Identified! TX - Houston, 'Beloved Doe', 4-5, in apt dumpster, Mar'03 - Jose Martinez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I honestly didn't think this case would ever be solved. Thanks to some relatives watching TV it did.

RIP Baby Jose.

How could a mother have done this, and to try to rationalize her actions? Jose was one of six children, I can only imagine them wondering what happened to and missing their brother.

Does anyone know anything about the program he was featured on which led to the tip? I wonder if that program should be passed along to DuPage County to try to id this little guy. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30531

RIP Sweet Jose

How could a mother have done this, and to try to rationalize her actions? Jose was one of six children, I can only imagine them wondering what happened to and missing their brother.

Does anyone know anything about the program he was featured on which led to the tip? I wonder if that program should be passed along to DuPage County to try to id this little guy. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30531

RIP Sweet Jose

I often think about the little boy in DuPage County.

Here's the website for the show:

http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=3&schid=160&secid=1372

If someone on that thread is in contact w/ the DuPage LE, have them contact the Houston detectives or Houston FBI about contact info for the show, if they are interested.

I'm glad his sketch was finally recognized and an arrest made. I feel for the grandparents and the father.

My prayers go out for them too. And the 5 siblings of Jose's, that will now be without their mother.

The father recognized little Jose from the morgue photo which was shown on the Univision show. Can you imagine the pain and heartache he must be feeling? Unfortunately, noone had recognized him from the sketches and the morgue photo was finally released about 6 months ago.

My prayers go out for them too. And the 5 siblings of Jose's, that will now be without their mother.

The father recognized little Jose from the morgue photo which was shown on the Univision show. Can you imagine the pain and heartache he must be feeling? Unfortunately, noone had recognized him from the sketches and the morgue photo was finally released about 6 months ago.

I can't imagine the heartache his father must have felt. Especially with the mother lying and telling everyone in the family he was in the hospital and not allowed visitors aside from herself. Prayers for him, the grandparents and Jose's siblings.

Poor little baby boy. May the mother rot in hell. Shame on her.

FBI release on discovering Jose's identity. Not sure if it really gives anymore detail, but figured it was another link to put in here?

http://houston.fbi.gov/pressrel/2008/ho04242008.htm

snip -

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Special Agent in Charge (SAC) Andrew R. Bland, III and Houston Police Department Chief Harold Hurtt announce the arrest of Maria Dana Martinez, 30, charged in the death of "Beloved Doe."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Martinez was taken into custody last evening by officers of the Houston Police Department and agents of the FBI assigned to the Violent Crimes/Gang Task Force.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]This morning, the Harris County District Attorney's Office, Special Crimes Bureau, filed charges of Felony Murder-Injury to a Child by Omission against Martinez. Tips from the public led to the arrest and the discovery of the identity of "Beloved Doe" as Jose Bernardo Martinez. Jose Bernardo Martinez was born on October 14, 1997. He was 5 years old at the time of his death.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]A couple other paragraphs at link. Nothing major for those that don't want to click. Sites the name of the television show, talks about the public and media involvement in giving Jose back his identity, and lists contact info if anyone has further information. (still investigating his life/death.) (Paraphrasing is mine)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Poor little thing. I haven't posted here, only lurked, but I'm glad that he has been identified and his mother charged. Well, I shouldn't say "mother" really..... What a b**ch!

I went ahead and sent an Email to DuPage.

I'm glad you did this Cubby ! Let's pray they do it, and that another dear child is identified ! Wouldn't that be wonderful news?

I was just watching Univision and their going to be interviewing the father tmorrow night on Aqui y Ahora at 9 central.

i didn't realize the case was solved, I was just coming to report about this. I hope tht mother burns in hell.

I'm glad you did this Cubby ! Let's pray they do it, and that another dear child is identified ! Wouldn't that be wonderful news?

I hope so, and it would be sooo wonderful! The only reason I would guess they might not is because they have said in addition to hispanic, he may be of asian or native race.

I was just watching Univision and their going to be interviewing the father tmorrow night on Aqui y Ahora at 9 central.

i didn't realize the case was solved, I was just coming to report about this. I hope tht mother burns in hell.

I'm going to watch it, and record it. Can't speak a lick of Spanish, so I need someone to come over and interpret it for me.

Can you and your translator take notes? Just wondering how dad didn't know his son was missing for that long...I believe the father, its just a sad case in every way possible.

I'm glad he finally got his name back - Jose Bernardo Martinez RIP

I'm just wondering why the father never asked to speak to the doctors at the hospital - I mean this is a 5 year period....??!!!

I'm glad he finally got his name back - Jose Bernardo Martinez RIP

I'm just wondering why the father never asked to speak to the doctors at the hospital - I mean this is a 5 year period....??!!!

If the mother lied to dad about their sons well being, it's unlikely she would have given the father any info to check her story.
Considering she was denied bond, had to have a pretty detailed scheme planned to keep this from Jose's siblings...... all the while most likely knowing authorities were seeking info on her unidentified son.

I doubt even if dad asked, mom would have given him any real info on doctors, hospitals that were treating their son. also, with Hippa, who's to say he would have gotten far with getting any information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back