TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have thrown the backpack out the window before he crashed? IMO he was not heading home for the holidays. Something brought him down that desolate road. He was either meeting someone down there and something went terribly wrong or he wasn't in a good state of mind and went down there with no plan to come back. If he was meeting someone and the deal went sour he could have sped away, thrown the backpack out the window lost control and crashed the car, and the person he was meeting just got out of there. Or maybe he was just out joyriding, crashed and dazed and is still out there. As a parent myself, I feel bad speculating. I haven't lost sight of the fact that this is someone's loved one and I can't imagine the pain of not knowing. Why won't someone come forward that saw or talked to him the days before he went missing to keep his name out there in the media?

Could he have thrown the backpack out the window before he crashed? IMO he was not heading home for the holidays. Something brought him down that desolate road. He was either meeting someone down there and something went terribly wrong or he wasn't in a good state of mind and went down there with no plan to come back. If he was meeting someone and the deal went sour he could have sped away, thrown the backpack out the window lost control and crashed the car, and the person he was meeting just got out of there. Or maybe he was just out joyriding, crashed and dazed and is still out there. As a parent myself, I feel bad speculating. I haven't lost sight of the fact that this is someone's loved one and I can't imagine the pain of not knowing. Why won't someone come forward that saw or talked to him the days before he went missing to keep his name out there in the media?
I’ve also wondered if maybe threw out the backpack, but it had his wallet in it besides the “narcotics.” So that wouldn’t make any sense IMO. It really seems to me the backpack was taken out of the car and then dropped along the road. I don’t know how it would have flown out during crash b/c it was down the road in the direction he came from. Head scratcher.

If he was contemplating suicide, how did he even know Salt Flat Road was there? He could have headed north or northwest out of San Marco, closer and more desolate. He had only lived in San Marco for a semester so how would he have known that desolate road was there? Even if he had that idea and did accidentaly spin out with the subsequent results, nothing was mentioned that indicated a planned suicide was found. No gun, no rope, although most trees there didn't look tall enough to hang from.

If he was contemplating suicide.. RSBM nothing was mentioned that indicated a planned suicide was found. No gun, no rope, although most trees there didn't look tall enough to hang from.
I don't buy into the self-harm theory either, but without knowing the type or amount of "narcotics" that were found, an overdose could be added to this list of unlikely means.

I would never have been driving with my wallet in the backpack. Would have had it someplace accessible.

I also think he wouldn’t have had narcotics in the passenger compartment, at least put them in the trunk in case of being pulled over, even a small amount.

Since the bag was south of the accident site while he was headed north, maybe after the accident he grabbed the backpack, pulled the clothes that were in it out, scattering them around the car, grabbed the narcotics which he didn’t want found by anyone at the scene, and his wallet, probably after finding it in the car. Then he headed south.

I have to assume that the choice to go south was either he knew he had seen houses he just passed, or there was a close light that direction to head toward.

I would never have been driving with my wallet in the backpack. Would have had it someplace accessible.

I also think he wouldn’t have had narcotics in the passenger compartment, at least put them in the trunk in case of being pulled over, even a small amount.

Since the bag was south of the accident site while he was headed north, maybe after the accident he grabbed the backpack, pulled the clothes that were in it out, scattering them around the car, grabbed the narcotics which he didn’t want found by anyone at the scene, and his wallet, probably after finding it in the car. Then he headed south.

I have to assume that the choice to go south was either he knew he had seen houses he just passed, or there was a close light that direction to head toward.
So was he headed back towards Luling if he was headed north? I would have thought south would have been back to town?

So was he headed back towards Luling if he was headed north? I would have thought south would have been back to town?
Sorry, I may have those directions reversed, but I think he was driving north, then the backpack was found to the south, important part is backpack was back in the direction he had already travelled from.

I wonder if the family or LE has requested/advised friends not to do interviews because it could hinder investigation? Just a thought.

I don't think he would have had time to throw the backpack from the car before it crashed. The backpack and clothing might have been thrown from the vehicle in the accident. In the dark he may not have been able to find it, or he was in shock and just started walking.

Maybe he ventured off the road because he saw a house or a light, and thought it would be faster than walking all the way back to town.

There may be people who talked to him before he left that have spoken with police, but were asked not to speak to the media. Or maybe they just don't feel the need to since this is not a criminal investigation. They are probably just as confused as everyone else as to where he could be.

I think he's out there somewhere and they just haven't found him yet.

Luling IS the town we’re talking about. He was driving north away from Luling but the backpack (and his scent by dogs) were found south of the wreck, toward town of Luling.
He could have been following a light or lights and then they went out and he turned opposite direction following a different set of lights or a light. I think that was the only sane thing to do, really. Especially if he had locked himself out of his vehicle with phone inside, no light, nothing to guide him at all.
Or maybe he thought he remembered passing a house in either direction..
The sudden stopping of the trail is the weirdest bit for me.

He could have been following a light or lights and then they went out and he turned opposite direction following a different set of lights or a light. I think that was the only sane thing to do, really. Especially if he had locked himself out of his vehicle with phone inside, no light, nothing to guide him at all.
Or maybe he thought he remembered passing a house in either direction..
The sudden stopping of the trail is the weirdest bit for me.
Right, this is very possible.

I wonder if his debit card was in his pocket-Covid-or wallet in the backpack?
If the debit card was in his pocket when found, that makes sense he was actively thinking he would need it handy, such as a stop on the the long drive to his family home.
It boggles my mind that any guy would not have his wallet in his pocket. Unless it is due to Covid and its simplicity of one card.
ETA-unless the pants he was wearing had no pockets.
I have never met a guy that would buy pants or shorts without pockets.

If the debit card was in his pocket when found, that makes sense he was actively thinking he would need it handy, such as a stop on the the long drive to his family home.
It boggles my mind that any guy would not have his wallet in his pocket. Unless it is due to Covid and its simplicity of one card.
Or he didn't want to sit on the wallet in his back pocket as he drove...uncomfortable, so easily understandable why he might pull it out. My dad always did this. IMO

He may not have been a tidy packer and just crammed everything important in there lest he forget it.. I've done that. ( still lost things though cos not remembering where I'd packed them 'safely'

I feel like there are two ways to look at this:

(more likely) Jason’s cell was in car because he couldn’t easily locate it after the crash. His backpack was outside the car because it fell out in crash or he attempted to carry it, but due to injuries, it was too difficult, so he dropped it (and couldn’t put it in locked vehicle).

(Much less likely) Staging. What better way to immediately connect Jason to car and backpack to explain his sudden disappearance than leaving his phone in car, and wallet in backpack? Though with this kind of staging, I could only see Jason being the one to do it. Because if someone “disappeared him” they would be taking too much personal risk to crash his car like that. Unless they were wearing a helmet. (Said tongue and cheek)

Old people carry wallets on them. Young people pay with their phone or have a place in their phone case for a card. The real question is where is his fanny pack? /s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne