TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about what led LE to the house today, I wonder if someone they've been questioning finally broke and gave up the location and others involved.

Perhaps someone cut a deal which has the potential to make us all crazy a la Krystal Kinney?

We may or may not be surprised to hear who is under arrest tomorrow.

It could be too early for anyone to take a victory lap here......not that anyone would. :rolleyes:
Maybe phone records came in.

Based on the latest developments... and without naming anyone ... is the general consensus that a girlfriend of HB drove from Houston to Austin based on insider information (presumedly from HB directly) that HB would now be alone after dropping son off at school... and that girlfriend somehow grabbed HB and baby outside the apartment getting them into her car, turning off HB phone and driving off and killed HB and brought them both back to Houston with HB in car dead?

If true that's certainly bizarre and seems like a second person would be needed to pull it off.

MOO
Pretty much. The wretched woman in question "may" have a significant other.

I feel so bad for Shane. He’ll have two children to raise, he’ll have to tell them in time what happened to their mother. He’ll have to try to understand it himself.
And Heidi’s poor parents. It was a time of celebration and now it looks like it’s turned into a time of grief and sorrow. At least with the way it’s looking right now, based on my speculation as to what happened,

He actually has 3 children. There are 2 children that lost their mom, and 1 child that has lost her step-mom. I know they aren't married, but from what I can gather about Heidi, I have no doubt she treated his daughter no differently than as if she was her own.

Thinking about what led LE to the house today, I wonder if someone they've been questioning finally broke and gave up the location and others involved.

Perhaps someone cut a deal which has the potential to make us all crazy a la Krystal Kinney?

We may or may not be surprised to hear who is under arrest tomorrow.

It could be too early for anyone to take a victory lap here......not that anyone would. :rolleyes:

neighbours reported that LE was asking about cars, what they drove, etc. I think they saw a vehicle on video. I think it's possible that someone reported this "friend" as suspicious. It's also possible that LE interviewed her, because they were interviewing everyone, and they were suspicious and investigated further. JMO

And another moral:
Just because we've heard bits and pieces and made assumptions doesn't mean we know the whole story.

We may not even know it until there's a trial. How transparent are things in Texas?
We are pretty sure at this point, the boyfriend had little or nothing to d with it. At one time, he was the only one people were suspicious of.

Well this saga certainly had quite the twist. I'm still hung up on SC's demeanor and interviews. A couple of his quotes that now take on new meaning: "two beautiful women" and also the quote about feeding the baby.
I think the door is all but closed there. This wasn’t what it looked like, even with all the concerning things we observed, and reports we read.

He’s not involved in this, but the picture ain’t pretty.

He actually has 3 children. There are 2 children that lost their mom, and 1 child that has lost her step-mom. I know they aren't married, but from what I can gather about Heidi, I have no doubt she treated his daughter no differently than as if she was her own.
I did forget about Shane’s oldest daughter in all this. She’ll need an explanation as well. My post was mostly feeling bad for Shane and all he had in front of him now. This was not to exclude anyone. Not Shane’s oldest daughter, Heidi’s parents, her friends, any siblings she might have, etc.

I don't know if SC has had minor brushes with LE maybe in his youth. That could explain some of his uncomfortable under scrutiny behavior. As to choice of words and laughter, still a mystery to me but perhaps it doesn't matter unless the story isn't over. But I hope it is for everyone's sake.

Everyone is stunned and in shock, questioning things, wanting answers that we all have to wait for impatiently.

We don't know if her friend acted alone or had help. Time will tell who was involved, I think we know the why, but not the how just yet. It is definitely possible that she acted alone. Leaving a deceased body, whether in the house somewhere or in the trunk of the car tells me that if she did indeed act alone, she did not have time to dispose of her body. She probably did not anticipate being crazy busy with a newborn. Plus the baby might have been fussy and crying more- she was used to being breast fed, and I am sure switching over to bottle feeding made the little one fussy. Changing diapers- all of us parents or aunts and uncles, friends to folks who have children know- your time is not your own when you have a newborn in your life- whether as a parent or a babysitter, you are busy busy busy!

I think folks need to calm down and stop hurling accusations and snarky comments at one another. We will get more information in the coming days as to who was involved and who will be arrested. Bickering back and forth at one another over being right or wrong is silly.

Well this saga certainly had quite the twist. I'm still hung up on SC's demeanor and interviews. A couple of his quotes that now take on new meaning: "two beautiful women" and also the quote about feeding the baby.

Good thoughts. I also wonder. Maybe he knew she had plans to see a female friend that day, or maybe found electronic communication (ie cell phone contact) between two females. I do wonder if he had more information during those interviews, and and that made his interviews seem more “awkward,” or made him appear nervous or as if he was leaving gaps in his day. He was possibly privy to much more than we were during those interviews and was given instructions by LE on what not to discuss/reveal, and that possibly could have included his activities that day. This is speculation and JMO, of course.

Last edited:
Initially, I thought this was a possible abduction. On the surface, there's the unlocked car and a two-week old baby-- I thought of a mom loading up the car before carrying the baby out to the car. Now I don't know what to think. :confused:

Bumping my post from this morning where I had convinced myself this was an abduction until today when I no longer knew what to think. I made that comment because I couldn't find any fake pregnancy abductors taking mom when the baby was already born.

@PaulaDC also thought it was a baby abductor that was a real nutter and I told her these type of women typically don't harm the baby.

Knowing nothing about the alleged suspect, I think it's possible that HB was placed inside the trunk right away (such as the apartment lot). I'm thinking of Mollie Tibbetts that ended up in the trunk by somebody she was arguing with on the street-- and he was a short, scranny dude. If HB was caught totally off guard by an acquaintance or alleged friend, I think it could happen quickly.

I so wanted to believe both mom and baby would be recovered alive. I thought HB looked very happy in photos holding her newborn and her plans last Thursday were not to abandon her family but to read a brand new book to her son that evening. It just doesn't get any sadder than this. :( :(

MOO

In terms of an 'outside baby' being stolen from someone, there was a case I followed on here that happened when a woman (unknown to the mother/family) broke in to another woman's house, with a gun, and stole the baby after slashing the mother's throat -- this baby was a newborn too, but with a very noticeable birthmark on her face, commonly called an 'Angel's Kiss'.

Both the mother and baby survived -- the SIL actually identified the baby, the attacker had disguised the birthmark with make-up, which was fairly quickly noticed, within a few days IIRC-- but there was minor suspicion on the mother for various reasons, though generally her story (as she was alive to tell it!) was strongly believed.

Turned out that the baby-snatcher had been pregnant and sadly miscarried (sad, as I said, but most women who go through that don't become criminals and near-killers), although how pregnant she was and when she miscarried was up for debate when I last saw the case. A medical examination did confirm recent pregnancy, however.

This woman was not a friend or even a faux-friend befriended online -- simply, she had seen the 'New Baby!' signs outside the mother's house, apparently from the highway, and had knocked on the door to ask to use the phone and the loo before she produced a gun, mum managed to grab a knife and actually stab her in the leg, then the baby-snatcher got the knife and slashed mum's throat before grabbing the baby.

So, strange things do happen, sadly, and this woman-with-a-gun was clearly not against killing the mother if she had to, and it was only luck that she didn't when she got hold of the knife. It was apparently somewhat impulsive as the baby-snatcher just happened to see the signs, and had gone from there.

Called it a few days ago, figured it was someone that took them both for “the baby”. Didn’t imagine it may be a close friend though, I was thinking more on the lines of stranger abduction. Super sad news regardless, continued prayers for the family! Happy Birthday Tricia, thank you for this site and all you do to maintain it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina