completely nude, with nothing more than a blanket loosely wrapped around her, sobbing, and with a swollen face and 2 blackening eyes. I opened the door and she pushed her way in, screaming. Out in the street was a car driving slowly. I assumed she had jumped out of the car. I was wrong.

She had fled her apartment - on foot - from ONE MILE AWAY and ran up city steps, through streets, down sidewalks banging on doors ... while the whole time her guy, who had just beaten her in a violent fight, was chasing and following her in his car. Until she found a person awake with a door to get inside for help.

I got her clothing and tea. We called the police. They came and took her to safety.

Had she not found someone that just happened to be awake, he would have likely forced her back into his car and she may never have lived another day.

I keep thinking Heidi fled to safety with her baby.

But I fear I am, once again, wrong.

Jessica Willey‏Verified account @ImJessicaWilley 1m1 minute ago
HAPPENING NOW: two dozen officers and agents from DPS, Texas Rangers, FBI and Austin Police are at a home in NW Harris County. They told neighbors it’s connected to an Austin missing persons case. They are focused on a car in the back. #abc13
Oh no. I’m afraid this may be the news we’ve been waiting for. Certainly seems like it, with APD in Houston, out of their jurisdiction.
Just wondering, are there any other high profile missing persons cases out of Austin right now?
Still holding out hope mama and baby are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1