TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
still Thursday in Ireland.. but I had to check, we're in lockdown again or still, days run into each other.

Same. I had to double check the date and day of week too. I got excited for a minute that it was Friday. Not that weekends are any different. Between COVID and freezing temps, we are all pretty much stuck here.

Local poster also stated there's often a variety of personal items on the road that get tossed or fall out of open pick-up trucks. The clothes didn't stick out to DPS in the middle of the night. They were only investigating an abandoned, wrecked vehicle at the time.
BBM

I think this is key with regards to his dad being the one to discover the clothes the next morning. They did not know this was a missing person situation at the time, and they even admitted this early on after the searches began. They thought it was someone who fled the wreck to avoid a DUI as is usually the case in most of these situations.

Yes, indeed, from someone who is not as neat at rolling, at that!
Crazy, wasn't it?
Even LE quantify it in their statement as a small qty and take time to kill the rumor that he backpack was filled with drugs.
It's awful the way rumors spout in the internet and must be so distressing to families.
Oh sheesh.
Yes-- rumors sure do spout legs quickly.
Thanks for the update :)

Last edited:
I remember earlier reports that the clothes were found 900 feet south of the accident site.

If that's true - the newest press release doesn't state the area relative to the car - then the released body cam footage would seem to verify that the first responders DID come from the north.

They would have seen the backpack and then the car but the clothes would have been 900 feet off. Even if they saw the clothes, they wouldn't have connected the clothes to the wrecked car.

I b
I'm unable to figure out the geographics or even to guess at them or the schedule of checks or when they wre carried out, that same night, or the next day after Jason's dad located his clothes and backpack?
And I've looked at the maps and done my best but still stumped.
I wanted badly to know the location of the lake they dredged in relation to the location of his gear.. no joy.
I beleive a local posted here that the pond they drained was just east of the abandoned house if I remember correctly. The abandoned house was just south of where the clothes would have been found.

I b

I beleive a local posted here that the pond they drained was just east of the abandoned house if I remember correctly. The abandoned house was just south of where the clothes would have been found.
Thanks ZZ . but I'm still unable to grasp it visually. That's a deficit I have and nothing to do with your explanation.
- clothes and backpack were located north of the accident site.. but there are two directions to and from Luling?
Did he do a zig-zag?
'cos as far as I remember the original reports stated he went 1/4 mile in the direction from which he had come-Luling, as far as anybody knows.

Thanks ZZ . but I'm still unable to grasp it visually. That's a deficit I have and nothing to do with your explanation.
- clothes and backpack were located north of the accident site.. but there are two directions to and from Luling?
Did he do a zig-zag?
'cos as far as I remember the original reports stated he went 1/4 mile in the direction from which he had come-Luling, as far as anybody knows.
Not true. JL was traveling from San Marcos on Hwy 80 when he arrived at the intersection/traffic light on Hwy80 (E. Austin) and Magnolia (H183). It's believed that JL proceeded forwarded at this intersection (instead of turning right to connect with HI-10). He drove 5 miles before he crashed.

JL's route never actually took him through the town center of Luling, TX. Luling was behind him when he crashed.

MOO

@SimplyCass great job on creating the map. I’m a visual person so it really helps!:)
Do you know about where the 900ft (his belongings were found) is in reference to the other places you have plotted onto the map?
(Ex: before the abandoned house or after? Closer to the HQ? Etc)

Not true. JL was traveling from San Marcos on Hwy 80 when he arrived at the intersection/traffic light on Hwy80 (E. Austin) and Magnolia (H183). It's believed that JL proceeded forwarded at this intersection (instead of turning right to connect with HI-10). He drove 5 miles before he crashed.

JL's route never actually took him through the town center of Luling, TX. Luling was behind him when he crashed.

MOO
I still cannot see it..

I still cannot see it..
Luling, Tx is a pin-drop in square mile radius. Population less than 6,000. JL crashed at the near end of the line.

Luling, Texas - Wikipedia

data=R7j3LNX3E5hEPMIsVyA-yJA5q6Ud3K-KVwn3nWmREfRvnbb_mWpZPqdoEsTbMqlOj5kN_DyPVdN6ZOVHUIytKTSS4GIs25HoKlNveJrqPpUjmn1VcLGnntfl5eZkNyRrWeNQLnXG7JQcKnfwwwaYd-mY2xd1EVnOWpPMsckj6XYZArcIgeZO8bDa4IeDP-b2t-AkCowr-e04KpmkG7B9xPD1cG5f02AtVv31hnf0J_XzSpn885cfSNZTgya-2aqm

I still cannot see it..

Jason was on Interstate 80/E. Austin and is believed to have turned left onto Magnolia. The accident site is at the top.

Investigators have been saying that his digital footprint ends at that intersection at 11:24 p.m. and the next known info is the firefighter finding his car at 12:31 a.m. - the 67-minute gap. As you can see, it should have taken him only 10 minutes to reach that site.

Attachments

• 28A13ED2-3F55-443F-9F4A-8A7B4EED4268.jpeg
    28A13ED2-3F55-443F-9F4A-8A7B4EED4268.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 99
Jason was on Interstate 80/E. Austin and is believed to have turned left onto Magnolia. The accident site is at the top.

Investigators have been saying that his digital footprint ends at that intersection at 11:24 p.m. and the next known info is the firefighter finding his car at 12:31 a.m. - the 67-minute gap. As you can see, it should have taken him only 10 minutes to reach that site.

Thanks for the map @SimplyCass and I agree. However, Magnolia is also H183 and I don't think JL turned left on Magnolia but drove straight through the intersection, following Austin, Spruce, which becomes SFR as per the CCSO press release.

Take note that JL was supposed to turn right on Magnolia (aka H183) to connect to the HI-10 interchange to Houston to get to his parent's home.

Is it possible to pull a topographical map showing crash site, pond, old house, back pack and clothes and exact trail he took?
He left his shoes with his clothes..
then we speculated that his feet may have become cut or at least uncomfortable... and he headed for grass..
he walked 9oo feet with shoes.
It's just not possible is it to determine the sequence?
Dogs are not going to know where he went first, shoes or no shoes..
yet they lost that trail.
WHY?
If he'd gone on grass shortly afterwards, trail should still have been viable...
I was just going to search for hidden mine shafts or some unknown features in the topography that would not necessarily be known to SARs... something ancient , not transferred to modern maps by error...
longshot and wide, I know..
If a vehicle had hit him, evidence would exist, not necessarily blood, but tracks for sure. Vehicle tracks.
Te searchers would have located them if LE had not.
Imagine receiving that call that your son's car is totalled and going out there...and finding his clothes, his backpack,his phone and everything but no sign of Jason who was 6ft tall.
It must be the bleakest moment in any parent's life.
I'm not buying the drug deal, that he was followed, was meeting somebody,that anything is other than it seems because that would mean that LE are lying and I don't believe they are.
It would require LE and all the SARs to be lying.
I wish we could figure out how many vehicles use that road between 11pm and morning on average..
Is is less than 5 or less than 20?
The longer it continues, the more confusing it becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState