TX - IRS manager killed, 13 hurt in suicide plane crash, Austin, 18 Feb 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I think this dude has a bone to pick with the IRS. Wfgodt stated that the plane was out of Waco.

Glad your okay Dawg! Must of been a little scary.

Seriously, we were curious why IRS/Waco was being evacuated and no other fed agency - it seemed strange, especially when it was first being reported as accidental. We were wondering why was IRS evacuating? Now, it's looking more problematic.

Thanks Wfgodt for catching the part about Waco, I knew I wasn't losing my mind. My boss is frantically calling other fed agencies here, as there are reasons why we'd need to know in the Waco area.

Where is this pilot's house? Near Waco (near the airport) or near Austin? Please advise if you hear or see it reported. Thanks.

Seriously, we were curious why IRS/Waco was being evacuated and no other fed agency - it seemed strange, especially when it was first being reported as accidental. We were wondering why was IRS evacuating? Now, it's looking more problematic.

Thanks Wfgodt for catching the part about Waco, I knew I wasn't losing my mind. My boss is frantically calling other fed agencies here, as there are reasons why we'd need to know in the Waco area.

Where is this pilot's house? Near Waco (near the airport) or near Austin? Please advise if you hear or see it reported. Thanks.

according to CNN the house fire could be seen from the crash site. If I understood that right...

NORAD launched two F-16's as a precaution

Joseph Andrew Stack was the pilot's name

9:15 house fire in North Austin.

Neighbor rescued mother and 12 year old daughter.

okay...it may have been his own plane, a Piper is registered in his name

Statesman.com sticking with plane "out of Waco"; not sure if that means it was registered in Waco and maybe took off from Georgetown, or what.

according to CNN the house fire could be seen from the crash site. If I understood that right...

I heard this too but believe its incorrect. Parmer/Metric(which is where he lived) is several miles north of this (maybe 4-5 miles?). I am just south of the crash site and we can only see a little smoke from here.

not to be racist against terrorists but that doesnt sound like an al quida member.

looks like this one will go down as a lone nut with a grudge againt the world.

Statesman.com sticking with plane "out of Waco"; not sure if that means it was registered in Waco and maybe took off from Georgetown, or what.

CNN is reporting Georgetown

not to be racist against terrorists but that doesnt sound like an al quida member.

looks like this one will go down as a lone nut with a grudge againt the world.

"Domestic dispute"

He sounds like a homegrown nutjob!

From live feed. Plane went full throttle into building.....

<snip>
The National Transportation Safety Board says a small plane crash into a building in Austin, Texas may have been deliberate. The single engine plane crashed into the front seven story office building just before 10 a.m. local time.

Fox News reports that investigators think the man set his own home on fire and then flew the plane into a building that contains IRS offices.

The single engine plane crashed into the front seven story office building. A large cloud of smoke billowed out of the building in the minutes after the crash. Skies were clear and it appeared that weather was not a factor.

Windows were blown out on all sides of the building. Dozens of fire crews were on the scene and putting water on the flames.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/national/austin-plane-crash-100218

<snip>
Sarah Whelan, 28, was also driving on the overpass from MoPac onto U.S. 183 north on her way to work when she saw the plane on her right, flying low over the shops across the street from the building that was hit.

She said all the cars in front of me started slowing down because the plane looked like it could it land on the highway.

“It wasn’t heading into the direction of the building but all of a sudden it took a right and headed straight into it,” Whelan said. “It didn’t look like it was in distress. It wasn’t wavering at all.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...ies/2010/02/18/austin_police_say_a_plane.html

My DBF just talked to someone who was on US 183 -- he saw & heard the plane....his friend heard the plane flying at full-throttle...so far I haven't heard confirmed deaths.

Live streaming from local Fox news

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/generic/news/live_news/myfoxaustin_livestream_index

wish i had a tv at work :banghead:

there seems to be a theme of homegrown nutjobs in waco.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back