TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have no idea how to attach links here, but I just saw an article earlier that quoted that SC arrived home at 1:40. and that not long after that he was contacted by the school. I believe it said around 2. I have yet to see anything other than a Facebook post by a friend who quoted 6pm. I never hear him say 6 either. I think there may be some issue with this whole timeline and the missing 5 hours.
He is quoted is msm as saying the school did not call him, but that may not be accurate.

LE confirmed they were called at 730 pm. That is a long time.

If Margo was born on her due date, conception was 3/5. Conception on 2/19 leads to a 11/12/19 due date. http://perinatology.com/calculators/Due-Date.htm It seems likely that the family disturbance was unrelated to the conception of the pregnancy or discovery that she was pregnant.
It is within the time of normal gestation. That is awfully close. Of my 8 , 3 were born 2 weeks late, one 2 1/2 weeks late and only 2 were born on their due date (which is approximate). Conception can occur in a 3 or so day window. The date of her conception cannot be pinned down. I am NOT saying this means the incident happened because of anything connected to her conception. We simply do not know what that was about.

Again, why does he need to do interviews to keep the interest? I am just asking- how does him putting himself out there for the public to scrutinize his every word, or his ability to speak publicly help this situation at all?
I don't think the public loses interest, I think the public is bombarded by tragedy after tragedy (school shootings, mass shootings, another missing woman, abused animals televised, an 18 year war.....) I think the public is numb.
BBM:

It benefits him in this way:

The more vocal and visible he is to the public eye, the more likely the public is to maintain interest in the case.
The public has a notoriously short attention span.
Yesterday's news is yesterday's news.

It really isn't about how this benefits SC, though.

It's about how it benefits HB and MC.

Locating the two of them trumps any concerns related to public perception of him.

Or, it should, anyway.

JMO.

That is so well-worded, Missy... I can just hear that being asked in a reporter's tone and inflection.
Are you a reporter? If not, perhaps you shoudl be!
:)

LOL thanks, but no.... I am a talker and I ask a lot of questions, in life and when following these cases. I really really like facts... facts that are backed up. I can't believe a reporter hasn't asked APD this question, and if I was local I would be concerned that they haven't come and said one way or the other.

How often do these pleas and interviews with family members bring a baby back? Or anyone for that matter?
I agree that getting a face and a description out to the public is important. It is the public that very often brings the missing back. Getting that information out is important. Maybe even a press conference I could see, but how does it benefit this man to keep putting himself out there to have the public label him a suspect when police haven't even done so?

It benefits LE to hear everything those involved have to say.

It's important to lock them into a story so LE can compare that to the actual evidence....i.e. cell phone records, CCTV, witness statements.

Those with nothing to hide should be delighted to tell all they know in case something leads to finding their loved one.

Those with plenty to hide will often tell a revolving story to try and adapt to evidence as it is exposed.

We can be sure LE is smart enough to use a guilty person's words against him and we should be glad because the sooner a criminal is exposed the safer we all are.

Can I ask you a favor, please? Can you just use the report button if you think a post is in violation of TOS? (Including this one if you like.)

Quoting the post that may be in violation and continuing to argue back and forth about it is going to get the thread shut down AGAIN because if the initial post needs to be removed, so will all these pages of replies to it.

I am not a moderator and neither are you. Can you please quit telling everyone what they can and can't post? Because I think the majority of us are genuinely concerned about Heidi and Margo's welfare and would like to see this thread stay open. MOO
Thank you Pommy, those types of posts are disruptive and extremely irritating.

BBM:

In the article, it states that her parents "traveled from Lake Charles, Louisiana last week after Heidi's fiancé Shane called to tell them she and Margot were missing."

There's a world of difference b/t SC calling to notify her parents that she and HC are missing, and calling to ask her parents whether or not they've heard from her at all.

It almost sounds as if he knew they hadn't heard from her.

Throwing the flag on this one, the fact that I'm not a referee, notwithstanding.

JMO.
I am not standing up for the guy at all, but, if it were any one of us calling our significant others parents that were out of state, we'd probably say the same thing and then ask if they had heard from them. Sometimes the way something is reported in MSM can allude to one thing, when it's entirely innocent.

The pic of her parents in front of the apartments and the one of her car shows how everything is so close. Some of you may live in that area, but I must rely on the photos.

Got sad when I read there was a grocery list in her car.

Friend reveals Heidi Broussard went through 'rocky break-up' with fiancé earlier this year | Daily Mail Online

bbm
I hadn't seen that. Grocery list and purse in unlocked car . :( . Maybe she had baby in sling or in her arm and had opened car door, tossed in her purse/list and was about to put baby in carseat when she was either abducted or lured away and it happened like a snap. Ted Bundy used to target a victim and then ask for her help doing something and that was it. It could have been two people working together: one asking her a question and another pushing her in the car.

That scenario jibes with LE thinking they're alive, but doesn't go with a *seemingly to us* lack of a sense of urgency.

For so many years, I waited for buses. I was always wary when I was alone and a car would stop and speak quietly asking a question while motioning for me to come near. No freaking way did I get near a car - especially a van or if there were two males in the car - when something seemed off. Call me paranoid, but I knew what could happen. If the driver wasn't even trying to yell for me to hear over traffic, they didn't need my help. If they were speaking quietly deliberately to draw me near, nfw.

Since you are a local, I'm curious about your opinion or thoughts. This has been a week now, are people expressing concern for safety? I don't think APD has said that there is or isn't a public safety issue, so I'm curious about the local perspective. TIA :)
This wasn’t asked of me, but as another South Austin local I can tell you that so far, a lot of people don’t even seem to know about it. Additionally, no one has mentioned being afraid that there is a baby snatcher on the loose. Things seem to be normal.

Again, why does he need to do interviews to keep the interest? I am just asking- how does him putting himself out there for the public to scrutinize his every word, or his ability to speak publicly help this situation at all?
I don't think the public loses interest, I think the public is bombarded by tragedy after tragedy (school shootings, mass shootings, another missing woman, abused animals televised, an 18 year war.....) I think the public is numb.
I think you’ve answered it right here (bolded portion).

There’s always a tragedy or major event that grabs our attention. That’s why it’s so important to keep the focus on THIS event.

Especially with a fast, 24/7 news cycle.

It benefits LE to hear everything those involved have to say.

It's important to lock them into a story so LE can compare that to the actual evidence....i.e. cell phone records, CCTV, witness statements.

Those with nothing to hide should be delighted to tell all they know in case something leads to finding their loved one.

Those with plenty to hide will often tell a revolving story to try and adapt to evidence as it is exposed.

We can be sure LE is smart enough to use a guilty person's words against him and we should be glad because the sooner a criminal is exposed the safer we all are.

I respect your opinion on this, but my opinion is very different. If it were my family member I would never do a public interview.

I am not standing up for the guy at all, but, if it were any one of us calling our significant others parents that were out of state, we'd probably say the same thing and then ask if they had heard from them. Sometimes the way something is reported in MSM can allude to one thing, when it's entirely innocent.
True. Valid Point.

I'd love for a MSM reporter to ask the parents directly if SC asked them whether or not they'd heard from MB when he called them.

I'd also like reporters to ask the parents for the date and time SC called them.

JMO.

Last edited:
When a person has a loved one that is missing, they shouldn’t care what the public thinks of them. They just want their loved ones found. Nothing matters, just getting the word out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB