TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm so Jason had half a tank of gas. IF he had stopped at Valero as some were wondering, it wasn’t for gas IMO. Also, I’m curious what the wrapper on the back passenger floor is. Looks like packaging for a single dose of OTC medication. Like travel size Advil or caffeine pills just for example. I wonder if him taking something innocent like that could’ve caused an unexpected interaction with anything else he may have consumed that night. Sometimes, two seemingly innocent things when taken together suddenly aren’t so harmless. For the record, some “fun” drugs come like that but I’m sure LE would’ve noticed if that was the case.

Good catch on the possible medication packaging! IF he did take something like a pain reliever, could he have been having a medical event? I know we are discussing the possibility of JL smoking laced weed, etc... but it’s possible there was an underlying medical (physical or mental health) condition that was triggered that night.

This case is starting to remind me of the horrific Diane Schuler / Tacoma Parkway crash. Investigators had her body and toxicology tests to help determine what happened. Yet, the sequence of events was still mysterious.

jmo

Hmm so Jason had half a tank of gas. IF he had stopped at Valero as some were wondering, it wasn’t for gas IMO. Also, I’m curious what the wrapper on the back passenger floor is. Looks like packaging for a single dose of OTC medication. Like travel size Advil or caffeine pills just for example. I wonder if him taking something innocent like that could’ve caused an unexpected interaction with anything else he may have consumed that night. Sometimes, two seemingly innocent things when taken together suddenly aren’t so harmless. For the record, some “fun” drugs come like that but I’m sure LE would’ve noticed if that was the case.

I wouldn't put a lot of significance on the amount of gas in the tank. He may have stopped and only filled it half way. My college age kids were great for doing that knowing when they got home, mom and dad will fill the tank up for them before they leave.

Good catch on the possible medication packaging! IF he did take something like a pain reliever, could he have been having a medical event? I know we are discussing the possibility of JL smoking laced weed, etc... but it’s possible there was an underlying medical (physical or mental health) condition that was triggered that night.

This case is starting to remind me of the horrific Diane Schuler / Tacoma Parkway crash. Investigators had her body and toxicology tests to help determine what happened. Yet, the sequence of events was still mysterious.

jmo
It’s definitely possible something mental or physical was going on with him IMO. Even if the weed was just plain weed, it can trigger existing but unknown schizophrenia sometimes. He would be around the age where it surfaces.

There was also a thread here where a woman in Silicon Valley (Erin Valenti) out of the blue had some sort of manic, psychotic episode and ended up being found in her car deceased. The best they can figure out is that it was a thyroid storm—natural causes. Everyone speculated some kind of drug, but that wasn’t the case.

I'm not sure why the Valero keeps coming up. The timeline says JL entered Luling at 11:24 pm. Google maps may not be the most reliable source, but it suggests the store would have been closed (closes at 11 pm Sun-Thurs). The closest place that would have been open is the Circle K a few blocks south on Magnolia (this would have been in the right direction for heading home). But the half full fuel reading suggests he didn't stop anywhere in Luling, at least not for gas.

I found this 6/6/2020 article from KSAT.com:

"An Austin man who fired more than 50 rounds at two teens on a Caldwell County Road Tuesday told police he was being chased by aliens, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Caldwell Co. Sheriffs Office received a 911 call around 6:08 on Tuesday about two victims down.

Deputies with CCSO identified 18 year old Klayton Manning, a volunteer firefighter for the Southwest Caldwell County Volunteer Fire Department, while Lockhart EMS identified the other victim as 16 year old Landin Robinson. ...

Bryan Haynes, 34, was arrested Thursday after he told family members in Austin that "he was being chased by aliens in an ATV with Fire Department decals", the affidavit states.

The teens, who are cousins, were riding a Fire Department ATV near the 4400 block of Tenney Creek Rd near Tilmon when they encountered Haynes, who told his family members that he shot the two aliens that he described as firefighters with his gun, and emptied two 17 round magazines and two 10 round magazines into the aliens.

Investigators indicated more than 50 9mm cartridge casings were fired at the scene.

Haynes allegedly told family members Tuesday evening that the aliens wouldn't die and he had to shoot them in the middle of the head area to make sure they would die.

Haynes is in the Caldwell County Jail. His bond is set at $500,000."

From Google Earth it appears that the location of JL's car crash and the location of the ATV shootings (just to the East) are less than 5 miles apart (which is pretty close when you consider that there is just not much out there). The article seems to indicate that BH was from Austin, but what was he doing out there even back in June - in the middle of nowhere, near Tilmon, about 10 miles NNE of Luling?

$500,000 is a lot of money, but could the suspect in the ATV shootings have somehow been out on bond and back in the same area around the time of JL's disappearance? The two incidents are probably totally unrelated, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I found this so odd too.... 6 months ago.... a mere 10 MINUTE drive/7 miles away .... seems a bit odd.... locals have said that area of town is so desolate that its a meth haven out there.... i'm starting to lean towards a series of unfortunate events, sinister and/or accidental something that happened that caused this.

I'm not sure why the Valero keeps coming up. The timeline says JL entered Luling at 11:24 pm. Google maps may not be the most reliable source, but it suggests the store would have been closed (closes at 11 pm Sun-Thurs). The closest place that would have been open is the Circle K a few blocks south on Magnolia (this would have been in the right direction for heading home). But the half full fuel reading suggests he didn't stop anywhere in Luling, at least not for gas.
ITA

I believe that there was speculation that was where he was at the last ping, not that he was actually physically at the Valero. Only that it was near the intersection of the last digital footprint.

Here's the new John Lordan update with Jason's dad:

Jason's dad is a former lawyer. John asks him what he thought could have been done differently about the investigation. He says if you don't gather evidence correctly at the beginning, it's gone and useless. As a lawyer, always be preparing for trial. There are so many unanswered questions that unfortunately will not be able to be answered. :(

The accident scene was not processed. Evidence was not properly catalogued and retained. The trail was not followed efficiently, and the scene was possibly contaminated. The scene was not cordoned off. They treated it like it was just a car accident, and Jason would show up soon. Jason's dad just wishes they had treated it with a bit more urgency, especially since it was cold and windy that evening, but he feels like they did their best.

They have searched with drones from the air and on land within a 5 mile radius around the accident scene. The caps for the wells are only 18 inches. Every land owner has searched their land extensively, including any nook and crannies, and continue to do so up to today. Everyone has been very helpful, and he is so thankful to the kindness of strangers.

He genuinely has no idea what happened to his son. It could be anything from a murder to a trafficking (he might have said accident situation-my Wifi is shady right now, so I'm struggling to write this.) There are too many missing pieces, and unknown answers. One person might know something that was present to give the missing puzzle piece. He is looking for as much exposure as possible…

Last edited:
*Ok, correction: this could be everything from a murder to an accident situation. I couldn't delete that bc I ran out of time while trying to correct that. NOT a trafficking situation.

At 37:59, they look at the map and go over that. Apparently, Jason was the type of person who would follow Waze into a brick wall if it directed him to. (Lol).

This was Jason's first semester at Texas State, so he's only driven through that intersection a few times, and he doesn't recall him ever driving at night time. There is also a possibility that the light at the intersection that night was flashing. So unless you recognized where you were, you could easily pass through it.

Jason's dad had Friend Finder on his phone, which is how he found the phone. It was down in an awkward position, like he'd dropped it and couldn't get to it while driving (which could explain why he didn't use the phone after that intersection). Waze won't ping if it's not active. Warrents are still out on Snapchat. We don't know if he sent a Snap or received a Snap, but no one has come forward about Snapchatting him at that time. They could be waiting 18 months for the warrants, all bc they didn't have Jason's code for his phone. His dad could see messages coming in, but couldn't access them. :(

Keys were in the car, driver's side door was open, bc his dad got right into it and got the phone.

Jason's dad found his clothes going back towards Luling, not ahead of the accident scene, at around 5-6 am. They were not in one pile, but in a trail. He thinks they were the clothes Jason was wearing. The officer had found the backpack the previous night, as well as his hat (most likely, dad wasn't sure about his hat). He had blood on the tag of his shorts, too.

His watch was lying flat.

Photo attached is from Jason's dad. Car is facing South. The branches from the trees were inside the car, and the window was broken at the scene.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 17.59.26.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 17.59.26.png
    754.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I think he’s probably out there in the general area, but several things could be making it hard to find him. 1) He could have been paranoid and hid VERY well; 2) He could have passed and hogs got to him—no clothes whatsoever to be left behind; 3) He’s in water and hasn’t surfaced. I truly hope they’re able to find him eventually.

*Ok, correction: this could be everything from a murder to an accident situation. I couldn't delete that bc I ran out of time while trying to correct that. NOT a trafficking situation.

At 37:59, they look at the map and go over that. Apparently, Jason was the type of person who would follow Waze into a brick wall if it directed him to. (Lol).

This was Jason's first semester at Texas State, so he's only driven through that intersection a few times, and he doesn't recall him ever driving at night time. There is also a possibility that the light at the intersection that night was flashing. So unless you recognized where you were, you could easily pass through it.

Jason's dad had friend finder on his phone, which is how he found the phone. It was down in an awkward position, like he'd dropped it and couldn't get to it while driving.
BBM
This describes my husband! Lol.

His dad knows him better than I do, so I’ll take his word for it that he might miss that turn and just honestly make a mistake. Especially since we know Waze was off at that time. But I still can’t believe he would just keep going for sooooo long on that obviously wrong, desolate road unless something else was happening. No way, IMO. I think it’s likely something was going on BEFORE going onto Salt Flat. JMO

The drugs: it was a handful of joints for personal use. This has been so hurtful to Jason's family and the implications by media that have been made. He was a college kid going through Covid, not a drug dealer or a mule. (His dad is SO sweet, and I'd like to personally apologize for mentioning this as a possibility here on this forum. I'm sorry, Mr. Landry.) :( He doesn't think the MJ is important. There was not a half-smoked joint in the car or ashes found.

They are testing for DNA on some items, but Dad's not sure what.

He always travels with the fish. One of the searchers ran over the container it was in, after it had gotten set on the side of the road by a trooper.

I took away from this that Jason's dad thinks it's a bit more nefarious than him walking away with a head injury. I certainly hope not, and hope his family finds some answers.

BBM
This describes my husband! Lol.

His dad knows him better than I do, so I’ll take his word for it that he might miss that turn and just honestly make a mistake. Especially since we know Waze was off at that time. But I still can’t believe he would just keep going for sooooo long on that obviously wrong, desolate road unless something else was happening. No way, IMO. I think it’s likely something was going on BEFORE going onto Salt Flat. JMO

His dad said the same thing, and that he knows with certainty that Jason would realize that as soon as he hit a dirt road he would need to turn around immediately. He is concerned that something happened at the intersection, that he was chased down that road, or that he ran into someone doing something sketchy down that road after he missed his turn.

Some interesting entries here.

Guess I'm not meant to see the comments on the FB page his dad made. :( All it allows me to see are 2 comments for every post that has comments, even if there are more than 2. Clicking on 'View 16 more comments', for instance, doesn't do anything. I've tried right-clicking to open in a new window and when I do that and click on 'View 16 comments' it shows that there are none to see. Not even the 2 FB allows me to see on the original page. God I hate FB. lol Oh well. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody