TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I misunderstand your destination?

I thought you were trying to locate the crash site which was reported by his dad as 2365 - 2379 Salt Flat Rd. and where 2379 is the location of the "abandoned" house. Please disregard if that's not your destination.
What I was doing was tracking it along the entire road for several purposes, one of which was to ascertain whether there was a possibility he was visiting a specific address and the other to ascertain distance travelled on road prior to crashing.
The reason I was confused is that the videos did not highlight a building to use as landmark.

What I was doing was tracking it along the entire road for several purposes, one of which was to ascertain whether there was a possibility he was visiting a specific address and the other to ascertain distance travelled on road prior to crashing.
The reason I was confused is that the videos did not highlight a building to use as landmark.
Respectfully, you're not going to find much for landmarks on the applicable Salt Flat Road in Luling, Tx. The cemetery comes to mind and not much else!

Respectfully, you're not going to find much for landmarks on the applicable Salt Flat Road in Luling, Tx. The cemetery comes to mind and not much else!
And the reason all that started was because I wondered which lights would have been visible from crash site on a dark night... reasoning he probably would have headed for nearest lights with phone lost in vehicle, probably having locked himself out etc.. but that's not fully taking into account his possible/probable injuries either.
But I guess the search result announced stated pretty definitively he was not within the 2 mile radius so it's moot, unless he went further searching or following a light or two..

If I had read about anyone saying the last time he was seen or talked to it would be easier for me to dismiss the possibility it wasn’t him in the car.

I noted earlier his last activity on social media I have found is Dec 10th. I also have seen from his social media that he likes Smash Bros. Here is one tweet about it. https://twitter.com/jasonlandry_/status/1331678806864695298?s=21

Interestingly a big documentary was released on December 11-13th. I’m surprised he didn’t tweet about or mention it. I wonder if he watched it on twitch. Anyone find his twitch handle?

Watch the Super Smash Bros. Melee Metagame documentary here
Metagame is an 8-part series that will debut today on the documentary’s Twitch channel. Over on the Metagame website, we learn more about the contents of the series. “Metagame Documentary is an eight-part series following the five best Super Smash Brothers Melee players as they battle to be world champion.”

Episodes 1-3 will air today at 2 p.m. PT, episodes 4-6 will air on December 12 at 2 p.m. PT, and the series will conclude with episodes 7 and 8 on December 13 at 2 p.m. PT.

I'm trying to pull up a street mp of salt lake road. Is that the correct address @renarde?
This needs jiggling and my net speed is too low. Can you see if you can bring it in at all, please?
showmystreet.com
Here are some properties along Salt Flat Rd. seen from “clicking along” in your link. But I don’t think any of these are on the gravel portion, so not sure how far Jason would have walked to reach any of these. Also, I included one ditch/dam water hazard he could have encountered if trying to stay off the road, but walking beside it with very low visibility. I’m sure this area has been searched. Just trying to give people a sense of the area.

ETA: I’m pretty sure this section of Salt Flat Rd. was pretty far from the crash. Just how far, I’m not sure. I’m don’t why some of the images have address on top reading 422 Derrick Rd., because these are all on Salt Flat rd.

Attachments

• 43D2CECE-A7AE-484F-8B86-07CDD507F2E9.jpeg
    43D2CECE-A7AE-484F-8B86-07CDD507F2E9.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 101
  • E42A0195-A045-4404-91CF-3AD01B282AFB.jpeg
    E42A0195-A045-4404-91CF-3AD01B282AFB.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 42B326FF-DCD8-46D1-B496-604B81F52347.jpeg
    42B326FF-DCD8-46D1-B496-604B81F52347.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 85930583-D0B9-4FD1-BEAB-54C348549532.jpeg
    85930583-D0B9-4FD1-BEAB-54C348549532.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 5B5D88E9-3AF7-4536-B127-BB716267ABCA.jpeg
    5B5D88E9-3AF7-4536-B127-BB716267ABCA.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 8898F7F1-C6A4-45B8-82AD-A8A450501654.jpeg
    8898F7F1-C6A4-45B8-82AD-A8A450501654.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
If I had read about anyone saying the last time he was seen or talked to it would be easier for me to dismiss the possibility it wasn’t him in the car.

I noted earlier his last activity on social media I have found is Dec 10th. I also have seen from his social media that he likes Smash Bros. Here is one tweet about it. https://twitter.com/jasonlandry_/status/1331678806864695298?s=21

Interestingly a big documentary was released on December 11-13th. I’m surprised he didn’t tweet about or mention it. I wonder if he watched it on twitch. Anyone find his twitch handle?

Metagame is an 8-part series that will debut today on the documentary’s Twitch channel. Over on the Metagame website, we learn more about the contents of the series. “Metagame Documentary is an eight-part series following the five best Super Smash Brothers Melee players as they battle to be world champion.”

Episodes 1-3 will air today at 2 p.m. PT, episodes 4-6 will air on December 12 at 2 p.m. PT, and the series will conclude with episodes 7 and 8 on December 13 at 2 p.m. PT.
Are you thinking whatever happened, occurred before he ever left campus and his car was abandoned at the site where it was located? Another thought...if someone else wore his shoes, would dogs still track as if it was Jason who wore them?

Here are some properties along Salt Flat Rd. seen from “clicking along” in your link. But I don’t think any of these are on the gravel portion, so not sure how far Jason would have walked to reach any of these. Also, I included one ditch/dam water hazard he could have encountered if trying to stay off the road, but walking beside it with very low visibility. I’m sure this area has been searched. Just trying to give people a sense of the area.

ETA: I’m pretty sure this section of Salt Flat Rd. was pretty far from the crash. Just how far, I’m not sure. I’m don’t why some of the images have address on top reading 422 Derrick Rd., because these are all on Salt Flat rd.
Thanks for doing that, it was a lot of work. Appreciated!

I looked at Twitch & You Tube and couldn't find a channel that I could confirm was his.

Are you thinking whatever happened, occurred before he ever left campus and his car was abandoned at the site where it was located? Another thought...if someone else wore his shoes, would dogs still track as if it was Jason who wore them?
I think this is extremely possible. It could account for why his parents didnt know he was coming in that night.

If an oil field worker accidentally hit and killed him, what about the possibility of him being in one of those tanks? Thinking along the lines of what Chris Watts did to hide his family. I hate to think of this but he either walked away or was driven away to another location.
I hate to think of him being hit by this vehicle. Seems as if that equipment gives the driver quite a blind spot. (Photo from Salt Flat Rd. - Google maps)

Attachments

• C20B7DB5-17B7-4E28-9CB3-B0AB02B3CB22.jpeg
    C20B7DB5-17B7-4E28-9CB3-B0AB02B3CB22.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
A 2 mile radius just doesn't seem nearly far enough. Even an injured person could make it much further than that. I still suspect his body will one day be found slightly outside of that radius. I hope I am wrong. I hope he took off for some reason, and will return soon.

I haven't seen this mentioned, or I missed it. Are scavenger birds such as turkey vultures native to the area? Watching the skies for circling birds in that area would be something I would think searchers would have done? Does anyone know?

Yes, we call them buzzards. And they are perfect for spotting deceased stuff off the road. And horrible to hit while you're driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member