TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing he said in his interview lead me to believe he was involved. I wondered about how he spent the hours after he got home from work until he picked up his son but I interpreted the rest of his words and physical reactions as nervousness.

I think the 5-hour delay before contacting LE was troubling to everybody but I also think SC tried to explain it in his own way.

First, he said that he thought HB was visiting a friend that lived in the complex when he arrived home and she was gone. Perhaps he took a nap thinking that HB would wake him when she got home. Then he said she called him in the morning about spending $25 on books. I think he very well could have been deceptive when he said he told her it was OK. He'd be embarrassed to tell the listening world that he went off on HB over the purchase -- but I think he told his dad the truth.

SC never told us if he spent any time checking hospitals or calling around to her family and friends-- inquiring if they knew of her whereabouts. It's also why I think he fell asleep -- again not wanting us to know.

Lastly, he told us he went to collect his son around 6 pm which is a 6-mile round trip which at 6 pm could easily be 45 minutes, and then he fed his son.

We also learned of the family disturbance call to APD reported last February which adds credibility to the reports about an on and off again relationship which I think could also add to SC's demeanor and how he came across by not being able to face the camera. I just think SC felt and still feels a lot of guilt over problems in their relationship -- especially if LE had already grilled him about these issues.

MOO

Last edited:
I know we all feel bad having suspicions about SC. I do, but I have to say he gave the oddest interviews. His checking in dumpsters, going to the phone store, etc., I still consider not a good idea. Poor Guy though, I guess he didn't know what to do.

Heidi did look happy in those pics with baby Margo. What we're hearing happened is so wrong. If you believe in any kind of higher plan, then taking a baby away from a loving mother is against the Divine Plan. Just a thought.

Good Night.
I'm wondering if LE asked him to go to the phone store to speed up getting information on her phone. Otherwise, it would have taken forever for them to get this information- we've seen this in other cases where they have to have a warrant, then wait for the information to come back.

I think this is what we know - hopefully I got it all, but it's late... MOO
  • Officials from the Texas Rangers, DPS, FBI and the APD had been at a home in the 8100 block of Bo Jack Drive in the Rolling Fork Subdivision in Houston since Thurs. afternoon.
  • ABC13 counted about two dozen officers and agents at the scene.
  • A neighbor said LE asked her if she remembered any movement there on Dec 12.
  • Cy-Fair VFD confirmed Medic 10 responded to the house Thurs. afternoon for a 1-month-old female. The call came from CPS, who requested an evaluation. She had no obvious injuries but went to the hospital for evaluation.
  • Craig Cummings with Texas DPS confirmed to KPRC 2 that they were at the home in connection to Heidi and Margo's disappearance.
  • ABC13's crew waited for what was believed to be a warrant service. Then, around 8:15 pm, LE entered the house.
  • LE was focused on a car in the driveway in the back.
  • ABC’s helicopter was overhead earlier in the day, and a Nissan was seen parked at the house.
  • It was confirmed that the car belongs to a friend of Heidi’s.
  • The ME arrived and removed a body which is unidentified.
MOO
Wow. Thanks so much for the update. I can't believe it :( I'll keep an eye out for updates.

I know we all feel bad having suspicions about SC. I do, but I have to say he gave the oddest interviews. His checking in dumpsters, going to the phone store, etc., I still consider not a good idea. Poor Guy though, I guess he didn't know what to do.

Heidi did look happy in those pics with baby Margo. What we're hearing happened is so wrong. If you believe in any kind of higher plan, then taking a baby away from a loving mother is against the Divine Plan. Just a thought.

Good Night.
IMO this tragic story is far from over and I don't believe it's possible to eliminate anyone from the narrative of this tragedy until LE discloses more in the way of details.

The good news is that HB son appears to be with his grandparents (HB parents) tonight and is in safe and responsible hands and it is believed that baby Margot was taken to hospital in Houston earlier today.

MOO

Hats off to Barnabas. The second post in the first thread.
"I hope it's not another case of someone needing a newborn for a fake pregnancy"

We are holding off starting a new thread until we have confirmed information about Heidi and her baby. Unless it takes days and days. Hoping by later this morning we will have some sort of confirmation.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if LE asked him to go to the phone store to speed up getting information on her phone. Otherwise, it would have taken forever for them to get this information- we've seen this in other cases where they have to have a warrant, then wait for the information to come back.

This is why I think folks should have all their phones on a family plan, even if the "children" are adults.

Well, I know there are some personal privavcy concerns.
But, at times like these...

Wow, never expected this outcome. And I feel terrible for having been completely stuck on SC. This type of scenario was really low on my list.

A twenty-some year friend. Someone Heidi likely had no reason to be wary of. It would have been so easy to lure her away, under the flimsiest of pretext. It also could have been pre-arranged to meet Heidi that morning, under a ruse of say, taking her grocery shopping. Oh, and look, I just happened to buy you an extra carrier for the baby, try it out. If it was pre-arranged, it would explain some of SC's strange comments, i.e., "two beautiful women".

I wonder how close this friend was. Nearly every group of girl friends always seems to have That Crazy One.

I'm so glad Margo is okay and my thoughts to Heidi's loved ones. xo

Baby safe at Texas home where police reported to be looking for missing mom, newborn
[…]

A 1-month-old baby was found safe at the home just before 11 p.m., said Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department public information officer Lt. Daniel Arizpe, but the identity of that infant has not been released. Arizpe said a call about a child, who was later taken to a hospital, came from Child Protective Services. He said the baby had no obvious injuries but did not provide any other details.

[…]

Jersey Village is a community of around 7,600 in Harris County northwest of Houston, and about 130 miles east of Austin.

Infant found at Harris Co. home as authorities investigate missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard & baby
[…]

According to Cy-Fair Fire Department spokesperson Lt. Daniel Arizpe, Child Protective Services called CFFD to the home at 10:56 p.m. Thursday night. Arizpe says a one-month baby girl was found with “no obvious injuries or problems” and was taken to an area hospital.

There is no further information on the baby’s condition at this time. KXAN is working to confirm whether the infant is Margot Carey.

[…]

I have a headache from looking down at my iPad all day.
Ugh. This is horrible.
I feel like I have a hangover, but without benefit of having any fun in the making.
So sad. :(
But at least some good,
sweet Baby Margo. ❤︎

And still waiting for lots more news.

So basically, this looks like one of the most bizarre baby snatching crimes we’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a single case, where a mother was kidnapped with her newborn, taken to another location, and apparently killed.

Atleast not in a way this stunningly brazen, and by someone the mother knew. And I get the feeling we don’t know the half of it yet.

I recall a case were a boyfriend claimed his girlfriend and newborn child were missing after a Child Protection Services worker came and took them for court. I truly thought the boyfriend did it but it turned out to be true that a fake CPS worker kidnapped them both a killed the mother to get the infant.

I recall a case were a boyfriend claimed his girlfriend and newborn child were missing after a Child Protection Services worker came and took them for court. I truly thought the boyfriend did it but it turned out to be true that a fake CPS worker kidnapped them both a killed the mother to get the infant.
Holy crap, yeah, you’ve found one that has parallels to this case.

I’d never heard of a similar case before.

Diabolical:

Prosecutors said Jones drove to Fleming’s home in Anderson on April 6, 2015, and posed as a state child services worker, dressed in business attire and with a binder of fake paperwork. Jones allegedly told Fleming she was there to drive her and her baby to a court hearing in Gary.

Fleming’s 21-year-old boyfriend reported her missing on April 10, 2015.

Fleming’s body was found in Jones’ home in Gary on April 17, 2015. Fleming had been stabbed 10 times. The body was doused in bleach and placed in a plastic bin hidden in a closet.

Jones previously had told family and neighbors that she was pregnant with twins. Authorities found a furnished nursery in her home.

Woman pleads guilty to killing mom, taking baby

ETA: @Jethro4WS posted this earlier, and I missed it.

Last edited:

Holy crap! How long ago?
And where?
Yikes.
Is there a thread here on WS?

eta: lol, @MassGuy and I had the same reaction!

eta again: omg, that story is horrifying! Took exactly one week, there, too.

Last edited:
Possibly the friend suggested a coffee or whatever, and soon after leaving the complex, drove into a "short cut" alley or wherever, and quickly incapacitated Heidi, before driving on to Houston. So awful, whatever happened.

It could be her friend slipped something in her coffee to incapacitate her and drove to Houston soon after. She would look like she was sleeping to people around and a new Mom is often extremely sleep deprived and prone to nodding off. JMO, not saying I think it happened but it could have...

Holy crap, yeah, you’ve found one that has parallels to this case.

I’d never heard of a similar case before.

Diabolical:

Prosecutors said Jones drove to Fleming’s home in Anderson on April 6, 2015, and posed as a state child services worker, dressed in business attire and with a binder of fake paperwork. Jones allegedly told Fleming she was there to drive her and her baby to a court hearing in Gary.

Fleming’s 21-year-old boyfriend reported her missing on April 10, 2015.

Fleming’s body was found in Jones’ home in Gary on April 17, 2015. Fleming had been stabbed 10 times. The body was doused in bleach and placed in a plastic bin hidden in a closet.

Jones previously had told family and neighbors that she was pregnant with twins. Authorities found a furnished nursery in her home.

Woman pleads guilty to killing mom, taking baby

ETA: @Jethro4WS posted this earlier, and I missed it.

I think there was a Snapped episode this past year depicting this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321