TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing Dr. Derrick said was the bridge of the nose is very narrow and the width of the nostrils on the sketch is pretty accurate. I think that would rule out Ms.Brickers, also she looks to be missing a tooth as where smurfette definitely has one there.

Bumping for Smurfette.

I have found a close-up of Emely's face. http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1185522&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

She doesn't have the similarity to the overall 'look' that Dr Derrick thinks Smurfette had, but I think her features are consistent with Smurfette's so I feel that she is still a possible.

The Houston connection is very interesting indeed, and her age/height are both good.

John Walsh(AMW) interview:

"If we don't increase awareness about these disappearances, they will remain, forever, local stories. From one community to the next we'll remain in the dark while somebody's loved one disappears."

Well said.
We need our girls story to get picked up by national news!

That's good. :)

Did you think that Emely was worth submitting, Lyssav?

She does have a strong chin and narrow nose. But I think her race is what makes me think she isn't a strong PM. Dr. D is very confident that smurfette is biracial. The only thing is biracial isn't an option on some MP sites, so you could have a flyer of a biracial child that says race: white or race: black and the description may not include the information that the child is actually biracial. I was googling for smurfette and came across "50 hottest biracial females(celebrity)" I would have never known Rashida Jones was biracial if I hadn't seen this, it's amazing how one can be of mixed race and not look it.

With that said Shadowdancer, I submitted your PM :)

I know! She's Quincy's daughter! Had no idea for the longest time...

So today's the one-year anniversary of the discovery of Smurfette's body. It's so sad that one year has passed and we still don't know her name and that nobody seems to have reported her missing yet. I've been checking this thread every day for five months now ... I really hope the investigators know a lot more than they're telling the public.

Smurfette, I know you can't read this but I want you to know that we (Dr. Derrick, the investigators and the people in this thread) are not going to give up. Not until we find out your name, return you to your family, and whoever hurt you and discarded your body like you were a piece of trash faces justice for what they've done. No matter how many more days, weeks, months or years that may take.

"St. Anthony, when you prayed, your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. We ask you now to please pray for all the missing children and adults of the world. Pray for their friends, family, and loved ones in the their time of suffering and sorrow. Pray that all missing people may be returned to our keeping. Or, if we must continue in our loss, pray that we may be given Christ's comfort and peace."

Smurfette, we here are your family. We will not rest until you have your name back, we will work day after day with you in our hearts. Our dear sweet child, on this day we take the time to mourn you, to love you, to cherish you. You will have your name back one day, and we will all be right there with you.

Until then, rest our sweet angel.

SHADOWDANCER!!!! Check out this email I just got

"So I am waiting to hear from NCMEC and from the law enforcement agency on Emely. The missing girl is originally from Honduras and many Hondurans are of African descent from the early slave trading in that area. Emely looks the most like our girl of all the possibles that I have seen. The shape of the face, the V-shaped dental arcade with an appearance of an overbite, the strong jaw, the hair, the close-set eyes, the thin nasal bridge with flaring of the nasal aperture. And NamUs noted that she may be living in Houston. It may not be her for a number of reasons. And you know how these cases often stay on NamUs for a while after the MP is found. I will let you know if it is a good lead. Thanks for sending it along.
Sharon"

Holy crap. I'd seen Emely on NamUs before but figured that there were too many differences (the height, ethnicity, timing, and hair color).

The facial resemblance between her and Smurfette is almost uncanny. It's like whoever did the reconstruction was using Emely's picture as a reference.

SHADOWDANCER!!!! Check out this email I just got

"So I am waiting to hear from NCMEC and from the law enforcement agency on Emely. The missing girl is originally from Honduras and many Hondurans are of African descent from the early slave trading in that area. Emely looks the most like our girl of all the possibles that I have seen. The shape of the face, the V-shaped dental arcade with an appearance of an overbite, the strong jaw, the hair, the close-set eyes, the thin nasal bridge with flaring of the nasal aperture. And NamUs noted that she may be living in Houston. It may not be her for a number of reasons. And you know how these cases often stay on NamUs for a while after the MP is found. I will let you know if it is a good lead. Thanks for sending it along.
Sharon"

Wow!! Maybe, just maybe......

Thanks so much for submitting her, Lyssav. In fact, I want to say thank you for all of the work you have done communicating with Dr Derrick over the past year. :)

This is one of the saddest 'anniversaries' that I have ever known about. A whole year since a young girl was found dumped by a roadside like she meant nothing.

You mean something to us, darling girl. Maybe you are Emely, but if you are not then we will keep going until we get it right. Sleep tight. x

Holy crap. I'd seen Emely on NamUs before but figured that there were too many differences (the height, ethnicity, timing, and hair color).

The facial resemblance between her and Smurfette is almost uncanny. It's like whoever did the reconstruction was using Emely's picture as a reference.

Funnily enough, I think I had seen Emely before too! Its entirely possible, since I have spent many hours doing searches with various search terms!

I didn't remember her name, but her photo was instantly familiar. Or perhaps she simply reminded me of Smurfette...? I definitely felt a sense of deja vu when I saw her photo though!

I'm just glad it's not the weekend, because then we would have to wait even longer to get some news about Emely. Hopefully we will hear from Dr. D tomorrow

Wow! Great work ladies, I would've never thought to include Emely.

I wasn't aware that many from Honduras are Honduras of African descent. We learn something new everyday.

I'm very curious to hear what news Dr. D has. It's been a year since Smurfette was found, it would be great to give her a name and allow her family to give her a proper burial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne