TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a naked person were leaving a scent that could be picked up by dogs and then entered a body of water (pond) and then came out of the water at a different spot than they entered, would they still be leaving a scent?

They would be soaking wet / dripping but I’m not sure if that would stop the scent. It seems he headed east from SFR to get to the pond if the scents are correct. Further east of the pond appear to many other small bodies of water and Plum Creek.

If he did enter the creek and became deceased, has that creek swelled during rains since the accident to an extent it would carry a body downstream, perhaps all the way to San Marcos River and possibly down that River?

Seems like the entire length of that creek and perhaps the River should be checked, maybe drone flying would be the easiest way?

To me, this seems like the only way he could have travelled far enough to be out of the search area if no one else was involved.
Or he wandered a good distance, died from injuries, and wild hogs found him and did what they are known to do. Terrible thought but very possible.

143014056_749900482301742_2284303681671981212_o.jpg

edited still photo of Body Worn Camera of the Trooper who initially responded to the scene showing relative location of articles of clothing and backpack, approximately 900 feet south of crash scene.

I selected this DPS/police photo of Salt Flat Road as I believe it best depicts the country gravel road, and the ditch areas off the roadway, as it would be seen by any passerby heading north or south that night.

It was first reported that JL was believed to be walking towards town or Luling after the crash.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

At this point, I don't know what to think. I feel he would have been found by now if it was truly an accident and he wandered off, but where is his body then? If this was some master minded plan, which I highly doubt, why put his family through all this worry (though we've seen people just up and walk off before)? If not a plan, not an accident... Road rage? Again, where is his body? I'm about to resort to aliens abducting him! MOO and frustration that his family continues to suffer not knowing.

ETC grammar

I doubt it would be a masterminded plan to disappear as he brought his pet fish with him for the trip. I feel that means he was planning on continuing on to his parents house as planned and just didn't make it for reasons we don't yet understand.

im not familiar with LE procedure in these cases, is this normal? Is LE or family selling the car? You would think since this case is still active, they would hold onto their best piece of evidence.
Exactly my thoughts, I cannot figure it out either. This confirms though his airbags did not deploy that night.

Looks as if Jason’s car has been sold off to auction. Here is the link, with photos of the interior of his car as well.
Internet Auction

It hasn't been sold yet. Site says: Kyle Internet Auction 10:00 am February 06, 2021

Not that I know anything about these sorts of matters but would think it wouldn't be sold so soon (prior to having clear answers about Jason). I'm not seeing any signs of fingerprint taking to make sure he was the driver. Guessing they know 100% he was so didn't do that?

I still think it's odd it's be sold so soon. :(

Edited to say - Oh, I get it. Sold off TO auction. I don't know much in those sorts of matters either. lol

The vehicle was towed and impounded after it was abandoned on the roadway, and police obviously collected anything they deemed relevant to the missing person investigation and released the vehicle to the owner. The vehicle is not in police custody.

The older model Altima was totaled, and I can't think of any reason why the family would want to incur the cost to store it, and for what?

I would not be surprised if they already received a hefty bill for several hundred dollars to remove the car from the road and hold it until now. Storage is not free!

I had a family member killed by a drunk driver traveling the wrong way on the interstate, and the family received a towing bill and daily impound fees until the wreckage sold and hauled from impound by a scrap collector.

The buyer will probably strip the vehicle of useable parts and Nissan junked parts are fairly popular, and command a good price.

MOO

ETA: Auction report says the vehicle runs. Also, per the link, Public Auto Auction is also an affiliate of "C.A.R" (Charitable Auto Recycling) and has processed over 30,000 donations and helped raise millions for Texas charities. Family may have donated the vehicle. Current bid for JL's car is $125...

Looking at Ebay, just the factory OEM rims for 2003 command $50/ea.

Last edited:
Looks as if Jason’s car has been sold off to auction. Here is the link, with photos of the interior of his car as well.
https://www.carstrucksandboats.com/inventory/details/d1d94152-afea-4de7-8ab7-fe2a1b9ded5f
Internet Auction
Really nice find. Really really odd. Maybe his last interactions yield more info than we are aware but still....even if, something amiss could have happened and I wouldn’t want to get rid of potential evidence.

And, looking at the pictures I have to say I was always curious about those scratches on the driver side door. They looked odd to me. In fact I had wondered if it was possible they were from a propane tank I had noticed nearby. What I noticed is that they’re white. And they are the only thing that did not rust on the car. Does that mean it’s paint and not deep like the other scratches? If so how can that be?

Here is a close-up of what I’m talking about from the link in my quote.

upload_2021-2-4_21-44-55.jpeg

What is this thing on the back seat?

Gosh, I have to say, the impact looks so bad. That huge tree-shaped imprint on the rear left. Ouch.

Attachments

• C751158F-478E-44CF-B1BD-7A3B87E54AF0.jpeg
    C751158F-478E-44CF-B1BD-7A3B87E54AF0.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 220
Sounds like LE is as confident as possible that no one or nothing sinister was involved, with getting ready to sell the car this weekend. A freak disappearance after a relatively unremarkable accident, I guess, as car accidents go. He must be within no more than a few miles, imo.

143014056_749900482301742_2284303681671981212_o.jpg

edited still photo of Body Worn Camera of the Trooper who initially responded to the scene showing relative location of articles of clothing and backpack, approximately 900 feet south of crash scene.

I selected this DPS/police photo of Salt Flat Road as I believe it best depicts the country gravel road, and the ditch areas off the roadway, as it would be seen by any passerby heading north or south that night.

It was first reported that JL was believed to be walking towards town or Luling after the crash.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

Assuming that the report of the clothing being 900 feet SOUTH of the accident scene is still accurate (hasn't been contradicted or updated), here's an annotated map.

900 ft away was measured with Google.

The blue marker south of the green box was where Lulingresident6 had marked the location of the search HQ.

Attachments

• crash2.jpg
    crash2.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 111
Assuming that the report of the clothing being 900 feet SOUTH of the accident scene is still accurate (hasn't been contradicted or updated), here's an annotated map.

900 ft away was measured with Google.

The blue marker south of the green box was where Lulingresident6 had marked the location of the search HQ.
Brilliant, thank you @SimplyCass.

Do you think you can add the Cemetery on SFR in relation to the crash site? Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody