TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that the family is going through this during the holidays.

i can definitely see that he probably missed that turn which would have taken him to I 10 towards Houston. It’s easy to get disoriented, and if he brakes for wildlife and then hit his head...

the uncapped wells really bother me

HEY @MassGuy !!

I don’t like those oil fields with open holes at all! Surely they’re all over that now that the pond has turned up nothing.
I just can’t make it work in my head that he would get into a car with someone. Still why bring nothing from the car? The phone was found so he could have found it IMO. And I don’t think any 21 year old would leave the scene without his phone—it’s a lifeline. Even a very shaken up 21 year old. At the very least he would grab his backpack w/the most important things—laptop, chargers etc.
There ARE monsters out there, and of course the monsters just might be the ones to be driving around that late and stopping to pick someone up. But I am more inclined to think he was disoriented enough to wander away without the things most important to a 21 yr. old college student. That worries me. :(
Hoping for the best today from the searches!

If Jason was in shock and had a concussion, he easily could have walked away from his belongings.

Case in point- my cousin was rear-ended on a busy freeway while on a trip to Disneyland. The car was badly damaged and my cousin had moderate injuries including a concussion. She proceeded to exit the car and try to walk in the middle of the freeway - the paramedics said this was a result of the shock and concussion and not that uncommon. To clarify before the question is asked , she was not under the influence. Apparently, there was a break from reality and temporary memory loss.

This, to me , seems quite plausible in Jason's situation. Not only does it appear that his injuries were likely more substantial- but he was alone. There was no one to guide him back to safety or to keep him still until Paramedics were called.

Also- side note- I have a friend that leads search and rescue.
He says sometimes, people will attempt to get to a higher point to try and figure out where they are and what places may be a round. They have been known to climb roof tops, trees , hills , etc.
Just a little food for thought.

the uncapped wells really bother me
In regards to uncapped wells, are oil and gas wells wide enough that an adult could fall down one? I have heard of toddlers falling into uncapped wells but never an adult.
As far as the searching, we know the area nearby included uncapped wells and I just can't imagine any property owner inviting that type of liability.
In regards to liability risks from uncapped, those liability risks maybe reduced in Texas.

Legally, Texas is different than a lot of other states. For example very generous exemption laws and judicial case law, make it is defacto impossible to collect on a lawsuit against most Texans. Likewise, Texas homestead homes cannot be ordered sold to settle debts. Homesteads can be urban or rural and range from trailers to mansions. Nearly everybody has a homestead.

Private property in Texas is well, extremely private. Extrapolating what I have read regarding dangerous dog attacks, if the property (ies) are marked "Keep Out", then it is enter at ones own risk. I don't know if the extrapolation is valid. I suspect, however, that it is.

Last edited:
This is just anecdotal, and based on memories of previous missing cases, but I would like to see the current search radius expanded, if possible.

There have been some recoveries from a relatively short distance outside the established search zone.
Imo

This is just anecdotal, and based on memories of previous missing cases, but I would like to see the current search radius expanded, if possible.

There have been some recoveries from a relatively short distance outside the established search zone.
Imo
I agree. I think he’s out there and not too far from the wreck. Just hard to find. :(

Has the abandoned house been thoroughly searched? How stable is it? Any loose floorboards/ceiling which he may have fallen through?
I’m still not clear if he really was tracked to an abandoned home, but due to the Harley Dilly case, my mind immediately goes to a chimney. Though obviously, I know how extremely unlikely that is.

I sure hope this young man is found soon.

I still think about Brandon Lawson often. How do people just vanish without a trace?

There are so many! Maura is one of the ones that stays on my mind... then I get reminded about Brandon, or so many others, whom I've briefly forgotten (forgive me!). :(
It drives me crazy! No person should ever be missing. That’s why I’m here at WS. There are just too many, and it makes me so sad.

In regards to uncapped wells, are oil and gas wells wide enough that an adult could fall down one? I have heard of toddlers falling into uncapped wells but never an adult.

Great question!
And I just spent some time trying to find that answer...apparently I’m not putting the correct words/phrases in Google because I can’t find anything to help with the answer. :confused: lol

Search continues for missing Texas State student Jason Landry | khou.com

It has been exactly one week since anyone has heard from 21-year-old Texas State University student Jason Landry.

To note from this article:
•his parents received a phone call at 2 a.m. on Monday from a state trooper.
•his car had been involved in a crash in a remote area in Luling off country backroads about 10 minutes from the city’s downtown area
•Texas Equusearch crews began searching for Landry last week.
•his phone was inside of the smashed car.
•Scent dogs led searchers to a pond not far from where the car crashed.
•The pond was drained, but there were no signs of Landry.
•Searchers say the area that his car was found is pitch dark when the sun goes down.
•Ken Landry (dad) said there is someone who knows what happened to his son and is pleading for anyone with information about to come forward.
•Texas Equusearch crews will continue their search of the area of the car wreck
•Search team members said several searchers will canvass everything within a two-mile radius of the crash.
•They will also be using a drone to fly over the site once again, then analyzing the video, looking for clues.
•Searchers said they are far from having a theory for what may have happened and say Landry's disappearance is still very much a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep