TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see her on the rule out list or anywhere else on WCJD threads, so hopefully someone more familiar with the case can tell me if she’s already been compared. I think Nathalie and WCJD look identical but I’ve also said that on a couple of Doe threads in the past few days. I may just be overdue for a break! Who knows.

Nathalie Martin-Laevens

The Doe Network: Case File 2125DFFRA
Missing since April 13, 1980 from St. Cement de Baleines, Ile de Re, France
Classification: Endangered Missing

—————Vital Statistics—————
    • Date Of Birth: May 29, 1965
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 156 cm
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green eyes; light brown hair.
    • Marks, Scars: Small scar on left side of face.
    • Clothing: Short sleeve light blue pullover and dark blue corduroy pants. Hoop earrings
——Circumstances of Disappearance——
Martin was last seen on April 13, 1980 in St. Clement des Baleines, Ile de Re, France where she was vacationing at her uncle and aunt's residence.

Martin left to go crab fishing with her uncle and aunt on that morning at the "Phare des Baleines". Her uncle went away to go fishing while she stayed with her aunt closer to the coast. They talked for a while, then parted.

In the end of the morning, her uncle and aunt looked for her but found no trace of her.

—————Investigators—————
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Manu Association
(33) 3 22 87 37 50

Source Information:
Disparition Espoir
Manu Association

•MMcG•

Attachments

• DECEB923-6B7A-4E3C-88D3-1118D375902B.jpeg
    DECEB923-6B7A-4E3C-88D3-1118D375902B.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1AE8D458-9246-461E-B875-B1DBB3A91AB5.jpeg
    1AE8D458-9246-461E-B875-B1DBB3A91AB5.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20330F52-FE98-4B7D-B120-ABAEF46E0F0C.jpeg
    20330F52-FE98-4B7D-B120-ABAEF46E0F0C.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 28
I have been putting myself to sleep looking at pictures of missing and unidentified people. Something that came to my mind last night is the bite mark. How bad was it? An impression of teeth or was flesh missing? Given the brutality of her assault and murder I wonder how hard she was bitten.

I have been putting myself to sleep looking at pictures of missing and unidentified people. Something that came to my mind last night is the bite mark. How bad was it? An impression of teeth or was flesh missing? Given the brutality of her assault and murder I wonder how hard she was bitten.

I haven't seen anything with more detail on the bite other than they were able to get an imprint. so my guess is it was a mark rather than an actual bite out of the flesh. I could be wrong though.

I haven't seen anything with more detail on the bite other than they were able to get an imprint. so my guess is it was a mark rather than an actual bite out of the flesh. I could be wrong though.
I saw the missing persons flyer for Theresa Jones and found that @CarlK90245 had suggested her as a possible match a few years ago in the other thread. The only problem was Theresa had a small tattoo on the back of her shoulder. I was wondering if it was possible the tattoo had been destroyed by the bite mark. But if it was just a superficial mark then the tattoo would have still been there. The other thing was the description of her car. It sounded similar to the car WCJD was seen getting out of and a car that was seen in Sam Houston park at the site where a body was burned. I saw that there has been discussion of the other unsolved murders around that area. There are more than a handful of girls who were left dead without their clothing but with jewelry just like WCJD. I will have to get my notes but there was one that was only about 12 and she was killed in a neighborhood and left along the path the kids took from home to where they went swimming. These cases make me wonder. I know one of the murders where the victim was burned that two men were seen by a witness. Where did the clothes go? Someone might have an attic full of women's clothing.

I saw the missing persons flyer for Theresa Jones and found that @CarlK90245 had suggested her as a possible match a few years ago in the other thread. The only problem was Theresa had a small tattoo on the back of her shoulder. I was wondering if it was possible the tattoo had been destroyed by the bite mark. But if it was just a superficial mark then the tattoo would have still been there. The other thing was the description of her car. It sounded similar to the car WCJD was seen getting out of and a car that was seen in Sam Houston park at the site where a body was burned. I saw that there has been discussion of the other unsolved murders around that area. There are more than a handful of girls who were left dead without their clothing but with jewelry just like WCJD. I will have to get my notes but there was one that was only about 12 and she was killed in a neighborhood and left along the path the kids took from home to where they went swimming. These cases make me wonder. I know one of the murders where the victim was burned that two men were seen by a witness. Where did the clothes go? Someone might have an attic full of women's clothing.

There are several unsolved here in Montgomery Co. The one you are thinking of is lesia Jackson. She was grabbed in a neighborhood. And its not a high traffic area so, it almost seem that her case could be unrelated to the others under the circumstances. But the others very much could be related. Laura Purchase was strangled and burned in Conroe which would have been the closer one to where WCJD was found. New Caney Jane Doe was found behind a 76 Truck Stop on Hwy 59. Which is south and east of Conroe. Brenda Hackett was found in the Conroe area along a railroad 3 miles east of I-45 (it was determined that she was killed by Jerry Michael Ward who also linked to another murder..he commited suicide in 1985. Kristie Budde who was found by the road at 1488/I-45 just south of Conroe (I believe they determined she had been struck by a vehicle though), Barbara Whitten was burned as well, and it was reported that a 1976 or 77 blue chevy nova was observed leaving the scene. I believe there are a few others that I am missing here.

http://www.mctxsheriff.org/Divisions/Criminal Investigative Division/coldcase07292019.pdf

Here is the link to Montgomery County's Cold Case page. you may already have this.

Interesting thought on the bite...I guess it never crossed my mind that the bite itself could have been an attempt to hide the ID of the victim. hmmm...

@Jdart14 I had wondered about the two men seen burning the body. It makes me think of Lucas and Toole working together on some murders. It is also possible that it was the murderer and someone he got to help him dispose of the body. Also the teenager who was raped and murdered at the school I think I read somewhere they suspected more than one person was involved. Her clothes were also taken but I think found in a dumpster later. I'm just going by memory so I might not have that right. Anyway, I wondered if some of these murders might be connected by the fact that the killers were friends who killed together but also separately. The younger girl being killed in the neighborhood I had wondered if her killer lived there too. Her brother(s) had left her to walk alone and the killer could have happened to see an opportunity.

I saw the missing persons flyer for Theresa Jones and found that @CarlK90245 had suggested her as a possible match a few years ago in the other thread.

I never suggested Theresa as a possible match to WCJD. Her sisters came on the WWWCJD FB page and mentioned her. Before then, she was never on a public listing, and I discovered that her original missing person report was no longer on file. So I helped them file a missing person report with the Brazoria County Sheriff, and I created her NamUs page.

I knew pretty quickly she wasn't WCJD, because of the tattoo and the gap in her teeth, and that she really didn't look that much like WCJD. I was more interested in Theresa as a possible match to one of the two League City "killing fields" Jane Does. (Both have since been identified).

How much publicity did this case get at the time? Would love to know who the driver was that dropped her off....and what info he would have been able to provide.
Do we know how long she stayed at the diner and what she actually did while there? Stop to rest, bathroom, eat??

How much publicity did this case get at the time? Would love to know who the driver was that dropped her off....and what info he would have been able to provide.
Do we know how long she stayed at the diner and what she actually did while there? Stop to rest, bathroom, eat??
I have tried to find news articles online but haven't been able to find anything. I did find an obituary for a man who could have been the driver who found her (same name, city of residence, and occupation). If I am correct about that being the man he had a daughter about the same age as WCJD. Apparently the police were never able to get anyone to come forward as being the person who dropped her off at the gas station. Being that it was on 45 it could have been anyone. Its possible the driver was headed out of state and never even heard about the murder. The account made by the waitress makes it sound as if she was in and out. Probably uncomfortable about the questions being asked. Maybe she thought someone was looking for her or had reported her missing. The thing that is making me wonder is that in one of the official accounts I was reading it says that the police never determined for sure that the girl in the truck stop was the girl that was found dead. If I recall correctly it was stated here that the waitress was shown the body? But due to the beating the girl endured maybe she wasn't able to be completely positive? If we learned anything from trying to identify this girl its that you can find 100 girls that look similar. All efforts to locate her identity in Rockport or Aransas Pass turned up nothing. Its possible she wasn't a local and had spent the summer there with a friend or relative. Or maybe she knew someone who lived there and was hoping to throw possible pursuers off her trail. If she was worried about someone coming after her then maybe she had run away before and was found.

IIRC, somewhere I read (possibly on here) that she did sit down and have a milkshake? I believe is what it was...I can’t find where I saw it, but I know I have it saved somewhere. I’ll post if I come across it!

•MMcG•

“Supposedly, (the girl) came into the restaurant, asking for directions to the Ellis Unit,” Burmester said, referring to the state prison near Huntsville. “She had a milkshake or something, and the waitress had a conversation with her, asked why she was going to the Ellis Unit. She was kind of young.

“She told the waitress she was going to see her boyfriend at Ellis,” Burmester said. “And, in the same conversation, it came up where she was from. She told the waitress she was from the Port Aransas area. And she told the waitress that she was 18, even though it was obvious she wasn’t.”
----
Police tried without success to figure out which inmate at the Ellis Unit could have been the girl’s boyfriend.

“There was only one that could have possibly been her boyfriend, if you considered their ages, but we checked him out, and he didn’t work out at all,” Burmester said.

Cold case | Port Aransas South Jetty
Story told by retired Houston PD Homicide Detective John Burmester.

Found it! Courtesy of Bit of Hope, up thread page 27 !

I wonder why they interviewed a Houston police officer? Did he have some involvement in the case?
Made me think there for a second ;) had to look it up! Here is an excerpt from the article:

“Despite the fact that it’s been nearly 30 years since the murder took place, John Burmester is working on the case. Burmester is a retired Houston Police Department homicide investigator. He is one of five retired detectives who, working as volunteers, are looking into cold cases for the Walker County Sheriff’s Department and the Huntsville Police Department.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove