GUILTY TX - Jake Kimbley, 2, Smith County, 21 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just to clarify, that was only a thought because of the dad being at work when the child was reported missing, but the oldest child saying he saw him kick the baby in a hole. I'm sure this case is difficult for the detectives to put together with all the details coming out but it does make one wonder.

Surely the g/ma has been in the house and knew the condition of it. If her house was just as bad, then realistically those children had no safe haven. Wherever they all are now, I'm sure they think they're in heaven, even though some foster homes are not happy places, I would say that they couldn't be that bad. Hopefully they are somewhere that's clean, and sleeping in bug-free beds and eating nice, fresh food. God Bless them!

Yes, lol I know it was only a thought. But after looking at the condition of the home, that could work. We don't have any info on Jake's medical history. He could have had a diminished immune system or other medical problems, which the parents either did not know of, or were negligent in getting treatment for him.

I have no idea if any of the above is true, just looking at possibilities. You have to admit, it not a huge stretch to think any of those kids were not receiving routine medical care.

I've watched a few of those hoarding shows and I always think, how on earth can anyone let a place get that bad?! It's a mental illness.
I'm kind of a pack rat, married to a pack rat, but I draw the line at the junk that can accumulate over time.
Seeing those videos just made me sick. Those poor children were probably swallowing roaches in their sleep!

I use to be a shopaholic at yard sales, Goodwill, Salvation Army and any other thrift store, until I got tired of cleaning, washing and maintaining all the stuff. Truth.....I kept wondering why it took me so long to clean and just thought it was my age beginning to show until I realized I didn't have all this stuff many moons ago. lol I stopped immediately when putting it into perspective. I'm an organized pack rat and try to find a second life for anything.....feeling like I "saved" it.

Yes, lol I know it was only a thought. But after looking at the condition of the home, that could work. We don't have any info on Jake's medical history. He could have had a diminished immune system or other medical problems, which the parents either did not know of, or were negligent in getting treatment for him.

I have no idea if any of the above is true, just looking at possibilities. You have to admit, it not a huge stretch to think any of those kids were not receiving routine medical care.

The girl had lice! Makes you wonder if there were bedbugs. If I was anyone of those LE or searchers who had to go inside that house, I would have stripped down in my garage as soon as I got home and put them in a plastic bag for about a month before bringing them in to wash. Then I would have gone nuts on the car.

Since the report of the exposed wiring, I immediately thought he could have been electrocuted.

I think these child neglect, abandonment and endangerment charges ARE criminal charges. But if you mean further criminal charges, I agree. Possibly murder, do you think?
Btw, I'm fairly local, about 45 minutes from there. I used to know that area well, but that's been many years ago.

Yes, sorry...I meant criminal charges in regards to Jake's death. Theses charges pertain to the 5 surviving five children. I want to add that you guys should read through the KLTV comment section from their website (not Facebook) about the indictment.

"Lois" is Lois (Hart) Oglesby. She is Sabrina Kimbley's cousin and her parents are seeking custody of the children.

Also- yes....Leo Harber is the RSO. He has been married to Laura (Hart) Harber since the mid 1980s. Sabrina Kimbley is her daughter and his stepdaughter. It is public record, and not being disputed that Leo fathered two of his OTHER stepdaughter's children. DNA testing is being done on Sabrina's remaining children to determine whether or not he fathered them as well.

Although sleeping with your stepdaughter is SICK, the silver lining is that he is not biologically related to his stepdaughters. Therefore it's not incest, and the children are genetically normal. : /

Yes, sorry...I meant criminal charges in regards to Jake's death. Theses charges pertain to the 5 surviving five children. I want to add that you guys should read through the KLTV comment section from their website (not Facebook) about the indictment.

"Lois" is Lois (Hart) Oglesby. She is Sabrina Kimbley's cousin and her parents are seeking custody of the children.

Thanks. I think the DA in Smith Co. is taking this case VERY seriously.

I've seen a few of the "Hoarding" shows, too. But only a couple were actually "hoarders" in my opinion. Hoarding means to collect, or not be able to throw anything away, right? Most of those shows do not show any hoarding, they show trash and filth. I'm sorry, but in my mind, thats just sloth. Theres plenty of times I don't feel like picking up pizza boxes or cans or wrappers from my teenagers and thier friends, or my husband or myself. But I don't want to live in a trash can. And if something is broken in my house its fixed so it doesn't cause more damage. If you own a home, then you should have the resources to fix any damage. I'm sorry if this offends, but only a few times have I ever seen a homeowner on hoarders that COULDN'T, they just wouldn't. As for THIS house, that is just laziness. When I was growing up a sharecroppers daughter went to my school. She didn't have but a couple of skirts that she wore every day, but that skirt was cleaned, starched and ironed every day. And the little shack they lived in was immaculate. And the mom baked the best cookies I've ever tasted. Her kitchen was cleaner than ours as a matter of fact. And this was in the early 70's. Maybe the mom here felt overwhelmed and became addicted to drugs or something and her online life became her "real" life. How sad is that.

I agree with you, it's nothing but laziness. Makes me wonder if the whole family is the same way.

As for the hoarders, all those piles of trash and junk has to start somewhere, and there has to be a point when a person realizes it's getting tough to climb over the junk or walk around it. SO... to my way of thinking, it's time to CLEAN! A box or two of big trash bags don't really cost that much, and you can buy cheap cleaning solutions anywhere. There is simply no excuse for it except something is wrong with their mind, that they could allow it get to that point in the first place.

The girl had lice! Makes you wonder if there were bedbugs. If I was anyone of those LE or searchers who had to go inside that house, I would have stripped down in my garage as soon as I got home and put them in a plastic bag for about a month before bringing them in to wash. Then I would have gone nuts on the car.

Since the report of the exposed wiring, I immediately thought he could have been electrocuted.

HB I'd have done one better. I would have went back to headquarters, stripped and thrown them away then and there. Would never have came close to my home, yuk! Hopefully they would have one of those white paper jumpsuits for me to drive home in, lol.

IMO the family were not hoarders nor packrats, just very, very bad housekeepers.

OT- I just posted in Rachael Anderson's thread, CC paroles on 9-26
icon8.gif

HB I'd have done one better. I would have went back to headquarters, stripped and thrown them away then and there. Would never have came close to my home, yuk! Hopefully they would have one of those white paper jumpsuits for me to drive home in, lol.

IMO the family were not hoarders nor packrats, just very, very bad housekeepers.

OT- I just posted in Rachael Anderson's thread, CC paroles on 9-26
icon8.gif

BBM...Love to see that Knox..lol. Thanks for the update on RA. I can't believe it's been that long. :( The kids must be feeling anxious at this point.

Re: the housekeeping or lack thereof-i did not watch the walkthrough videos as I was pretty sure I couldn't stomach it, but I have read time and again descriptions of homes in this condition that had been occupied by meth users or even housed meth labs.

Mom's eyes look rather tweaky in some of her "come hither" *gag* dating site pics. I noticed it right away and wondered if meth may have played some part in the child neglect and Jake's eventual murder. :(

Perhaps LE knows this, too and is taking time to build a solid case now that the other children are out of danger.

MOO

Even if Jake's immune system was fine, roaches carry a lot of diseases... And they crawl in ears. Talk about going buggy!
:nerves:
Bless that poor little guy... I fret about what he went through.... :(
I hope the rest of the children aren't returned to that home/parents. At least from the info I've learned in MSM. I wouldn't be surprised though if things weren't worse than what we know...

wow that house is disgusting! Poor kids.

was that poster never verified as an insider? makes me wonder if she had been in the house before and think it is ok? what must the rest of the families homes be like?

Also- yes....Leo Harber is the RSO. He has been married to Laura (Hart) Harber since the mid 1980s. Sabrina Kimbley is her daughter and his stepdaughter. It is public record, and not being disputed that Leo fathered two of his OTHER stepdaughter's children. DNA testing is being done on Sabrina's remaining children to determine whether or not he fathered them as well.

Although sleeping with your stepdaughter is SICK, the silver lining is that he is not biologically related to his stepdaughters. Therefore it's not incest, and the children are genetically normal. : /

So sad... So sick...

I feel for his stepdaughters. Even without the blood tie required for the legal definition of incest, incest is still occurring if the commonly accepted working definition used by mental health therapists is applied. That definition takes into consideration that incest (unlike stranger/acquaintance abuse) violates an ongoing bond of trust between a child and a caretaker.

I'm currently undergoing intensive therapy - 6 hours a day - to deal with past traumas and this distinction was recently discussed which is what prompted me to speak up. I appreciate that you didn't minimize the stepdaughters' situation due to the lack of blood relation! In my world because of his position in her life, I consider him an incestual perv but can respect that legally and to others, he may just be a perv. :( :thumbdown:

Thanks for listening to my semi-O/T rant!!! :D

was that poster never verified as an insider? makes me wonder if she had been in the house before and think it is ok? what must the rest of the families homes be like?

If I'm the "insider" that you were referring to- no, I wasnt aware of the conditions of the home until after Jake's dissapearance. I hadn't even heard of these people.

I live locally and initially took an interest in the missing child report. Then, I saw her Facebook page, heard the report of the details of his death and the living conditions of this family. I have attended one trial (9/7) and plan to attend more. I hope and pray that these disgusting people will never be allowed to damage their children further. But....from what I've witnessed, they won't.

Thank you LS1234, please keep us updated on the hearings you attend.

No problem! This last one was funny at times and tragic at others. The whole family looks like they could be cast for Jerry Springer! The Kimbley's have lost a lot of family support though-on Friday, only four supporters showed ("Granny" Laura Harber, Lois Hart Oglesby (a cousin, I think), Rose Hart (the family member seeking custody) and Debra Kimbley Willingham ( David's sister) was a character witness.

I live about 35 miles from there, but never claimed to be an insider and felt no need to be verified, because I was never there during that time. That may not be who you were referring to, just wanted to clarify, since I did reference the videos of the inside of the home.

Bumping to keep this little guy on the first page.

I wonder when the autopsy results will be...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back