Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I agree this wasn't likely a case of some locals who got a bit rowdy or even a local who had a taste for killing.

I'm not opposed to the trucker with a torture chamber theory.

I'm just exploring other possibilities. I'm very curious about how Sherry ended up in Texas. What she was doing there. How long she was there. That sort of thing.

Could she have gotten mixed up in stuff way over her head? Could she have been brutalized by someone who was furious with her? Someone who might want to make an example? This could also explain no one coming forward.

I'm not familiar with the gang theories, but have seen that mentioned. Some other type of organized crime? I don't want to seem way out there in wild theory land, but another possibility vs a serial killer could be someone who was filled with hate and rage. She was so very young, and we again, have no idea what she was doing trying to get to Ellis.

I wasn't putting forth the theory that the guys in the station wagon (if they existed) were drunken jocks.
Yes, I know you didn't specifically use that scenario. It's just that gang rapes typically involve that kind of group dynamic.

But the sheer cruelty and sadistic nature of the crime points to something else entirely. A single such exceptionally sadistic killer is rare enough. Two finding each other and committing crimes together is even much, much rarer. But three? I don't think I've ever heard of three guys going out in one night and ending up literally torturing a 14-year-old girl to death. People can be cruel, but luckily we're usually not nearly as cruel as that.

Last edited:
So since we’re thinking someone doing some planning here, a far better plan would be to dispose of her somewhere where she’ll not be found for a long time, if ever (and there were lots of options for this.)
That is exactly my thought. I looked at the Huntsville area, and there are some dirt roads that go deep into the woods. It would take very little effort to hide her body really well. It's extremely hard to imagine the killer(s) skipping this obvious option and instead driving to the busiest road in the entire county to dump her there. A trucker on the other hand would exactly do that.

Last edited:
Whether it was a trucker or a group of guys in a station wagon, who knows. The thing that keeps sticking with me is that law enforcement have so quickly landed on a poi/witness that they’re going to interview outside of Texas. Sherry’s identity has led them to this person - that doesn’t indicate random group of local jocks to me. Nor does it necessarily indicate trucker serial killer.

Whether it was a trucker or a group of guys in a station wagon, who knows. The thing that keeps sticking with me is that law enforcement have so quickly landed on a poi/witness that they’re going to interview outside of Texas. Sherry’s identity has led them to this person - that doesn’t indicate random group of local jocks to me. Nor does it necessarily indicate trucker serial killer.
You’re right that it has to be something in Sherry’s history that led to this POI, not something in the WCJD investigation.
I wonder if the PI turned up something that didn’t match up with what we now know were her final movements. Like maybe someone told him that they’d last seen her after Nov 1980, or something like that.

Last edited:
Could be someone sitting in prison....

Amateur opinion and speculation

(Like the woman who posted on Facebook saying she thinks Sherry may have stayed with a couple on her street in Port Aransas.)
Aransas Pass, not Port Aransas. Sherry herself supposedly said she was from "the Aransas Pass/Rockport area"

<modsnip: quoted post removed>
Guys, I am really needing some clarification on something.

The girl "Cathy" in the pictures can be safely ruled out as Sherry, correct?

If this is the case, did both "Cathy" and Sherry have the same story of visiting someone in the Ellis Unit? (This could potentially put two girls with similar ages and descriptions heading to the Ellis Unit at that time. I am also gathering some information about a potential third girl or and identity for "Cathy" fitting the description)

Was it just Sherry with that story? Just Cathy?

I am a little confused on this and if it came from just "Cathy" then maybe Sherry wasn't visiting the Ellis Unit at all.

If it came from both girls, it could be very interesting to learn why both of them had the same plans around that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

If this is the case, did both "Cathy" and Sherry have the same story of visiting someone in the Ellis Unit? (This could potentially put two girls with similar ages and descriptions heading to the Ellis Unit at that time. I am also gathering some information about a potential third girl or and identity for "Cathy" fitting the description)

I am a little confused on this and if it came from just "Cathy" then maybe Sherry wasn't visiting the Ellis Unit at all.

If it came from both girls, it could be very interesting to learn why both of them had the same plans around that time.

The Cathy story surfaced a few years ago. It showed up after the Kitty story went away. (Kitty was a young woman who lived in a group home. She was found safe a few years)

I don't know if there is any truth to the Cathy story. I heard she wanted to go to the Sugarland Prison. Maybe there was a relative, maybe there was an obsession with "bad boys". I think Cathy was from Texas.
Cathy is not Sherry.

Last edited:

Cathy wanted to visit the Sugar Land prison, not Ellis.

The Cathy story surfaced a few years ago. It showed up after the Kitty story went away. I don't know if there is any truth to the Cathy story. I heard she wanted to go to the Sugarland Prison. Maybe there was a relative, maybe there was an obsession with "bad boys". I think Cathy was from Texas.
Cathy is not Sherry.

So could it be possible the Sherry never actually said that to anyone, about visiting the prison? Or could both girls have said that to different people at different points? Or could it all be misconstrued and/or fabricated?

I also find it interesting that up until 1986, the annual Texas Prison Rodeo took place in Hunstville, TX every Sunday during the month of October.

I am not saying this has anything to do with the case, it is just extremely interesting this event took place closely around the time that either of these girls may have mentioned wanting to visit a prison unit in Texas. (I realize it isn't Ellis or Sugarland, but still interesting all the same)

Looking back on the Texas Prison Rodeo in Huntsville

Urban Cowboy with John Travolta also had scenes from the film shot at the Huntsville Unit, and it was released in 1980.

Once again, I am just stating interesting facts and not saying it is tied to the case at all. I just had no idea all these things happened in that area, that year. Quite fascinating to me!

Urban Cowboy with John Travolta also had scenes from the film shot at the Huntsville Unit, and it was released in 1980.

Once again, I am just stating interesting facts and not saying it is tied to the case at all. I just had no idea all these things happened in that area, that year. Quite fascinating to me!
It is fascinating, and provides context to the era and what was popular, en vogue. Some might even be relevant to this case, but at minimum, provide good context to the backdrop of the area, and era.

I find it really interesting that both girls may have been similar ages and descriptions, both wanting to visiting prison systems at the same time as each other.
Perhaps a prison pen pal connection...I would hope prisons couldn't communicate with underage minors, but who knows.

<modsnip: quoted post removed> The photo shows her nicely dressed with very dramatically blow-dried hair (think David Lee Roth circa 1978) and heavy eyeliner, like she was prepared for a night on the town.

Source: Carl K. (WWWCJD FB, new Sherry's photo post)

I think the photo description in general is suspicious

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members