TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he definitely could've hit a deer, which can easily total a car, head hit the steering wheel, he tried to walk for help and was just too disoriented. I do wonder about the dogs losing his scent, but given the area, I find it very unlikely he was picked up by someone. Hope for a case like that girl (in WA?) who had car issues and managed to survive. I pray he is okay somewhere, and maybe just confused.

If it was cold enough for hypothermia, it could be paradoxical undressing.
It could just be clothing that he may have been carrying with him home from school that ended up outside the car in the chaos of a crash. Or if he was injured enough to have severe swelling, removing something restrictive could make sense? (in this case with the tight timeline, this seems unlikely).

Not really enough information given to be able to make much sense of that detail.

Really hoping SAR gets lucky here and finds him soon!

I too was thinking it was clothes he was bringing home or just in the car. I wonder if they could tell (or if they would disclose) if he had been wearing them and took them off after leaving the car?

I too was thinking it was clothes he was bringing home or just in the car. I wonder if they could tell (or if they would disclose) if he had been wearing them and took them off after leaving the car?

this is what I was thinking. It has been cold in Texas recently, but not that cold. I typically brought my laundry home from college during holidays. I wish they could elaborate

I think he definitely could've hit a deer, which can easily total a car, head hit the steering wheel, he tried to walk for help and was just too disoriented. I do wonder about the dogs losing his scent, but given the area, I find it very unlikely he was picked up by someone. Hope for a case like that girl (in WA?) who had car issues and managed to survive. I pray he is okay somewhere, and maybe just confused.
Why do you think its not probable that no one picked him up? There was atleast one car on that road, within a short period of time (the car that reported the wreck). If one car was there, there could have been more.

Why do you think its not probable that no one picked him up? There was atleast one car on that road, within a short period of time (the car that reported the wreck). If one car was there, there could have been more.

viewing the Google Images of the exact area he was in, I, from personal experience, find it unlikely you'd encounter many people. Typically, it would be people who live there and who have their lights on bright because it's so dark.

I should have specified it's only my speculation. But, I have gone driving on roads that look just like that as "cut-through" roads in SE Texas, and at night, it'd be rare to see anyone else. Kinda why the roads only look "one-lane-wide," so not based on any facts, but just my knowledge/experience of driving around that area, and areas similar.

What's the land like where his car crashed? Any swamps? Bodies of water?

Much of it is around a large oil field that dates back to the 1920s
It’s a place where someone could easily get lost according to Felix Cortinas who has a deer lease nearby. "A lot of old wells, saltwater disposal, old wells that were never even capped or cemented just holes and a lot of creeks, a lot of steep banks," he said.

What's the land like where his car crashed? Any swamps? Bodies of water?

Only deep east Texas and the gulf coast have significant swamps and bayous. The area where he disappeared in is semi arid.

A hunter with a deer lease in the area did mention a lot of creeks with steep banks. But.... with Texas being a dry state over all, Texans can use the term "creek" pretty generously by eastern state standards.

As a result, the hunter could well include essentially dry washes as "creeks". Intermmitant (sp) streams that would not warrant a mentions in say, West Virginia would probably also meet the west Texas definition of "creek" as well. Likewise, there could also be full flowing creeks by any standards in the area- but I think even these would be over all small in the east.

Last edited:
My sister crashed her car many years ago. She had no idea how she ended up in the hospital. She was told someone picked her up off the side of the road and left her at the hospital. She only ended up with a broken nose. Just throwing this out there because I believe it’s possible Jason wandered off in shock. IMO and all that. Why the dogs lost his scent at the abandoned house is the real mystery to me.

Only deep east Texas and the gulf coast have significant swamps and bayous. The area where he disappeared in is semi arid.

A hunter with a deer lease in the area did mention a lot of creeks with steep banks. But.... with Texas being a dry state over all, Texans can use the term "creek" pretty generously by eastern state standards.

As a result, the hunter could well include essentially dry washes as "creeks". Intermmitant (sp) streams that would not warrant a mentions in say, West Virginia would probably also meet the west Texas definition of "creek" as well. Likewise, there could also be full flowing creeks by any standards in the area- but I think even these would be over all small in the east.

I can't speak for other standards, but the San Marcos area was burnt up from fires awhile back and never recovered. There are no swamps, but a lot of creeks, and it's oil field area

Hope fading as search for missing Texas State student ends third day

However, hope started to fade when authorities turned their attention to a nearby pond where a sonar hit was made. As the water was drained the family braced for the answer they didn't want.

At last report, there was no information regarding what, if anything, had been found in the pond that was drained. With Jason Landry still missing authorities said the plan was to be back along Salt Flat Road Thursday to continue the search.

Hope fading as search for missing Texas State student ends third day

To Note:
•it’s believed Jason made a wrong turn. A mistake that possibly happened at the intersection of U.S. 183 & Austin Street. That street is also Hwy 80 which is the route from San Marcos.
•It’s believed Jason was injured but able to walked away from the wreck site and then disappeared.
•The search Wednesday included teams on horseback. They worked through thick brush and once again across the vast oil field near the crash site.
•authorities turned their attention to a nearby pond where a sonar hit was made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member