TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just noticed how much Julie Ann Moseley looks like the motel picture of Kathy!

Julie Ann Moseley – The Charley Project

One of the girls she went missing with bears a resemblance to WCJD, Lisa Renee Wilson,although her eyes are the wrong colour. The other girl missing with them is on the ruleout list.

Last edited:
I do see a resemblance, but I think the blonde/strawberry hair and blue eyes would probably rule her out. Possibly the height too if both are reasonably accurate. According to her Charley Project profile there is a suspect in her disappearance.

I saw her Charley project profile after I posted and sadly I think she is dead but not our girl:(. There are so many missing women and girls and so far none seem a perfect match. Its so sad. Its been too long and I really want to see her get her name back:(

not sure of her toe nail color but my sister after this photo, went to there room to visit and I ask what she was doing and replied that they were painting there toenails.

Hi, thank you for being here! I have always wondered what exactly Kati’s hair color was. It is hard to be certain from the picture. I had first thought it was blondish but taking a look at these pics close up it looks it is much darker. I was wondering if you could clarify. Thank you!

I have just noticed how much Julie Ann Moseley looks like the motel picture of Kathy!

Julie Ann Moseley – The Charley Project

One of the girls she went missing with bears a resemblance to WCJD, Lisa Renee Wilson,although her eyes are the wrong colour. The other girl missing with them is on the ruleout list.

Julie does look a lot like Kathy/Kati, except Julie has blue eyes and Kathy/Kati appears to have brown or hazel eyes?

I have just had a look at the rule outs lists to check a name. Tina Kemp is on it so clearly not her but I was convincing myself it could have been, he facial features,specifically her nose, are the closest I have seen yet.
I guess its so hard to tell because of how much the face changes in death and also the angle of the autopsy photo :(

I would love to find what happened to Tina. She is one of the cases I think about often, and revisit tying to find matches for her, and think of any possible clue or thing that could have been overlooked. I'm not picking up on a resemblance here though.

I think Tina is *possibly* out there as UID that is listed as a younger child due to her petite stature. I don't think they would be that off on her height vs WCJD, and she has DNA available. I trust that rule out completely.

Julie does look a lot like Kathy/Kati, except Julie has blue eyes and Kathy/Kati appears to have brown or hazel eyes?

The closet I have seen someone come to looking like Walker is Deborah McCall. Both her and Walker look the same and are nearly the same height and same weight. The only big difference is Deborah is 2-3 years older than her.

The closet I have seen someone come to looking like Walker is Deborah McCall. Both her and Walker look the same and are nearly the same height and same weight. The only big difference is Deborah is 2-3 years older than her.

The eyes are the wrong colour too. All the possibilities I have come across so far have the wrong colour eyes too. I am starting to believe WCJD was either never reported missing or her report is lost in a local P.D bix file somewhere and we will never know:(.
I really wish we had more info on who may be working the DNA here and why the L.E on the case didn't seem keen to let Othram help.

The eyes are the wrong colour too. All the possibilities I have come across so far have the wrong colour eyes too. I am starting to believe WCJD was either never reported missing or her report is lost in a local P.D bix file somewhere and we will never know:(.
I really wish we had more info on who may be working the DNA here and why the L.E on the case didn't seem keen to let Othram help.

I think that WCJD was reported missing but maybe LE dismissed as a runaway, or it wasn't uploaded to major databases.

However, i'm certain that she will be ID via genealogy, we saw it with Carolyn Eaton's case!

Hopefully she will! I’m confident that a DNA match via genealogy will unveil her name!

I am confident of that too and I believe it will happen one day, but it won’t happen until the people actually handling the case acknowledge that they need some outside assistance :(

I am confident of that too and I believe it will happen one day, but it won’t happen until the people actually handling the case acknowledge that they need some outside assistance :(

My suspicious nature makes me wonder why they won't!. Whats not to gain by finally giving this girl back her name?. We know there are people ready and willing to try so, why not?

This is really close, about 1 hour from our forensic lab. If anyone knows who is working the case and can make an introduction, let us know. Otherwise, we will reach out via the contact info in the DOE NETWORK record. Appreciate the heads up!

We are aware of this case. I appreciate it.

I hope DNA Doe Project will take on this one.

It’s been mentioned multiple times in this thread that DDP haven’t taken it on because another organisation is working her case

Yes, but nobody knows who, which is why people question it all the time.

I just asked Carl and he said that he is unaware of any DNA organization working on her case.

Every case interests us. We will add to the list!

So if you go to: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

It says that the Case Owner is Walker County Sheriffs Department. It has no investigator entered, but I am fairly certain it used to, actually make that I am VERY certain it used to.

According to NAMUS, Case UP4360 (WCJD) was last modified 12/22/2020. Now this next bit is just my gut feeling, but I believe that is around the time the investigators name was removed, but it could have happened before that. I have only been on Websleuths for a year, and 4 days, :) , so that could have happened anytime between those two dates, but I am fairly certain I noticed that towards the end of last year / earlier this year.

What does that mean. Has the investigator moved on from WCSO? Have they actively stopped investigating the case? Who knows?

Anyway, moving on from Case Owner, the other Investigating Agency listed is Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.

There is even an actual person as a contact.

Here is some information about IFS:

Harris County Institute of Forensic Science - Wikipedia

I would have preferred to give you their web page rather than a Wikipedia Page but when I tried their web page server timed out, you may have better luck:

IFS - Institute of Forensic Sciences

So when the DNA Doe Project says someone else is working on WCJD’s case, it may be possible, this is me speculating mind you, they are referring to Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences. From the Wikipedia Article, they appear not to do DNA Research “In-house” so to speak, but again I can’t verify that because I couldn’t access their Web Site.

My suspicious nature makes me wonder why they won't!. Whats not to gain by finally giving this girl back her name?. We know there are people ready and willing to try so, why not?
Yes sometimes I get that way and think what are they hiding or who are they trying to protect then other times I think are they just so caught up in the day to day running of the Sheriffs Department that they don’t have the time/resources/budget/interest to spend time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx