Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been very busy and have not got to work on anything on the case..Daughter got hit by semi right after my last post.. when I get caught up I will start making calls etc!!

Mia, I hope your daughter is okay! Thank you for your work on this case. I'd love to see this girl identified.

Oh dear, I hope she's okay! Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

Ok at long last the pictures of the site they found her. Remember we photographed aprox a 1/2 mile area around where the Lt said her body was found.

1) The newest pic of her grave
2-4) the trees in between access road and I-45 in the area I was told she was found

Attachments

• gravestone.jpg
    gravestone.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 1452.jpg
    1452.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 139
  • 1453.jpg
    1453.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 128
  • I451.jpg
    I451.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 122
  • i454.jpg
    i454.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 118
Second set of pics.. Notice the culvert, I would imagine that was what whoever threw her meant to hit???

1. clump of trees
2. the culvert
3. an identfier
4.another of the culvert
5. another clump of trees

Attachments

• I455.jpg
    I455.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 100
  • I457.jpg
    I457.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 126
  • I459.jpg
    I459.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 116
  • I458.JPG
    I458.JPG
    460.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG00250-20100721-1604[1].jpg
    IMG00250-20100721-1604[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 96
I just posted this one on the Caledonia Jane Doe thread, but she also fits fairly closely to Walker County Jane Doe.

Deborah A. McCall

DMcCall1.jpg
DMcCall3.jpg

91UFTX.jpg
91UFTX1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html

* Height is right.
* Age is right.
* She wore a yellow-gold necklace, just like WCJD.

ETA: I called it in to the Walker County Sheriff’s Office

I'm glad you called this one in, Carl. With that small nose and delicate nostrils, and the small chin, the resemblance is strong.

I got a call back from Detective Charley Perkins. He was very friendly, and thanked me for my tip.

He looked at the photo, and said that the girl does very closely resemble WCJD, particularly her "winged-back" hairstyle. I added that her forward-view photo very closely resembles the forward-view drawing, and she has a small chin, curled lower lip and notch above the tip of the nose, very similar to the side-view photo and drawing.

I also mentioned that Her height was right, and that the description indicates that she wore a gold necklace.

I said that her age of 17 years gave me a little pause. He said that their forensic anthropologist estimated her age at 14 1/2 to 16 1/2, but 17 is not too far outside of that range.

Regarding WCJD, he said that they exhumed her remains a while back, but she still has not been put into CODIS.

He asked me if I was a DoeNetwork member. I said no, that I work informally with a bulletin board group called Websleuths, and that the other members and I have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out who she was. I mentioned to that one of our members (i.e., Mia) met with him a couple of months back, and has provided us with quite a bit of information regarding this case, including photos of the area and lists of who they have looked at. He said he recalled that meeting, saying "oh yeah, I remember she came into the station asking for me, and we went over the case."

He thanked me for my call, and said that he would get back with me to let me know what he finds out.

Even I see the resemblence and that is what makes this sleuthing hard on me..is I have trouble seeing the resemblences..lol I wonder if you also reported to the Dover are the resemblence if that would speed up the possible id?? I wish Namus had Deborah's dental info posted as they do the WCJD.. so we could see if that matched also.. It say they have her dental, but not a description of it. I can not wiat for my Ka to get home and see the pic..

Oh and yes Lt Perkins is a relaly nice guy..

Even I see the resemblence and that is what makes this sleuthing hard on me..is I have trouble seeing the resemblences..lol I wonder if you also reported to the Dover are the resemblence if that would speed up the possible id?? I wish Namus had Deborah's dental info posted as they do the WCJD.. so we could see if that matched also.. It say they have her dental, but not a description of it. I can not wiat for my Ka to get home and see the pic..

Oh and yes Lt Perkins is a relaly nice guy..

Lt. Perkins said that they have dentals, but he would rather have any dental comparisons performed by a Forensic Odontologist. DoeNet says that Deborah has dentals available, so I don't suspect that it will take very long.

She was already ruled out against Caledonia Jane Doe. I wonder if that was on dentals or DNA.

Yes I have the dental info on WCJD.. that was why I was wishing I knew if Deborah had any fillings!?!? alos wish we had a better description of necklace Deborah wore.. Oh well as they say if wishes were horses...... cant wait to hear back..cause as I said even I see the resemblence..lol

Also another similarity..WCJD is reported to have hazel eyes..Deborah grey..very often people with hazel eyes appear grey

Yes I have the dental info on WCJD.. that was why I was wishing I knew if Deborah had any fillings!?!?

According to NamUs, WCJD has three teeth with fillings. All three filled teeth are first-molars (i.e., the molars furthest to the front) -- upper right, and the lowers on both sides. All other teeth including wisdom teeth (and her upper-left first molar) are present and unaltered.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4630

If this is true that she had wisdom teeth present, it would seem to suggest that she was at the upper end of the estimated 14-16 age range, because wisdom teeth typically appear between the ages of 17 and 21.

ETA: NamUs has her age range at 14-18.

Another thing that catches my attention is that the ala of WCJD's nose (i.e., the outside of the nostril) is very long and narrow, just as Deborah's is. And, as Imentioned before, there is a very prominent notch above the tip of her nose.

Note that the side-view postmortem photo of WCJD has been poorly photo-shopped at the tip of the nose, so you can't tell the true shape of the tip of her nose from this photo.

2426990740045078242S600x600Q851_zps2a513290.jpg

Wow, this is the closest match to WKJD I've seen. I'm curious if anyone is planning on contacting the detectives handling Deborah's case to see what they have to say?

Wow, this is the closest match to WKJD I've seen. I'm curious if anyone is planning on contacting the detectives handling Deborah's case to see what they have to say?

I was thinking of doing that, but usually they keep these things close to the vest once the ball gets rolling. I suspect that all I would get is a "we've been contacted by TX authorities, and we are looking into it.

I think we'll know soon enough.

(Well, actually - not soon enough - I want to know now!!) :)

Here's another close-up comparison of their mouths. Deborah's lower lip is unusual in that it is very cylindrical. It's thickness doesn't taper evenly toward the corners of her mouth. The closest comparison I can think of (and I hope that this doesn't sound too disrespectful) is that it's like a piece of Hot Tamales candy. And the crease under the lip is very sharp and close to the lip. I described it as "curled", but I think the common descriptive term is "pouty".

WCJD has the same cylindrical shape to her lower lip and the crease underneath it is similary close and sharp.

2179865400045078242S600x600Q851_zps368e69de.jpg

You can't compare their upper lips because WCJD's upper lip is too swollen. Also, her cheeks are swollen and discolored from lividity (as well as from the physical abuse inflicted on her prior to her death). It appears based on the lividity in her left cheek, that she must have been lying face down with her head turned slightly to her right.

I was thinking of doing that, but usually they keep these things close to the vest once the ball gets rolling. I suspect that all I would get is a "we've been contacted by TX authorities, and we are looking into it.

I think we'll know soon enough.

(Well, actually - not soon enough - I want to know now!!) :)

Thanks for your reply! If someone did call, do you think there is any chance the detective working Deborah's case would share her dental info? Would that info be readily available in her case file? The reason I ask is becase her dental info isn't listed on namus but does indicate they have dentals for her. I'm just not sure how all that stuff works...

Thanks for your reply! If someone did call, do you think there is any chance the detective working Deborah's case would share her dental info? Would that info be readily available in her case file?

You could give it a shot if you want. But as I said before, I suspect that they would probably not share that info, especially while they are in the process of doing the comparison. They wouldn't want anything to leak out and reach Deborah's family before they had a chance to do a tactful notification.

The reason I ask is becase her dental info isn't listed on namus but does indicate they have dentals for her. I'm just not sure how all that stuff works...

NamUs allows public access to dental charts for UID's only, not for missing persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3