TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it was weed, my husband says it makes you very mellow( bad in his younger days:cool:) I never did because my father was OSI in the Air Force and he would have killed me LOL

Different strains have different effects. Getting jumpy or paranoid causes many to quit smoking it. Also even while experiencing those type of effects, one can still burst out laughing.

If someone had them -- LE would've posted many large, poster-sized photos of them at the presser.
And asked people to be on the lookout for a lady and her newborn ; whilst warning the public to be cautious.
None of that has been stated since the beginning of their disappearance.

Ergo, LE do not think anyone has them captive.

I am so sorry for Heidi's family who loved her and Margot.
And her poor young son -- the baby's brother.
This has to be so terrible; the waiting and fear.

Interesting
The gates are just mainly to restrict cars but if someone follows another car in they can get in. Because of damage liability, the gates have sensors and will stay open in another car comes in. They also can be lifted off the track by hand. Ours is all the time and we live in a more upscale place that until just a few weeks ago had NO cameras at the front gate or back (exit) gate. They just recently made the pedestrian gate locked from both sides now and everyone needs a key to get out or in. Recent escalation of crime in ATX made that a necessity.

There is an entire task force in the Austin PD for human trafficking- http://www.austintexas.gov/department/human-trafficking-and-vice-unit

That’s not what I asked. Trafficking is real. It involves immigrants brought here for various purposes including work and sex trade and sometimes illegal adoptions.

It also involves the domestic sex trade but that is mostly of drug addicts, mentally ill, runaways, voluntary prostitutes, LGBTQ youth, former foster youth, and most females in the sex trade here are black. That’s fact. It’s found in multiple articles.

“Researchers have found that the majority of prostituted women had been runaways; for example, 96 percent in San Francisco (Silbert & Pines, 1982), 72 percent in Boston (Norton-Hawk, 2002) and 56 percent in Chicago (Raphael & Shapiro, 2002). Among prostituted youth (both boys and girls), up to 77 percent report having run away at least once (Seng, 1989). Experts have reported that within 48 hours of running away, an adolescent is likely to be approached to participate in prostitution or another form of commercial sexual exploitation (Spangenberg, 2001); however, no definitive published research substantiates this claim.

Like girls, boys exploited through prostitution are most often runaways or throwaways (Flowers, 2001; Lankenau et al., 2005; Moxley-Goldsmith, 2005). For example, one study found that two-thirds of males exploited through prostitution had run away from home prior to becoming involved (Allen, 1980). While many of the factors leading to a young person leaving home are similar for boys and girls, it is estimated that between 40 and 50 percent of boys exploited through prostitution had been thrown out of their homes because of sexual identity issues (Earls & David, 1989; Seattle Commission on Children and Youth, 1986). Approximately 2535 percent of prostituted boys self-identify as gay, bisexual, or transgender/transsexual (Estes & Weiner, 2001). Further, regardless of the boys self-identification, at least 95 percent of all prostitution engaged in by boys is provided to adult men (Estes & Weiner, 2001). Regardless of their sex, when minors leave their homes, it is to protect themselves, often because they view living on the streets as either less dangerous or no more dangerous than staying at home (Hyde, 2005; Martinez, 2006).

Once on the street, homeless youth are at risk for being victimized because they lack the funds, interpersonal and job skills, and support systems necessary to survive on their own (Martinez, 2006). Having often come from chaotic families, runaways tend to lack strategies for problem solving, conflict resolution, and meeting basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter (Martinez, 2006; Robertson & Toro, 1999; Whitbeck, Hoyt, & Yoder, 1999). Some minors turn to substance abuse, crime, and survival sex to meet their basic needs (Greene, Ennett, & Ringwald, 1999; Riley, Greif, Caplan, & MacAulay, 2004; Robertson & Toro, 1999). Furthermore, exposure to the dangers of the street makes them more visible and vulnerable to traffickers, and their risky lifestyles and routines put them at greater risk of being victimized (Kipke, Simon, Montgomery, Unger, & Iversen, 1997; MacLean, Embry, & Cauce, 1999; Tyler, Cauce, & Whitbeck, 2004).”
Other Populations at Risk for Trafficking: Runaway and Homeless Youth

“In the U.S. the victims of trafficking are more likely to be Black than any other group.”

5 Misconceptions About Sex Trafficking and How It Impacts Black Children

https://scholar.colorado.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1054&context=socy_gradetds

Again, cite one case of a white woman being kidnapped in the states and taken across the border for purposes of human trafficking. Let alone with a newborn.

… snipped... Throw a baby into the mix as well, and you’re talking about something all but unprecedented.

You're asking for trouble as in crying, unhappy baby eventually when they're kidnapped without diapers, f0rmula if not breastfed, clean clothes. Some babies can really throw a screaming fit. I have a bad feeling and I don't want to accept it. It's been so long now. Margot, such a newborn cutie...precious. How could anyone hurt a baby?

Oh, I just remembered a case 0f a baby stolen (January 2015 killing of Eliza De La Cruz) and accidently died on the way towards the border, f0und in a dumpster in Imperial Beach, CA. The motive was crazy and shocking. That's why I got to keep my mind open to see other angles.

ETA-- thought this would interest you. The parents got shot in their home!
"D’Milian had to obtain a newborn child after falsely telling a boyfriend she had been pregnant with twins, so she followed a woman home from a bus stop."
Kidnapped Newborn Found Dead in Imperial Beach Dumpster, Murder Trial Underway - Times of San Diego

SBM/BBM

Last edited:
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but didn't SC say that he tried to call HB around 1:40pm and that's when her phone went straight to voicemail? If I've recalled that correctly then I find it odd that he called her at 1:40pm but didn't get home until 2pm. I'm sure he also said he left work around 1pm, got home around 2pm. Did he call her on the way home to let her know he was going to be home in about 20mins? If this is correct then surely the fact she didn't answer at 1:40pm and it went straight to voicemail would mean that when he got home at 2pm and she and Margo weren't there, he'd immediately be panicking, not doing who knows what for literally HOURS before he thought "well, better call the cops".

I will try to figure out where I got the info about him calling her at 1:40pm came from, if anyone else knows where I've seen that then please let me know so I can add a link in here.

Edit:I found it:

"He said he tried calling her again at around 1.40pm but her phone was turned off.

Carey arrived home from work at around 2pm and said his fiancée and their baby were nowhere to be found
."

Tearful fiancé denies being involved in disappearance of his partner and their two-week-old daughter | Daily Mail Online

20 minutes is about right for his work to their apartment, so it sounds like he called when he was heading home.

in the video I linked, he says he called at 7:15 or 7:30.
He says “7ish, 715, 730, something like that” he also says “they got here around 730, I think”

his dad also steps in to answer.

calling at 730 and police getting there at 730 are two different things. I’m sure LE saying they received the call at 730 is the accurate time and investigation began even later than that.

There’s a lot of time from the 8:15 am time he last spoke with her to the 7:30 pm 911 call. It’s a long time from having to pick up the son from daycare because his mom didn’t and calling 911.
Moo

I don’t know that I would call her “much older”. She’s 33. And people don’t walk around with an age bubble above their heads showing how old they are. To me, from the pics I’ve seen, I wouldn’t have guessed she’s 33. And someone seeing her with a newborn might conceivably guess that she is younger than 33.

By the way, the average age of a trafficking victim is 27. And 33% of trafficking victims are age 30 or older. Counter-Trafficking Data Collaborative (CTDC)

And when you talk about the earlier cited article referring to targets that are youthful - there were six populations that were cited and only two of them (foster children and runaways) are what I would consider youthful by definition.

I have no idea if Broussard is a victim of trafficking or not. Just trying to help keep facts straight.

The statistic on your linked page of about 27 y.o. is for the average age of existing international registered victims within IOM, male and female. That is not the age at which they are trafficked. Some live as victims until they die (it includes labor exploitation, and some live basically as worker "slaves" for the rest of their lives) and the older ages are averaged into that statistic. It's a specific focus for that page.

Per your page: "The highest percentage of female victims can be found in the 18-20 age group."

Last edited:
I’m always surprised that people think LE owes them a full explanation of exactly what’s going on in the investigation before the crime has been solved. Seriously, not trying to be bratty but what is expected?

I felt I got a lot out of the presser. Some curious slips of the tongue. Some specific times. A lot of what was said and not said in response to pointed questions, like whether they are looking into calls to the home for domestic issues: “That’s part of our investigation.” What was not shown (photo of the missing). All the agencies involved and the things they’re receiving like surveillance video, timelines, electronics, etc.
Sure, I understand your point. I would have expected at the very least some updated photos, updated timeline, an appeal from loved ones. The detective seemed quite put out at having to be there. That is probably just his way, but it's a curious public face to put on this IMO, and there was little display of compassion for the family of the missing. I've seen a lot of press conferences, but not many like this. IMO, LE knows what happened, they know who did it, but they don't have the details nailed down just yet. They just did the presser to appease.

In the Fox 7 news video, what is in his left pocket? Looks like a needle with blood on it!

I found it odd that both times his phone rang, the dad went to try to grab it from his pocket (and it wasn't even in that pocket). Who does that?

That has been confirmed by a Fox 7 reporter to be an antenna to a microphone

NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt‏Verified account @NBCNightlyNews
NEW: Shane Carey, whose girlfriend and daughter have been missing since Thursday, spoke to @SamBrockNBC today outside his home in Texas. More tonight on @NBCNightlyNews at 6:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. CT (or check your NBC station).
Thanks for posting this !
A new interview. Hmmm....

Hopefully more information will be divulged as to the missing elements in the timeline for that day.
And the reporter SB will have asked SC different questions ; and not simply repeated what's been discussed.

20 minutes is about right for his work to their apartment, so it sounds like he called when he was heading home.
Thanks. I definitely feel it's odd that he wouldn't immediately panic when he got home and she wasn't there, especially after the call going straight to voicemail twenty minutes earlier. I would assume that if he thought she was at a friend's in the same complex, he would go over to check, but AFAIK he didn't. I just find it odd that he took so long to start feeling alarmed. Especially since the school called him around the same time he arrived home to say HB hadn't picked up their son. I know everyone's different and it's been discussed that maybe men are less quick to worry than women, but if it was me (or even if it was my husband)- unanswered phonecall/straight to voicemail would probably seem strange, then to get home and he's not there with the baby, then to be called by the school soon after to say he's not picked our other child up... THAT is when I'd start to really panic, not hours later. o_O

1. “Electronic devices are being continually evaluated..." Police say electronic devices are being continually monitored for activity or tips.
  2. Police say they've been continually searching since Thursday night.
  3. They are looking for them in a SAR capacity
  4. Police say, since Thursday night, there have been officers on-scene. Officers on scene at areas knocking on doors, current state location
  5. The FBI’s Child Abduction Deployment Response team is assisting with the investigation
  6. It's an ongoing investigation - speaking to co-workers, neighbors, investigating their digital footprint, etc. Neighbors, coworkers friends, forensic, digital footprint being investigated
  7. Partners with the DPS are helping by reaching out to other states.
  8. Investigating with a number of agencies: Austin, missing person, TX dept of safety, rangers, Travis county, etc.
Thanks to @PommyMommy and @Knox

Also, earlier statement that they did not have time until now to make an on-camera statement. Five days of working solid.

Finally, he had that look of grim determination I’ve come to know so well in cases like this that get solved.

BBM- yes, and a look of sheer exhaustion. Maybe now that the other multiple agencies are on the case, they can grab some sleep!

There would be a lot of people who knew she was pregnant with the line of work she does. Other staff and or the people who she serves every day while working. Someone who wanted a baby could have easily befriended her and be the culprit here. I just don’t think it’s the fiancé/bf in this case. I realize his discrepancies in his interviews but I think stress and worry was a lot of it. Moo. I pray for a good outcome but unless there’s a big break soon, I don’t see that happening. So sad for the family. My prayers will continue. Bless them all!

It’s possible. Phone or social media records could show if someone was planning to meet up with her. Otherwise it appears they do have surveillance at the apartments of some sort.

But discrepancies in the interviews are only part of the problem. Not doing anything for 6 hours is also a big red flag.

He also said he calls her before he gets in his truck (not called, but calls like it’s a daily thing) So it sounds like he drives to his work truck, calls her. Then calls her when he’s headed home. She tells him she spent some money and couldn’t wait to read to their son.

Seems like they keep in touch which makes it more unlikely to me that she wouldn’t contact him if she was leaving the apartment to visit a friend. Which means he should have been at least mildly concerned at her items being at the house, phone shut off as soon as he got home. 730 911 call makes zero sense to me.

moo

So now let’s discuss why they even hold a press conference when there are no new updates.
1. To see who shows up
2. To see reactions of certain people
3. To watch what certain people are doing (location, mobile devices, etc) at the time of press conferences
4. To ask for more tips
5. To clear up rumors
what else. Keep adding.

Sometimes, it's also to clear up misinformation.

He stated that 7:30 is the time a missing persons report was filed. Not the 911 call itself unless it means the same thing. It generally takes at least a few minutes after initial contact with LE to determine whether a report should be filed for a competent adult who is unaccounted for only several hours. There was obviously, but no time of initial call. Sounds right to me that he called around 7 pm and the report filed at 7:30. You make the call, LE doesn't file it at that moment because they can't take the info at face value. They also would need to see the house, car, etc before making the determination.

No one asked questions about similar cases or if the public should be worried for themselves, if there'd been other attempted kidnappings... so many questions could or should have been asked and while he probably wouldn't answer directly, we'll never know because they weren't asked. Any answer would give a direction.

I thought it was a fine public statement. He gave descriptions and asked for the public's help. He stated what was being done and which entities were involved. He didn't give away anything overtly that might put someone on alert (she may have left voluntarily).

As for DV calls, if there were, it could have been for either one and stating a simple "yes" without elaborating, would only add to public speculation and accusations and it wouldn't help find her.

Like the phrase "I can neither confirm nor deny XYZ", it leaves a lot to our imaginations. And frustrations, but that's not his job to fulfill our curiosity. Argh. No bones thrown.

I didn't say they were going to the border. Someone else stated an FBI expert on HLN was concerned about the border. I stated they didn't need to go to the border. Plz read my statement. I thought we were trying to brainstorm not call ppl out.
Oops
Across the border? Possibly on this side of the border, sure, it could be. I think if that were the case Mom would have been found by now, though. :( I'm not suggesting the baby was not stolen for an adoption, only that it's unlikely that would involve crossing the border. My person opinion, which does not matter, is that the baby was not ' stolen' for adoption.
Or could it be looked at as

Here's a healthy baby up for "adoption"

I've typed and deleted for the last half hour.
Accidentally posted trying to get around the ad. Wasn't done babbling but thought the backspace key saved me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper