TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of ways one could have accidentally or intentionally killed both of them without ever leaving any sort of blood or anything to clean up. A perp could have hit her on the back of her head, or pushed her while she was carrying baby. Gotten angry and pushed her down the stairs while she had baby. IDK how busy that complex is midday so someone could push her down the stairs and stuff her into a vehicle without anyone her seeing it happen. And nobody heard anything.

Or, on an early day off of work, they could have arranged to go somewhere in HIS vehicle. It may well have been planned for when she got back.

We just don't know one way or the other, yet.

So now let’s discuss why they even hold a press conference when there are no new updates.

1. To see who shows up
2. To see reactions of certain people
3. To watch what certain people are doing (location, mobile devices, etc) at the time of press conferences
4. To ask for more tips
5. To clear up rumors

what else. Keep adding.

To ensure the public and concerned friends and family that in a case of this magnitude and importance, involving a newborn baby, they are taking it extremely seriously and working harder than ever to find them.

To me that’s the only reason they held this presser.

Exactly! And I want to add some notes from the video of SC that was removed.

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He realizes what he just said. Watch his eyes. He starts laughing at himself.
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left.

I said this also, he's leaking all over IMO. Listen again ...
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left.

I said this also, he's leaking all over IMO. Listen again ...

Fox Interview
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

I guess I need to spell things out very carefully - as in no family spoke there, no pleas, no holding up pictures.
Edited to add: Which doesn't surprise me bc it seemed a very strange nuthin' of a presser.
Haha. True - we didn't see any family, and the press didn't mention any - and you'd think they would have done so!

But, we don't know who was who in the audience, unfortunately. Nothing about them. Wish there had been a glimpse.

Or: perhaps they were told to stay away by LE for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
I too am curious about the lack of a family statement. Whether she is missing voluntarily or by the hand of someone else, I had expected to have some sort of statement. If LE thought someone had them, I would think that they would have encouraged the family to speak, humanize H&M, in hopes that if they haven't been harmed that they won't be. If they thought she was missing voluntarily, I would think that they would ask the family to speak on how they love her, want her home. But nothing, silence.

We have only heard from Shane and his dad, so far, in this case. I find that interesting.

FBI involved in ‘continuous’ search for missing south Austin mom, infant; no person of interest

Quotes from article:
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin Police are “continuously searching” for a missing south Austin mom and her infant daughter while leaving every possibility open on their whereabouts.

Heidi Broussard and her daughter Margot Carey have been missing since Thursday. Margot, who was born Nov. 26, turned three weeks old Tuesday.

Police say the pair was last seen around 7:30 a.m. Thursday at Cowan Elementary School. Police believe they went back to their home in the area of West William Cannon Drive and South First Street after they went to the elementary school, but they haven’t been seen since.

APD says currently there isn’t a person of interest in the case as they continue to interview family and friends.

“We don’t have a person of interest right now. To be completely honest, anything is possible at this time,” Detective Brad Herries with APD Violent Crimes said Tuesday.

The FBI’s Child Abduction Deployment Response team is assisting with the investigation, but APD is making it clear the FBI’s help isn’t an indication of what may or may not have happened to Broussard and her baby.

The Texas Rangers are also assisting in the investigation.

“At this time, we have no reason to believe Broussard nor the baby are harmed. We are still looking for them in a search and recovery manner,” Det. Herries said.

Police say electronic devices are being continually monitored for activity or tips.

Police say they’ve received numerous tips over the five days and are asking that all tips be submitted to the Austin Police Department at 512-974-5250.

If they really had the option it was voluntary then the family would plea for coming back to them right in the pc?

Yes.

It was notable to me that, while they gave hope of them being alive - they NEVER said for Heidi to contact anyone (that she'd be safe if they did, or whom she could contact.)

NOTHING spoken was directed towards Heidi at all.

Grim, IMO.

PC was telling, to me. Very grim. Seemed more like going through the motions to make someone think they are still searching for them alive. Very weird that family and SC were absent (if, indeed, they were). I wish someone had asked about SC cooperation in the investigation.

After watching the presser and thinking more on this, SC is looking guiltier by the minute. The fact that she virtually disappeared right after the conversation (possible fight) about the $25 and the refusal of LE to deny prior DV incidents is scary.
I totally agree with you. IMO that press conference spoke VOLUMES. This will be wrapped up fast.

I get the impression they are leaning towards this being voluntary.
Voluntary.... or they just know nothing. Idk why anyone expects them too- it is really never the police who solve these crimes. It is almost always something found on a search, a good samaritan or someone comes across human remains.... people put way too much faith into what police do. If they say they have no reason so suspect she is not alive, it's because I'm sure they have looked at the apartment or vehicle for blood evidence and found none.

The detective was pretty vague when asked pointed questions about Shane (I think even one of them was just asking if his time at work that Thursday was confirmed). Besides there being something that's causing them to be unable to name him as not a suspect, is there ANY reason for him to be silent about him? He didn't even say that he had been cooperating...

No photos of Heidi or the baby, no impassioned statement from the family... WHY?

*He slipped!
[BBM=Bolded by Me]

So, what if he arrived home before 1:40 pm. She was making lunch. That's when something happened. It gets dark at 5:00 p.m. Hard to see what goes out of the apartment after dark. Report to LE at 7:30 p.m.
(speculation only)

*He slipped!

Oh shoot. I didn’t catch that.

agree. it's like a waiting game. i have the feeling somebody will crack. i was surprised they did not mention if bf has been interviewed at station yet.
This is also what I am dying to know! Has LE put SC’s “feet to the fire” in the interrogation room, as of yet? As emotional as he has come across, one would be inclined to think he would spill his guts relatively quickly if he was hiding anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia