TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible he didn't go pick up his son right off because he was busy, and I don't mean sleeping.

Why did he fail to report her missing to LE sooner? It could be a simple answer. Yet, he did things as though he was starting his own investigation looking in dumpsters and going to the phone store. LE doesn't like that, it's their job.

MOO

I think it was just a normal mistake. He spoke to Heide later that day; and he was probably just on auto pilot, starting with the morning, then realized mid-sentence.
I thought it was odd, too, but I think just a tired-brain mistake, rather than a "slip-up". We know that Heidi and their son (and seemingly Margo) made it safely to the school that morning.
Really nothing there to clang any alarms, for me, anyway.
(mooa)

Auto pilot, REALLY? I would be wracking my brain for every detail I could think of and relaying it all because you never know what matters. I would never get tired of telling it if I loved them! I would beg and force people to listen. I would be absolutely desperate, where is his desperation?

Last edited:
I don't understand why people can't see the quote where it says the school never called. Here's yet another link

FBI investigating disappearance of mother and newborn baby in Texas

It's actually not a quote. I quote would have been in quotation marks, it references another article that is no longer there or isn't linked properly.

After reading the post by her friend that someone else has just linked, the randomness of the statement that 'the school never called' makes a bit more sense to me though. Maybe a reporter actually asked a good question and asked him about the school calling and he said the school never called. JMO

This is all 100% your opinion, not fact. It’s great you want to defend him, but everyone else is entitled to their opinions just as you are. IMO he is precisely like CW. And his act natural cr*p was the second time that sort of thing happened when questioned about his time after work. It wasn’t the cameraman’s fault. The guy had to give him direction because he was just a mess and people don’t want to watch something like what they managed to get from SC. It was the worst interview I’ve ever seen.
Amen!

The fact that the cost of the books was mentioned at all, I’ve always found odd.

One way to look at it, is that she was expected to tell him whenever she made a purchase, what it was for, and how much it cost.

Or, maybe they didn’t have much money, and that was something they agreed to do.

But with all that’s going on, and the stakes being as high as they are, the price coming up rubs me the wrong way. It’s irrelevant to what happened, and extraneous information on the whole.

She bought books, and we talked about it on the phone, should suffice.

This was on his mind, regardless of the reason. But it does make me wonder if this spurred an argument.

I just went back and watched the interview where they show the books she bought that morning. It was two paperbacks and a small board book. There is no way those three books cost $25, especially at a school book fair.
Unfortunately, book fair books are expensive and it probably did cost $25... elementary teacher here. ‍♀️

It's actually not a quote. I quote would have been in quotation marks, it references another article that is no longer there or isn't linked properly.

After reading the post by her friend that someone else has just linked, the randomness of the statement that 'the school never called' makes a bit more sense to me though. Maybe a reporter actually asked a good question and asked him about the school calling and he said the school never called. JMO

omg SO FREAKING ANNOYING - it was at the og link and now it's not. This is driving me and everyone in Austin insane,

Auto pilot, REALLY? I would be wracking my brain for every detail I could think of and relaying it all because you never know what matters. I would never get tired of telling it if I loved them! I would beg and force people to listen & look.

I felt like he was thrashing around to find a characterization for Heidi during the smile-choke-laugh segment, and then wound up saying "son" because he knew he couldn't just leave the sentence dangling. Why he couldn't decide what to call her, I don't purport to know.

Has he gotten stick from one (or both) of the families about their seven-year "engagement", to the point where calling her "fiance" is a loaded word? Was the occasion of her disappearance a fight about the lack of a wedding date? Did they break up instead, in which case he really wouldn't have any idea what to call her? The older children both earned their names, more than once in the course of the raw footage. "My ex-wife" was, at minimum, "my ex-wife", which is at least civil. Heidi, conversely, was largely "she" or "her"; and I also noticed a distinct lack of "they" or "them", at times when it would have seemed appropriate to refer to Heidi and Margot as a unit.

Lastly, maybe when he was "talking" to the unnamed person in the morning, and couldn't come up with Heidi's name, he was hiding his recall of something dramatic, which did not in fact share anything in common with "talking" or "speaking"; thus he can't put her name to this characterization/declaration; and he can't put Margot's name to it.

I just watched the full long interview. I heard him say towards the end when pleading with ppl who may have her (as per question) to just drop her off "she won't be in trouble." I actually began to tear up while watching this video. All of his body language, behaviors, mostly flat affect, and what seemed to me guilt related emotion read to me that they are gone and he's involved. I was nauseated and heartbroken watching this unfold. His emotional guilt kicked in when he brought up the baby. Pleading for people to feed her. As an Austinite I am very determined to have this innocent mother and baby found.

The fact that the cost of the books was mentioned at all, I’ve always found odd.

One way to look at it, is that she was expected to tell him whenever she made a purchase, what it was for, and how much it cost.

Or, maybe they didn’t have much money, and that was something they agreed to do.

But with all that’s going on, and the stakes being as high as they are, the price coming up rubs me the wrong way. It’s irrelevant to what happened, and extraneous information on the whole.

She bought books, and we talked about it on the phone, should suffice.

This was on his mind, regardless of the reason. But it does make me wonder if this spurred an argument.
Plus a new baby can be a major financial stressor. This isn’t a couple of homeowners with solidly paying middle class jobs. They rent an apartment in a not great neighborhood (based on what locals here have said). She’s a 33 year old server at Cracker Barrel not working at the moment and he’s a moving guy with apparently sporadic working hours. Money worries can spark all kinds of grief and rage between couples.

Is he even allowed back at that apartment? I know when the Berreth's were staying there, once LE figured out it might have been a crime scene after the Berreth's found blood in the bathroom and other suspicious things, they made them leave Kelsey's condo.

They don't seem to be treating it like a crime scene. Her vehicle was still there earlier today, someone posted a link to a news report and the reporter pointed out her vehicle was still there.

I usually think they worst of everyone. Lately, I’ve been giving people the benefit of the doubt. Whatever is wrong with you, I think I’ve come down with it too!
Maybe the spirit of the holidays have hit us, lol.

Seriously, this is how I felt with the Maddox Rich case with the father. He acted strange in some of his interviews, and of course, half felt he was innocent, the other half guilty, and I was on the fence.

I just wish they could find Heidi and Margot, safe and sound preferably. That poor woman and baby. The baby was two weeks old when this happened, now she is three weeks old. I just hate the thoughts of this little baby's life ending so soon, senselessly. I honestly would prefer that the mother ran away with her and hasn't been found yet. Far more preferable than the alternatives. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou