TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That same picture appears on a Facebook page about Swimsuit Boy and other victims. It's a public page, not a personal account, so I hope it's OK to link here?

I actually submitted those pictures and information to the admin of the LOST BOYS Facebook page about a year ago. I had tried to post the pics and info on every post I could find about Swimsuit Boy so to clear up any misconceptions about the letters.

I originally found the picture of the patch on Google after hours of searching for peace sign shirts and later patches. It took quite a while but I finally found the exact one and began posting the pic and info where ever the unidentified boy was mentioned. Including here right after I had found the pic. It was in August 2019. On of 9 of this thread. I really wish it would have helped. :(

I used to believe this until the patch was found in it's original packaging, pictured above in this comment thread...

Hi there! I'm the one you contacted on fb about the pic of the patch I had found. I was wondering if you ever contacted the investigators working the case tho update them so to clear up any misconceptions about the letters. It might help, considering how many ppl took a route of the letters having something to do with military which is just not the case. If you haven't contacted them, maybe you can direct me to who I should inform? Thank you for all you do for the lost boys btw.

Hi, I remember you sending them and have tried to clear up the confusion with the lettering every time I see a post about him. I do believe it helps to clear it up so we can focus on other defining aspects of him. Sadly I'm still quite new to this research and not sure who to inform officially. Possibly one of the moderators of this page, or NameUs, etc? It would be nice to have it officially noted to help clear up confusion and steer the search criteria. Thank you about the Lost Boys page, hoping it's helping to find them. ❤️

Back in 1973 investigators had a collection of 42 missing person reports that they felt most likely could be victims of Dean Corll. I don't know what names were on it and if any of them turned out to be Corll victims. Years ago I contacted the HPD to see what names were listed as missing from the Heights from 1970 - 1973. I was told that I would have to know the names first because that is how they are filed.

For those who haven't seen this, here is the Houston PD Homicide Division Missing Person's List 1973.
We know that Swimsuit boy is not Roy Ames, Glenn Stuart Boggs, Randall Lee Harvey or Gary Allen Wilkenson.

Attachments

• D-68904 - List of Missing Persons.pdf
    81.8 KB · Views: 21
The name Bobby French does not appear in the missing person's list and most likely a hoax. The pictures of "Bobby" were posted in an envelope and sent in the mail. A "French Letter" is slang for a condom which is used when someone is getting *advertiser censored***ed. The real mystery man is John Harmon, who appears in the HPD missing person's list and whom no one can find. According to the HPD missing person's list, John Harmon's last known address was the Westcott apartments where Corll moved to in June 1972. Now let's look at the facts:

1. Ruben Watson Haney was killed on 17 August 1971 and buried in the boat shed.
2. Steven Sickman was killed on July 19 1972 and buried in the boat shed.
3. Swimsuit Boy is buried between Ruben Watson and Steven Sickman.

All victims between Haney and Sickman were buried at High Island Beach. Corll did not resume burying bodies in the boat shed until he moved to the Westcott Apartments in June 1972. Swimsuit Boy was not killed in the Summer of 1971. He was killed in the Summer of 1972 and like Steven Sickman and Roy Bunton was not identified by Henley or Brooks. Why?

Is it possible that the identity of Swimsuit Boy has been under our noses the whole time?

The name Bobby French does not appear in the missing person's list and most likely a hoax. The pictures of "Bobby" were posted in an envelope and sent in the mail. A "French Letter" is slang for a condom which is used when someone is getting *advertiser censored***ed. The real mystery man is John Harmon, who appears in the HPD missing person's list and whom no one can find. According to the HPD missing person's list, John Harmon's last known address was the Westcott apartments where Corll moved to in June 1972. Now let's look at the facts:

1. Ruben Watson Haney was killed on 17 August 1971 and buried in the boat shed.
2. Steven Sickman was killed on July 19 1972 and buried in the boat shed.
3. Swimsuit Boy is buried between Ruben Watson and Steven Sickman.

All victims between Haney and Sickman were buried at High Island Beach. Corll did not resume burying bodies in the boat shed until he moved to the Westcott Apartments in June 1972. Swimsuit Boy was not killed in the Summer of 1971. He was killed in the Summer of 1972 and like Steven Sickman and Roy Bunton was not identified by Henley or Brooks. Why?

Is it possible that the identity of Swimsuit Boy has been under our noses the whole time?

I think this is some great thinking about John Harmon, and fits in with Dr. Derrick's findings with regards to a possible last name of Harmon, but I'm not sure about the Bobby French thing being a hoax necessarily. It seems like a stretch to me personally to create a hoax that involves a name that is very loosely connected to a slang for condom, especially when they are other names out there that are a lot more obviously "dirty" (i.e. Dick, Johnson, Woody, etc.). That said, I do think the John Harmon explanation makes more sense.

I think this is some great thinking about John Harmon, and fits in with Dr. Derrick's findings with regards to a possible last name of Harmon, but I'm not sure about the Bobby French thing being a hoax necessarily. It seems like a stretch to me personally to create a hoax that involves a name that is very loosely connected to a slang for condom, especially when they are other names out there that are a lot more obviously "dirty" (i.e. Dick, Johnson, Woody, etc.). That said, I do think the John Harmon explanation makes more sense.

My theory surrounding the name Bobby French, is either the boy used the name around those he didn't know and/or trust (where Dean and David thought it was his name) or he was a trafficked boy and they used a generic sounding name, not wanting to use his actual name... John Harmon might be him, though one of the names on that list was an older pedophile (Roy Ames) (unless also a missing boy's name)... I also have a theory I'm following regarding the possibility"Bobby" was actually a boy named David trafficked from another state.

I'm not convinced it is a hoax. I'm just saying we can't rule it out. If genuine, it's possible the boy depicted in the images was believed to be the 11th victim by the person who sent them, because Brooks didn't know about Sickman or Bunton. If genuine, it's possible the person who sent them believed the boy's name to be "Bobby French." If genuine, it's possible that the boy depicted in the photographs is actually John Harmon. Hoax or not, we need answers to the following: Why is Harmon in the police records? When was he reported missing? Who reported him missing? Who was he living with? What did he look like? Until he can be eliminated, John Harmon appears to be the most likely candidate.

There was a John Preston Harmon born on 4 October 1957 in Harris, Texas.
If he turns up in deaths or marriages he's not our guy.
He's also younger than expected and likely to be a Freshman if depicted in a High School Year book.

There was a John Preston Harmon born on 4 October 1957 in Harris, Texas.
If he turns up in deaths or marriages he's not our guy.
He's also younger than expected and likely to be a Freshman if depicted in a High School Year book.

He died in 1981 in Minnesota. Someone with the same name, exact birthdate and mother with the same maternal name died in 1981. Death index states he was not born in MN.

It's entirely possible he was the missing guy, but showed up and just wasn't checked off the list. It happens. Since he died so young, maybe he had history of misadventure....

He died in 1981 in Minnesota. Someone with the same name, exact birthdate and mother with the same maternal name died in 1981. Death index states he was not born in MN.

It's entirely possible he was the missing guy, but showed up and just wasn't checked off the list. It happens. Since he died so young, maybe he had history of misadventure....
Great job!

I just watched a show about Dean Corll. There's a series on Tubi called Crime Stories. (This series used to be on ID about 10 years ago)

Tubi is free ~ online or on streaming devices

"Mama!! Mama!! I killed Dean!!"

I still think Brooks and Henley did not deserve life sentences.

Crime Stories S04:E03 - The Homicidal Handyman

Last edited:
I'm intrigued, thought Brick was suicidal but could have ended up in Dean's hands... I'm open to theories... I have a major one with David Yeager and Swimsuit Boy, but always open to other theories and suggestions... Swimsuit Boy is my main passion project, which started my whole page...
Where is your page, if you don't mind me asking?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back