TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest inconsistency that grabbed my attention in the unedited version of his interview is that he says that Thursday was the first day she was going to take the baby with her to drop of the son. But throughout the interview he mentions is was "a normal day". With a newborn..2 or 3 weeks old....there is no such thing as a normal day yet.

I, too, do not want to do or say the wrong thing, so I am also going to join the club of sitting on my hands until they turn blue.

I genuinely hope I am wrong.
To be exact, beginning at 1:14 in the video;
"It was kind of a later morning, it was around 6:40 whenever I got them up, and uh, cuz it was Heidi's first day to actually take Margot herself with S**as. So pretty much gave Heidi a kiss, the baby a kiss, S**as a kiss and said have a wonderful day. He also says he works for Unicorn Moving, fwiw.

Maybe Heidi had a c-section? She may not have drove until now, or maybe hadn't carried Margot up all those stairs in her carrier? There was a friend in the complex, maybe she came and stayed with Margot or someone else dropped S**as at school? I know that Shane took a drink of water at 6:00 Thursday morning, but not whether Heidi had a c-section or who helped her when she came home from the hospital and he went back to work ...

Last edited:
When you watch, let me know what you think is sticking out of his right pocket (our right, as you watching the video). At the beginning his Dad, reaches into that pocket to silence his phone, the object is sticking out of the pocket after that. Is it an ink pen?
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
I think it’s a wireless microphone transmitter thing. The part sticking out is antenna. MOO

Last edited:
3. He uses the word left many times...instead of saying "he went to work"...
4. And why is he telling us he got a drink of water?? When water is mentioned in a statement it is never good, I mean never good.

How so? Why would mentioning water be a bad thing? Just wondering because it does not seem odd to me, neither does saying "left for work" which may be colloquial, instead of "went to work".

That is the first thing that jumped out to me! The only people who have to call their spouse to announce $25 spent on books for their children are victims of financial abuse IMO. I'd tell DH when he got home, I would not call to "get the ok" for having spent $25.

Well either he’s carefully recounting every single detail he can recall because the cops asked him and asked him again and said every detail is key, or he’s recalling things that were important to him about the day.

No amount of money would be important to me if my spouse andnewborn were missing but if she worked at Cracker Barrel and he works for a moving company, and three kids in the mix, money has to be super tight.

None of the reports seem to be accurate. You'd think they'd be able to get some facts right. To the best of my knowledge and belief, he has a daughter by a previous marriage (he's divorced from the mother of that daughter).

The 6 year old is his and Heidi's son. The infant daughter is their child as well.
bbm
Ita.

Msm getting their facts right ? *snickers*
The most egregious example was one on Fox news a year or so ago.
Not going to go off on that rabbit trail. But it was like -- "Why don't we just make it up as we go along ?"

Ok........
After watching and listening to this my guts are telling me it was him.

Others may not be into statement analysis, but, I am.

Right off the bat:
1. It was a normal day: red flag
2. Before he starts talking about what happened that day he's talking in present tense.
3. He uses the word left many times...instead of saying "he went to work"...
4. And why is he telling us he got a drink of water?? When water is mentioned in a statement it is never good, I mean never good.

This is MOO...
SA would say "Deception Indicated" and I totally agree.
I need to go back and see if he left off the pronouns at the beginning of his sentences.

Not sure of the wages, but my son had an internship in Austin a few years ago. He sublet on the 1000 block of E 49th ( he shared a tiny house with a roommate ) and that was like $575 a month . That neighborhood was on the fringe of the renovated area, and was pretty working class. MIT info about wages in Austin:

Living Wage Calculator - Living Wage Calculation for Travis County, Texas

Last edited:
Yes, thanks.
Human Remains Dog.
That's the correct term.
Yes, I think you discussed this in another case/thread.

While looking up information about TES (who use horses to cover terrain) I think I read a different article ... something about babies "scenting" differently to dogs ?
Human Remains Detection dogs. And yes I've posted about them in other threads.

Very remarkable in their ability to alert on decomposing human remains which includes blood.

I haven't read about babies scenting differently in my research of working dogs but I may have missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay