TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5:21 "So, it was released earlier on that she was dropping a child off at a school here in Austin and then returns to the apartment, and that's where our investigation begins, is at the time she returns to the apartment."

Last edited:
He said the department of some kind of safety is helping

Department of Public Safety for our non-Texan friends. AKA the DPS AKA State Troopers.

Did anyone ask if the community needed to be scared that a mama and baby thief was on the loose?

I wish. That's been our local heart sinker for days. They warned and updated us constantly during the bomber event and other bad people on the loose cases.

The fact that there were no photos shown of them at all is odd, IMO. They would typically hold a large photo up, something...

Gives me dread.

Not sure how that makes sense. Snatching a white woman and newborn and hightailing it for the heavily guarded border? For what?

Doesn't seem probable. Also it's closer to 4 hours if you are talking Laredo. Farther to any other point on the border.

Having watched the press conference, suddenly, I feel overcome with so much sadness for Heidi, Margot and her big brother, S.

IMO, they are not expecting to find Heidi or Margot alive, and they never did; they had a very good idea of what most likely happened within the first few hours of the report being filed.

Heidi’s last Instagram post breaks my heart. Her son is literally clutching his mama. He loves her so much.
Heidi on Instagram: “My littles and I ❤️

7:30 as verified time that they were reported missing. An even more red flag. Even when he picked his son up at 6. WHY?

Initial reports were that the school contacted SC at about 6pm (after Karate) that the child was still at daycare waiting for pick up. School is located 3 miles from apartment and roundtrip could easily take 45 minutes.

Nonetheless, if SB arrived home around 2 pm and found mom and newborn gone, I think it's reasonable to expect one would make repeated calls to follow-up their whereabouts -- especially because they were believed to be on foot.

I'd like to know what actions were being taken between 2 pm - 7:30 pm? Were calls made to nearby hospitals? Did anybody go check the apartment of HB's alleged girlfriend? Any contact with relatives/friends after finding HB's pocketbook and all baby gear left at home? If one believed HB went out to collect her son from school, how was she supposed to get there if her car was home?

Waiting 5.5 hours before contacting police requires answers and I think that's what investigators are working on. Also think the purpose of the presser was to let the public know they are working on these answers.

MOO

Having watched the press conference, suddenly, I feel overcome with so much sadness for Heidi, Margot and her big brother, S.

IMO, they are not expecting to find Heidi or Margot alive, and they never did; they had a very good idea of what most likely happened within the first few hours of the report being filed.

Heidi’s last Instagram post breaks my heart. Her son is literally clutching his mama. He loves her so much.

It's beyond awful :( Did you notice Heidi typed "Margo" not "Margot"?

If a person were using drugs and learned that their last $25 had been spent on books. Would this cause a fit of rage?
Moo

If it was for weed? No way.

If it was for an an opiate, then I would personally at least be peeved if not angry, particularly if I was coming down or knew I was going to come down.

But I don't get a feeling here drugs have anything to do with it imo.

Last edited:
At the PC the detective mentioned the agencies working with the Austin Police Department: TX Dept of Public Safety, TX Rangers, FBI, Travis County Search & Rescue, TX Parks and Wildlife

There is a state park east down William Cannon: McKinney Falls State Park. Interesting

Regarding Heidi leaving of her own volition: That was an initial hope I had, because it might mean they were still alive.

But, if that were the case, she would have notified authorities by now; the FBI is involved, after all, and if she left to escape abuse, she did nothing illegal. She'd get protection. No reason NOT to speak up if she were alive and hiding.

This press conference shows, unfortunately, that that was not likely to be the case.

Last edited:

Which reminds me. On several photo's Heidi spells Margo's name with NO t (Margo). It's been bothering me that her name has been misspelled, surely her Mama has it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper