TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will definitely be at the burial, but I get the feeling Dr. D is going to keep her till her family is found.

Last time I checked she hadn't even scheduled the burial. One last push for family.

I am so anxious about Marianna.

Last time I checked she hadn't even scheduled the burial. One last push for family.

I am so anxious about Marianna.

To be honest, I am going to be pretty shocked if Marianna is not Smurfette. I really think its her.

To be honest, I am going to be pretty shocked if Marianna is not Smurfette. I really think its her.

You and me both. She fits the description pretty well, and the information we have gathered seems to make her an even stronger PM. It's very odd to me that this 14 year old girl had almost no social media life, why? Most kids her age are glued to those sites. I am with you. I will be shocked if smurfette is not marianna.

I talked to Dr. D this morning, she says they are keeping smurfette in their thoughts and waiting on a call from namus.

It's almost been a year since she was found so I'm hoping there will be news coverage and maybe someone will call in a tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Now for the shock Shadowdancer:

"Spoke with OK City. I have confirmed that Marianna is no longer missing and is still living. The NamUs entry may be an error. OK is going to follow up."

SMH...ridiculous

"Spoke with OK City. I have confirmed that Marianna is no longer missing and is still living. The NamUs entry may be an error. OK is going to follow up."

SMH...ridiculous

Wow, I am delighted that Marianna is okay, but it is a huge shock! I was just so sure it was her.

How can they justify adding someone to NAMUS when their case is closed?! :banghead:

So anyway, back to the drawing board. Feeling a bit deflated, but no less determined to find out who our girl was.

I had found this girl recently, but she didn't seem like a particularly strong match compared to Marianna.

Her name is Mayra Cruz.

Age at time of disappearance - 14
Height - 5ft 1
Missing Since - August 17th 2012

Also has very strong chin and is missing from Texas.

However, she is Hispanic and is subject to a family abduction along with her siblings. They might have gone to Mexico, but I suppose they might have stayed in Texas. Possibly a little bit too heavy?

Here she is anyway - http://www.nampn.org/cases/cruz_mayra_elizabeth.html

SMH...ridiculous

I had a feeling she was no longer missing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, lack of info and few websites posting usually indicates they've been found. Crazy she made it to NamUs though!

Back to square 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WHAT!!!! I hope they do a "well-being check" on her. Still strange she isn't mentioned by family on FB. Live Proud, Live Strong, Marianna!

I decided to look through NamUs again with fewer restrictions.

Tammy Ellis popped up in the search results. Has anyone looked at her before? Her height and weight fit. Her age is off by 10 years, but it wouldn't be the first time the age predicted was not correct.

The interesting thing to me is that her hair was last dyed red, could she have dyed over it with brown and kept some of the red?

It says her DNA is available but not yet submitted? Strange.

What do you ladies think? Way off?

Tammy has a thread here on WS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195970, one the comments refers to comments on this page. Interesting story!

I believe Tammy is on the "ruled out" list.
Just an FYI there are two choices when dying your hair dark brown and that is cooler which would be more golden-brown and warmer would be reddish/coppery brown depending on what shade the hair is before coloring it could come out a variety of ways. She describes them as reddish-purple tones, which leads me to believe its not highlights of red or purple but likely a single dark brown(warmer)color that has built-in highlights. When you see a girl that has bright red or purple hair that has naturally dark hair to begin with she would have to bleach the hair before applying the red or purple, which fades rather quickly, and must be reapplied probably around every two weeks(depending on how often the hair is washed) if you do not reapply you would end up with bleach blonde hair, not subtle hues.

Source: I am a brunette who loves to play with hair dye.

I believe Tammy is on the "ruled out" list.
Just an FYI there are two choices when dying your hair dark brown and that is cooler which would be more golden-brown and warmer would be reddish/coppery brown depending on what shade the hair is before coloring it could come out a variety of ways. She describes them as reddish-purple tones, which leads me to believe its not highlights of red or purple but likely a single dark brown(warmer)color that has built-in highlights. When you see a girl that has bright red or purple hair that has naturally dark hair to begin with she would have to bleach the hair before applying the red or purple, which fades rather quickly, and must be reapplied probably around every two weeks(depending on how often the hair is washed) if you do not reapply you would end up with bleach blonde hair, not subtle hues.

Source: I am a brunette who loves to play with hair dye.

Same here :) Brunette and was forever changing my color. My color for the last several years is dark brown, almost black but even though I have my hair girl use the neutral color it always looks super red. The natural tones of my hair don't color as well I supposed.

I imagined highlights, so your response helps a lot. Now I know we can look for girls with reddish undertones.

Hey, do any of you know if Smurfette's been buried yet? I recall Dr. Derrick said they were going to keep her for a little while after the facial approximation was drawn up, in case she is identified.

I think it'd be a great idea if the people in charge of the case organized a public funeral/vigil and had it televised. Everyone could wear blue, since she was found in a Smurf shirt. I think it'd be even more effective since she was basically still a kid and possibly disabled - both things that would generate more sympathy and make people more likely to help. A public event can get you a lot of leads, like it did in the Castro Valley Jane Doe and Baby Grace investigations.

I asked if the news would run a story for the one year anniversary and asked about attending the burial:

"We will probably put the story out for the ML12-3150 anniversary. I have not yet received approval for that but I think it will happen. After that we will likely release her for burial. Permission for attendance would have to be requested from the Harris County Bereavement Department. They have some pretty strict regulations so I don’t know whether that is an option. Once we release her I can give you contact information to request that permission"

http://www.blackandmissinginc.com/wordpress/2012/05/we-need-your-help-finding-chaudiah-brickers/

CHAUDIAH BRICKERS

Last seen April 6th 2012
Would have been 14 at time of Smurfette's death.
5 foot 4
May be in the company of an adult female, they may travel to Texas.

Her listed weight would be too high, but they may have over-estimated a bit and she also could have lost some weight.

I have tried to research her. Her Facebook profile is private so I can't see anything. Her twitter comes up with an error message and I couldn't see her Myspace (probably because I am not registered with Myspace.

Hmmm. Looks like she is still missing.

Some better photos here - http://www.missingchildren-tv.org/i...ask=sobi2Details&catid=2&sobi2Id=222&Itemid=8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne