Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no, but there are a few additional clues that point towards a trucker.
Yes the place and way she was found strongly point toward a trucker.

First, she was thrown out immediately after leaving Huntsville. This means that her killer wanted to get rid of her as quickly as possible and did not bother to carry her body across state lines, for example, to confuse the police. But it also means that he committed the murder near where the body was found. I think Carl Koppelman pointed out somewhere that it's hard to believe that she was killed, say, somewhere near Ellis Prison, and then having her killer driving all the way back to Hunstville, onto the interstate and then placing her body on that relatively busy road. It makes no sense.

Second, her body was placed right by the road, where it would be quickly discovered after sunrise (which it was). This means that her killer had no intention of hiding her well. This is especially important since Huntsville is surrounded by large, undeveloped areas, where it would be easy to hide her in a way that she would never be found. Someone local would have both the means and the incentive to do so. But her killer didn't care. His plan to get away with murder was to literally get away. He knew that by the time she was found, he would be far, far away.

Thus, both pieces of circumstantial evidence indicate that the murder was committed nearby (i.e., at the truck stop) and that the murderer was a transient who would most likely never return to the city.

I have a question. Sherry weighed around 110 pounds, right? And she was found about 20 feet off the road?

Could one person acting alone throw another person that distance? Would this perhaps point to multiple people?

I hope I'm not asking too graphic of a question. The ground not being disturbed was just mentioned, so I'm thinking it would also have been if her body rolled, etc. ( awful....)
Rewatching the 2019 VICE video on Carl's works, it looks like the area that's recorded where her body was [supposedly] found (I can't say for accuracy if it's 100% where she was located), there's a noticeable downhill, so I believe it's very possible her body rolled. It look steep enough

Yes the place and way she was found strongly point toward a trucker.

First, she was thrown out immediately after leaving Huntsville. This means that her killer wanted to get rid of her as quickly as possible and did not bother to carry her body across state lines, for example, to confuse the police. But it also means that he committed the murder near where the body was found. I think Carl Koppelman pointed out somewhere that it's hard to believe that she was killed, say, somewhere near Ellis Prison, and then having her killer driving all the way back to Hunstville, onto the interstate and then placing her body on that relatively busy road. It makes no sense.

Second, her body was placed right by the road, where it would be quickly discovered after sunrise (which it was). This means that her killer had no intention of hiding her well. This is especially important since Huntsville is surrounded by large, undeveloped areas, where it would be easy to hide her in a way that she would never be found. Someone local would have both the means and the incentive to do so. But her killer didn't care. His plan to get away with murder was to literally get away. He knew that by the time she was found, he would be far, far away.

Thus, both pieces of circumstantial evidence indicate that the murder was committed nearby (i.e., at the truck stop) and that the murderer was a transient who would most likely never return to the city.

Agree! 100%...

IMO, at her weight and height, I would say, yes, one person could.
I'm approximately 115lbs, 5'2" and my son is 6'2", 250lbs. He thinks it's hilarious to pick me up when I'm not paying attention and lift me above his head as if I weighed no more than a pillow. I have no doubts he could easily launch me pretty far! MOO

Not too sound too morbid, but 115 lbs of a person who is not living is much heavier.

OTOH I believe a person who is no longer living will not bruise etc, so actual trauma from a fall, throw, push etc would not be visible, so I assume it is possible that she was rolled or pushed out versus thrown out.

I think forensically, it would be hard to tell the difference between a push, roll or throw because she could not longer bruise...MOO.

I don't know if there are actual crime scene photos and markers that Carl has seen..20 feet seems kinda far for a push or roll.

I've been a bit skeptical about the quality of this investigation from the Walker County Sheriff Department...so if they said 20 ft, I really don't know how accurate it is....MOO

I don't think this was this perps first victim. A more amateur would have probably left clothing at the scene. Clothing of sorts leaves evidence (fibers etc) Wayne Williams was arrested via fiber evidence in 1981. Perp probably knew this sort of stuff.

Last edited:
I think forensically, it would be hard to tell the difference between a push, roll or throw because she could not longer bruise...MOO.

I don't know if there are actual crime scene photos and markers that Carl has seen..20 feet seems kinda far for a push or roll.

We know that she was found face down. The lividity indicating the lowest point of her position was all located on her left cheek.

We don't know the exact position that she was in, but my understanding was that she was positioned in a way that would not have resulted from a roll or a drag. As I recall, I was told it was suggestive of a tumble.

The terrain was very grassy. If she was rolled, the grass would have been on all sides of her body, and an arm would have likely been crossed under her body, and her legs would have likely been crossed.

If she was dragged by the arms or legs, her arms would probably been extended over her head, and there would have been drag marks, and probably body fluids, in the grass.

We know that she was found face down. The lividity indicating the lowest point of her position was all located on her left cheek.

We don't know the exact position that she was in, but my understanding was that she was positioned in a way that would not have resulted from a roll or a drag. As I recall, I was told it was suggestive of a tumble.

The terrain was very grassy. If she was rolled, the grass would have been on all sides of her body, and an arm would have likely been crossed under her body, and her legs would have likely been crossed.

If she was dragged by the arms or legs, her arms would probably been extended over her head, and there would have been drag marks, and probably body fluids, in the grass.
Are you implying that she was possibly tossed out of a vehicle or that she was still alive at the time of her making it to that location?

I am suggesting that her position was indicative of being thrown dead from a high point, such as the passenger seat of a big-rig truck.

Do you think she was still alive when she was dumped? Or was she definitely deceased?

Are you implying that she was possibly tossed out of a vehicle or that she was still alive at the time of her making it to that location?

I am suggesting that her position was indicative of being thrown dead from a high point, such as the passenger seat of a big-rig truck.
Do you think she was still alive when she was dumped? Or was she definitely deceased?

Definitely deceased.

"seven sacred virgins" I wonder if this implies he killed young girls Sherry's age.
I wouldn’t necessarily believe anything this miscreant says. He’s looking for attention, that could lead to time out of the hellish cell he is sitting in., and deserves to be in.

amateur opinion and speculation

I wouldn't be surprised if Sherry's murderer was a type of SK like Clark Perry Baldwin, who was recently charged with having killed Bitter Creek Betty and Sheridan Jane Doe. I'm not saying he killed her, but someone like him - a truck driver with a bunch of victims across the country, who has (up until almost 30 years later) never been identified. IMO, it is possible that, like others have discussed for years, she was killed by the same person as other Does and former Does like Debra Jackson, and it's just a matter of matching DNA/forensic evidence from her crime scene to others, like how Bitter Creek Betty and Sheridan Jane Doe's murders were linked. JMO.

Maybe some of you remember the brother and sister ( ages 10 and 12) who came forward in 2015 who believed that they may have stayed at the same motel as WCJD circa April 1980.
They said she told them she was a runaway , was 16 and she wanted to go see her friend who was in prison. She was staying in the same motel with a couple in their 30s according to the siblings.
The brother stated that when the picture was taken, they had just gotten out of the pool and normally the girl wore her hair in a Farrah Fawcett style ( feathered) .
Now that we have a picture of Sherry, does anyone think the girl in the motel looks like her ?
The link is a good read.
Missing Persons of America -FOUND Walker County Jane Doe
its not her.

Thank you for answering Carl.

What I'm picturing is two people throwing--one at her feet, the other her shoulders/ arms. I am leaning towards more than one person. This would also fit the possible sighting of her getting into a station wagon(?)

I've thrown people doing martial arts, which is why I'm a bit confused about one person throwing another person 20 feet. Maybe the height factors in too though if it was from a truck?

Thank you for answering Carl.

What I'm picturing is two people throwing--one at her feet, the other her shoulders/ arms. I am leaning towards more than one person. This would also fit the possible sighting of her getting into a station wagon(?)

I've thrown people doing martial arts, which is why I'm a bit confused about one person throwing another person 20 feet. Maybe the height factors in too though if it was from a truck?
Her injuries observed during the autopsy would have likely informed if it were a single Perp.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sorry for being skeptical, but I'm still questioning how she could be found 20 ft off the side of the road if she was thrown from a truck. Would it be possible for someone to throw that far? (it likely is possible, but I'm thinking about how many people could actually do that)
We know she wasn't dragged, and it's likely she didn't roll [significantly], but what if she was just... dumped? The killer carries her off the road, dumps her, she tumbles a bit, and lies face down. Of course that doesn't explain everything else that suggests she'd been thrown, but I can't stop thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member