TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, this guy's demeanor doesn't seem optimistic. He said no POI.

Oh they 100% have a POI. This is similar to many statements made by LE during an investigation.

I do believe they have investigated and are investigating every angle.

And I just have to take a moment to give my appreciation for those folks. What a horrible and thankless job. They are working around the clock. Not sleeping. Not seeing family. Not eating. And having to deal with rumors and backlash.

So impressed.

DEC 17, 2019
Texas police searching for missing mother, 3-week-old daughter
[…]

Carey said he found a found a diaper bag full of baby items and Broussard's purse and wallet left on the table in their home.

Police have launched an aerial and ground search for the pair while Carey and other family members hope police find new information to get Broussard and Margot back home soon.

[…]

I thought the purse was left in the car? I was wondering why it was on the table like that? It looks really empty as well?

And the wallet is sitting neatly on top of the purse? I thought it must be part of the purse design and not a separate wallet.

This gets more confusing. Why would she have removed her wallet from her purse but left the car door unlocked and the baby bag left in the car? Or was the baby bag not in the car either?

This isn't even a case of bad reporting.

Is it against the rules to say that Shane is not the sharpest knife in the drawer? Hard to believe he had skill and temperament to carry out an attack and clean up the scene. But at this point, who else is there? He does have a lot of unaccounted for time in his story.
PF (Frazer) wasn't the sharpest tool in the drawer, either, but...

Hema Mullur on Twitter
.@Austin_Police: There was no #AmberAlert issued for Margot because this case doesn’t meet the criteria to issue an alert #HeidiBroussard

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
Latest from @Austin_Police: No person(s) of interest or suspects in disappearance of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey. Police still don’t know whether or not she left on her own or if something unfortunate happened. They are utilizing state and federal resources in search.

EMAxdPAXsAIAZhL.jpg

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
OF NOTE: Police say they are still working under the assumption that Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey are alive. @KVUE

My notes from PC:

Brad with violent crime reported:

Updated description

Heidi: 33 years old 5’3” 150 lb. dark hair highlights

Margot: 7’ 7 oz 22 inch

Last seen Thursday in Austin tx

Heidi margot at apt complex at wm cannon in morning of 12/12

7:30 reported

Patrol to scenes

Working case continually

FBI sending child abduction response

Investigating with a number of agencies: Austin, missing person, TX dept of safety, rangers, Travis county (I missed some)

Units have supported

Numerous tips, thank you

We ask that are made be reported to APD. Not online. With those tips may not find them. FB etc.

We ask you share with APD.

Resources call: 512-974-5250

If you see them call apd or local. Continue to search since Thursday night to find Heidi and margo

QUESTIONS FROM MEDIA:

Is Shane poi, not ready to get into that .. Unique case, no poi, exploring very avenue and possible to narrow down and locate margot and Heidi. Need public help

Did they leave on own accord?

Could be either basically

The introduction of fbi is to help APD any

No visual around where? Boots on ground where?

Officers on scene at areas knocking on doors, current state location

What doing on Thursday?

She was dropping child off at school, returned to apt investigation began

5 days now, any closer? What able to do? New video?

Haven’t released. Ongoing investigation won’t release anything right now. Neighbors, coworkers friends, forensic, digital footprint being investigated

Previous calls / disturbance. Part of investigation

Searching? Still ALIVE?

No reason to believe Heidi or margot harmed. Search and Recover manner. Assumption still alive. That’s why need community assistance. Whereabouts, circumstances, contact apd

Domestic instances reported at address? Ongoing

Are you reaching out they may have crossed state lines? Louisiana

Partners with dept. of safety helping reach out to other states, frankly outside jurisdiction

A lot of question whys as to why no amber alert

Amber alert carries specific circumstances. Criteria does not match

Moved up time from 7:50 to sometime in morning, why? Surveillance video?

Due to ongoing investigation. They were back at apt after going to school;

Personal items? Scene processing, ongoing investigation

Where was Shane on Thursday? Timeline of all, family friends, ongoing investigation

Wonder what the strategy is behind calling a PC (a day in advance even) and then reporting nothing. There has to be one.
Watching the actions of someone while they waited on the pc?

I think what was unsaid is more important than what was said. No AA. No confirmation that LE had not been to the apartment prior. No confirmation about the purse and the keys. I have a bad feeling on this one.

So now let’s discuss why they even hold a press conference when there are no new updates.

1. To see who shows up
2. To see reactions of certain people
3. To watch what certain people are doing (location, mobile devices, etc) at the time of press conferences
4. To ask for more tips
5. To clear up rumors

what else. Keep adding.

I kind of had a feeling LE weren’t contacted until 7:30 PM. Not 7. Not 7:15.
The sound started to go out after I heard that part of the presser.

But yes, from 1:00 pm when Heidi was expected to be home ; until 7:30 pm is a LONG time to wait.
Imo.

Says essentially everyone is a person of interest.

<Me: Read between the lines.>

It looks like LE are keeping their cards very close to their vest; so to speak.
Just b/c they say there's no poi doesn't mean they have nothing new or are looking at someone(s).
They could even be looking at transients in the area.
Or that she and baby are in hiding.
Take heart. :)

Please reporters, someone ask what time SC picked up the son.
Ita.
There are gaps of unknown time - in the timeline - that shouldn't be.

At this time, they have no reason to believe that Heidi and Margot have been harmed. They are looking for them in a SAR capacity. Their assumption is that they are alive.

That's encouraging !!!
Hoping for more news later today or soon !

This PC is dissapointing. Nothing new really.
I disagree.

7:30 as the verified time they were reported missing is new.

Last known location being the apartment complex is also a newly released fact.

Both those tidbits are interesting pieces of info.
They're also the 2 things I thought LE would be comfortable releasing.

All other cards are being held closely to LE's vests.

Which tells us they don't want to tip their hand.

JMO.

Wonder what the strategy is behind calling a PC (a day in advance even) and then reporting nothing. There has to be one.
Sure, the strategy would be to publicize the case and ask for leads. They’re struggling right now and need all the help they can get. So the PC was not to provide info - it was in the hope of getting some info.

Clearing him would have been as easy as confirming he was at work exactly when he said he was, and for the entire time. It seems as though there is surveillance footage so hopefully it can shed some light.

So now let’s discuss why they even hold a press conference when there are no new updates.

1. To see who shows up
2. To see reactions of certain people
3. To watch what certain people are doing (location, mobile devices, etc) at the time of press conferences
4. To ask for more tips
5. To clear up rumors

what else. Keep adding.
  • To let the public know she hasn't been found, just in case.
  • To let the perpetrator (if there is one) feel he's still free, to keep an eye on him/her.

Is it against the rules to say that Shane is not the sharpest knife in the drawer? Hard to believe he had skill and temperament to carry out an attack and clean up the scene. But at this point, who else is there? He does have a lot of unaccounted for time in his story.

They never are, but that doesn’t matter. It only matters that they always THINK they are smarter than everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member