TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the witnesses worked for a truck stop. In my opinion, she probably took a ride from a trucker....
Why she was beaten and murdered so savagely is beyond me. It was overkill and so filled with anger.
With all my heart, I want our girl identified!

Possibly unpopular opinion, but I've always wondered if this was truly a random crime. This murder does seem to be particularly hateful, at least in my opinion. Maybe she was hitchhiking up until a certain point, which is when she somehow managed to establish contact with a person or people that she knew (and with whom she may have some sort of negative past history), and from there, that person or people ended up turning on her. Honestly, this seems unlikely compared to the theory that she was killed by a stranger who offered her a ride / picked her up, but you honestly never know.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Carl did amazing job with his reconstructions, they are, in my opinion, perfect renderings of WCJD, but I've been thinking that maybe someone who knew our Jane Doe saw her photos but for some reason didn't recognize her. I remember that this was the case with Debra Jackson aka Orange Socks Jane Doe. I think her family said the NCMEC reconstructions looked nothing like Debra and only recognized one of the latest reconstructions on the TV, when, again it's just in my opinion, NCMEC reconstruction looked a lot like Debra. Might it be the case that people who knew WCJD remember her completly different from how we know her?
I've always said that WCJD was the doe with a dozen faces because each of her reconstructions/ sketches differ from the other. I do believe Carl's most recent is the best, though.

Possibly unpopular opinion, but I've always wondered if this was truly a random crime. This murder does seem to be particularly hateful, at least in my opinion. Maybe she was hitchhiking up until a certain point, which is when she somehow managed to establish contact with a person or people that she knew (and with whom she may have some sort of negative past history), and from there, that person or people ended up turning on her. Honestly, this seems unlikely compared to the theory that she was killed by a stranger who offered her a ride / picked her up, but you honestly never know.

Seems like hitchhiking was the thing to do for young people in the 1970s-early 1980s. many of the missing, unidentified, and victims of serial killers from that time period were hitchhikers. speaking of which this movie scene reminds me of walker. Teenager on the run, lying about her age, getting picked up by a trucker. (
)

Yes, my experience is that before the mid-80's hitching rides was routine for people of all ages and sexes who needed to get somewhere without spending a lot of money. People used to be generous about stopping and truckers were some of the best. It used to be pretty safe. Then in the 70's it started being more dangerous (and not just for girls) until by the late 8o's the danger became prohibitive.

I was born in the 80s and when I was a teen, my mom told me all the time I should never ever ever hitchhike because it is so dangerous. I found it odd, because nobody in my generation ever hitchhiked....
But in hers, when she was a teen in the 1970s, it was super common.

Yes, my experience is that before the mid-80's hitching rides was routine for people of all ages and sexes who needed to get somewhere without spending a lot of money. People used to be generous about stopping and truckers were some of the best. It used to be pretty safe. Then in the 70's it started being more dangerous (and not just for girls) until by the late 8o's the danger became prohibitive.

Yeah, I think once the movie The Hitcher came out in early 1986, that kind of put an end to it. There are still some that choose to hitchhike but no where near the amount that was doing it in the 1970s.

Seems like hitchhiking was the thing to do for young people in the 1970s-early 1980s. many of the missing, unidentified, and victims of serial killers from that time period were hitchhikers. speaking of which this movie scene reminds me of walker. Teenager on the run, lying about her age, getting picked up by a trucker. (
)

She even looks a bit like WCJD.... and her "who cares" attitude...

She even looks a bit like WCJD.... and her "who cares" attitude...

i know right? She could have been born in 1965, the same year as the actress in this movie was born. And the trucker looking to do sexual things to her. Very eerie similar.

Last edited:
There are so many possibilites with this case. A stranger or someone she knew (or thought she knew) could've killed her.

Anthony Shore or a similar serial killer admitted that after hurting their hands/fingers strangling a victim; they decided to use garrotes the next time.

IMO her case could be connected to other murders where a garrote and/or stockings where used to strangle their victims. Its been a while but I think stockings were used on WCJD.

Would a first-time killer use a garrote, or would an evolving serial killer/killer?

Could it be possible The smokey Blue stone pendant she wore could have represented a birthstone like September? I know mood rings, Birthstones, and crystals were popular during the 1970s. Maybe she was born in September 1964 or 1965

this is such an awesome app. i seen how they have been helping with the missing using this app. its so much easlier when you can see them in live motion. helps with anyone who may have once seen them
Gypsy, any luck on the dna?

On a side note, I have an extra 3 weeks of vacation to burn this year and am thinking of taking one week, possibly two and driving down to Rockport and then to Huntsville to peruse microfiche records from local newspapers and school books. Then going to the local courthouses to start digging into criminal complaints and such around this time, with any mention of a female in her age range and with similar characteristics. I'm only about 2.5 hours from Rockport and 2 hours from Huntsville.

On a side note, I have an extra 3 weeks of vacation to burn this year and am thinking of taking one week, possibly two and driving down to Rockport and then to Huntsville to peruse microfiche records from local newspapers and school books. Then going to the local courthouses to start digging into criminal complaints and such around this time, with any mention of a female in her age range and with similar characteristics. I'm only about 2.5 hours from Rockport and 2 hours from Huntsville.

Thats great I have been trying to find the original 1980 report on her but haven't had any luck. Her profile reads like it was copied from a newspaper so I know there has to be something out there.

also I found a sapphire stone necklace similar to the one depicted.
s_5f45d31d8da5c9f6d369efc0.jpg

looks pretty similar though we will probably never know what it exactly looked like.

Thats great I have been trying to find the original 1980 report on her but haven't had any luck. Her profile reads like it was copied from a newspaper so I know there has to be something out there.

also I found a sapphire stone necklace similar to the one depicted.
s_5f45d31d8da5c9f6d369efc0.jpg

looks pretty similar though we will probably never know what it exactly looked like.

I’ve wanted to do the same thing. I’m only about 45 min from Huntsville 3-3.5 from rock port though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove