TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for mentioning the comment Shane was making about acting natural. I meant to address this. That is exactly what my take was on it, the same as yours. He was being told where to hold the phone, to stand still, to do this and that an$ Shane was telling him he just wanted to act natural, basically meaning he didn’t want to be posed or told where to stand, how to act. IMO
Thank you for this. I agree with him and don't you just know that if he allowed himself to be posed and directed, we'd all be speculating how unnatural and artificial he was acting - like he was hiding something. I don't anticipate ever having to be in the position as someone making a public plea for a missing or killed loved-one, but all I can think of is how it would be pulled apart and analyzed up the wazoo and none of it would be that I looked innocent. And that those appearances would live on the internet forever. :/

That is so sad. I had PPD pretty severely with my two youngest. I can empathize. Sweet Heidi, I hope she wasn’t in a place of despair.

Thanks for the info.

I hope not either. It really bothers me that not one reporter thought to ask if she had been depressed lately or acting oddly, saying or doing anything weird. Unless I missed it.

One did ask something sort of vague about if she was upset with him that morning or something to that effect. But what about intense depression for three weeks? Not one question.

And that can become psychosis. It can lead to someone suddenly disappearing. It can lead to suicide or homicide.

It could just happen to be something like that with the misfortune that the bodies haven’t been found and that she has a fiancé who has an unfortunate affect when it comes to stress and fear, and maybe wasn’t as involved as he could be (hence maybe sleeping during the day, not getting too concerned, not picking up the kid, etc.)

It’s possible.

There have been several cases this year where LE seemed to speak in riddles or say nothing.

The main points that jumped out to me with this PC was Detective who spoke was from Violent Crimes Unit. He stated what other agencies were working this case which included FBI among others. Unique case, all avenues being explored and most importantly search and recovery.

I believe the Detective had a script to follow so to speak. He was very careful on what and how he said it. Heidi and Margot have been missing since December 12th. I believe they are trying to crack open a walnut without opening up the legalities that make cases stall. KWIM

Now of course I'm not an expert other than following decades of cases before we had instant gratification with the internet, etc. Pressers were one of the only avenues we had other than newspapers or books. I'm praying something breaks open soon.

JMHO

Last edited:
omg SO FREAKING ANNOYING - it was at the og link and now it's not. This is driving me and everyone in Austin insane,

I have tried everything to find the original story, way back machine... cached google version... nothing is working. I think they just updated the story today and in the process deleted what was there yesterday :( I can't believe that no one posted it yesterday, the school not calling seems like something that would have been caught by someone here!

To be honest, if my parents were alive and my husband went missing- I would call them first, most likely after I called LE, if I really was worried something was wrong with hubby. I would definitely call his parents right after, but sometimes, it's a comfort thing, you know what I mean? I thought she said that SC did call her?

I could see where he might think calling the police was over-reacting, so he figured he'd run it by his dad - besides, his dad might think of something/someone obvious he had overlooked.

yep, you're correct - he started to do his nervous laugh and then went off camera.

Which actually does go to possibly being a sign he laughs or smiles when he feels like crying or when something makes him cry, to brush it off.

Again, I’ve never seen an innocent person in a missing child/mate case act that way. Not once.

But I’m entertaining the notion.

Does bringing up his son who is missing his mama and his sister make him cry?

I think that is the more logical reason. Whether it’s because he’s sad for his child that he’s missing mama or because he’s sad for his child because he knows the kid lost his mother, is another question.

Auto pilot, REALLY? I would be wracking my brain for every detail I could think of and relaying it all because you never know what matters. I would never get tired of telling it if I loved them! I would beg and force people to listen. I would be absolutely desperate, where is his desperation?

I meant auto pilot, as in he had told his story several times already...
I'm not defending him, but it just didn't seem like a "slip-up", since we know
that they made it to the school that morning.
btw, I also edited my post ...that his laughing surely is a concern. (for me)

The fact that the cost of the books was mentioned at all, I’ve always found odd.

One way to look at it, is that she was expected to tell him whenever she made a purchase, what it was for, and how much it cost.

Or, maybe they didn’t have much money, and that was something they agreed to do.

But with all that’s going on, and the stakes being as high as they are, the price coming up rubs me the wrong way. It’s irrelevant to what happened, and extraneous information on the whole.

She bought books, and we talked about it on the phone, should suffice.

This was on his mind, regardless of the reason. But it does make me wonder if this spurred an argument.

JMO
I agree. It just rubbed me wrong when I heard it the first time. And in the long un-edited version, did you catch the other money related comment about when he was talking about how kind she was, that if she only had 5 dollars in the account, she would still give it to someone, or something close to that.

For some reason, when I heard that, I tied the initial 25 dollar comment along with the last money comment to equal "money issues" could be involved in this case somehow.

I think that is the more logical reason. Whether it’s because he’s sad for his child that he’s missing mama or because he’s sad for his child because he knows the kid lost his mother, is another question.

Yes, I feel someone said that recently... and that I read it here... maybe Gavin deBecker? Some expert who was very careful to say something like, sometimes the behaviors of guilty people in PCs throw you off, but it's not because said guilty people are in fact innocent. It's because they know they are guilty and are feeling sorry for themselves/frightened to death that they will go to jail, etc., etc.; and that sometimes people are mistaking POI's remorse or white hot fear for appropriate grief for the person in trouble?

Ha! And I’ve found generally, when someone utters the phrase “to be honest,” the next words out of their mouths are almost always a lie.

You didn’t include that part, but it goes to what you were saying.

I think they are downplaying what they do have, in order to make any suspect more calm. It gives them time to come up with more evidence, and could potentially allow this person to dig themselves a hole.

BBM well then I’m in big trouble I always say “to be honest “ with you right before I tell the truth about something I think is going to hurt, more of a statement of “you asked for it.”

Am I explaining this right? Say it before I think I’m going to hurt you with my honest answer but you deserve nothing less than honest so here it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar