TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm not meant to see the comments on the FB page his dad made. :( All it allows me to see are 2 comments for every post that has comments, even if there are more than 2. Clicking on 'View 16 more comments', for instance, doesn't do anything. I've tried right-clicking to open in a new window and when I do that and click on 'View 16 comments' it shows that there are none to see. Not even the 2 FB allows me to see on the original page. God I hate FB. lol Oh well. :(
Have you clicked on the column underneath the area where it says the amount of comments and shares?

Usually that option says "most relevant" but if you click on that you get the options of most relevant, newest and all comments. And all comments is what you want.

There is a new plan for a search a couple of weekends from now. They will line up like Equusearch does, and search the land again. Open to the public.

Excellent interview!
Thank you @swedeheart for summarizing this for us! I haven’t had time to watch the interview yet. I am going to try to volunteer for the search. I’m so happy they’re doing it!
I feel bad for his family about all the drug speculation, but how could there not be with media reporting a backpack “filled with narcotics”? o_O That was irresponsible. But the fact that some MJ was indeed found in his stuff, LE saying they’re having it tested for hallucinogens and the odd stripping of all his clothes and leaving behind his stuff in the road does make one at least consider that drugs could have played a part here. I think it’s a logical speculation. It may or may not be the case. But yeah, I think it’s a stretch to say he was into anything more than being a normal college kid who smokes weed.

I watched Jason's father speak yesterday in a great interview with John Lordan. John asked about the fact that the son didn't say he was coming home that particular day. Kent seemed uncomfortable with this question. That IS an odd thing to do. Jason was only 1/4 of the way home with only a few personal items. He started out at 11 pmish--very late. His father mentioned that sometimes students hang around campus for a few days after finals. I know I did. Did the son intend to drive all the way home that night, or was he traveling at this late hour to Luling for another purpose? Did he intend to return to the dorm afterwards? The fact that he turned off the Waze IN TOWN and switched to an app that has disappearing messages makes it seem as if this was his destination. Did he meet someone at an intersection for something, or at a gas station, and get hijacked? Did this person drive out into the country immediately to do something nefarious to Jason where no one would see? Did another car meet the "bad guy" out there and pick him/them up afterwards? Just something to think about. Yes, he had his fish and toothbrush, but was he going to hang out with a new friend for a few days to play video games and do xyz? Just something to think about. Maybe he was required to be out of the dorms (don't they close for breaks?), but maybe he intended to go to Luling, do XYZ, then return to a friend's house back at college before finally going home. College breaks are 3 weeks. Most kids don't want to spend all three weeks with mom and dad. I know this is an odd scenario, but this entire situation is very odd so the speculation will also be odd. If Jason went to Luling do something illegal, his friends at college are NOT going to volunteer this information for obvious reasons.

Guess I'm not meant to see the comments on the FB page his dad made. :( All it allows me to see are 2 comments for every post that has comments, even if there are more than 2. Clicking on 'View 16 more comments', for instance, doesn't do anything. I've tried right-clicking to open in a new window and when I do that and click on 'View 16 comments' it shows that there are none to see. Not even the 2 FB allows me to see on the original page. God I hate FB. lol Oh well. :(

if you're on the app, it's probably as "most relevant" is chosen. Try choosing "All Comments" if possible.

Attachments

• C03438D1-1020-47BE-8A7A-A50F369D9114.jpeg
    C03438D1-1020-47BE-8A7A-A50F369D9114.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 32
@swedeheart Thank you for detailing Mr. Landry's recent interview.

He does not want his son to be known as the college student who disappeared after drugs were found in his car. I totally get it. He believes the weed was in his car, just like his other personal belongings were. Just there, but not part of the story.

I still believe there's a reason LE mentioned potential laced drugs. I thought it was a nod to Jason's family when LE mentioned in the press release the media reporting on the drugs was not accurate (I take issue with that as well). I hope this means Jason's family still has a good relationship with LE right now. It's common (IMO) for a relationship to breakdown between families and LE after a certain point.

I was curious how his clothes were found. Apparently in a trail, according to his dad. I was chatting with a SAR friend and they recovered a missing deceased hiker in 20 degree snowy weather who did in fact undress. The clothes were actually in a neat pile, with the contents of the pockets removed and placed on top. They could tell how at one point the hiker was frantic in their steps by the tracks in the snow. They even tried to burn their gloves. I don't at all think this was the case with Jason, but found it interesting.

I'm happy to hear there will be an upcoming search again in the area. It appears they will be walking shoulder to shoulder. Go slow, go steady. IMO

Have you clicked on the column underneath the area where it says the amount of comments and shares?

Usually that option says "most relevant" but if you click on that you get the options of most relevant, newest and all comments. And all comments is what you want.
Yes, I have. I hate when a computer thinks its smarter than me so I get pretty determined and can usually figure out ways to outsmart them. Been this way for decades. lol
My guess is because I'm viewing a page while not logged onto FB so FB is limiting me. I don't have a FB account to log onto. I know.... *gasp*!!!! I don't have a cell phone either. *double GASP*!!! :eek::eek:

Yes, I have. I hate when a computer thinks its smarter than me so I get pretty determined and can usually figure out ways to outsmart them. Been this way for decades. lol
My guess is because I'm viewing a page while not logged onto FB so FB is limiting me. I don't have a FB account to log onto. I know.... *gasp*!!!! I don't have a cell phone either. *double GASP*!!! :eek::eek:
It’s a good thing not to be on FB—I just recently gave in and got an account only because of work stuff, and it is AWFUL. No cell phone though?! I can’t imagine! :p

Looking at the front of the car what is the dark mark on the front bumper? A license plate holder? Damage from the bumper of another vehicle? Notice the scratches that run from left to right along the hood of the car?
Yes that’s where the front license plate goes. In Texas you have to have front and back plates. It must have gotten knocked off in crash.

Thanks but nothing works. Likely because I do not have a FB account to log on with so FB is limiting me. *mutters under my breath*

@Gemmie, I also do not have a FB account but I can typically view public pages such as news networks, missing person public pages including Jason's Missing Person page.

I saw and read about 20 comments last night and I just viewed the page again and 39 comments are currently visible. I am using a laptop computer. I can't see FB pages from my phone as the same requires the FB app which I don't have or intend to download.

For those looking for the "interesting" comments, there are a couple of screenshots that were posted 19 hours ago.

We can't discuss the content of comments on the thread so please don't ask.

ETA: add link

Missing Person - Jason Landry

Last edited:
@SimplyCass great job on creating the map. I’m a visual person so it really helps!:)
Do you know about where the 900ft (his belongings were found) is in reference to the other places you have plotted onto the map?
(Ex: before the abandoned house or after? Closer to the HQ? Etc)

Jason Landry - Google My Maps

I've updated the Google map to mark the area 900 feet south of the accident site. It is quite close to the area that Lulingresident6 marked as the search HQ.

I also added the cemetery location (mentioned here), the Retreats apt complex, and fixed the routing a bit. I also added the turn JL would have taken to connect to I-10.

@Gemmie, I also do not have a FB account but I can typically view public pages such as news networks, missing person public pages including Jason's Missing Person page.

I saw and read about 20 comments last night and I just viewed the page again and 39 comments are currently visible. I am using a laptop computer. I can't see FB pages from my phone as the same requires the FB app which I don't have or intend to download.

Very interesting. I said I get determined when a computer acts like it's smarter than I am so kept at this. Oddly Chrome (my default browser) is the one limiting me from viewing all the comments, yet Microsoft Edge isn't blocking me. Usually Chrome is my browser of choice.

Adding something else in the event others have had the same problem... Another thing I noticed is if I'm not getting the search results I want by Googling something... I try with Bing (which I normally can't stand). Oddly I got ZERO results Googling something the other day, so copied and pasted my search into Bing and Voila! Thousands of results! That one blew my mind. It was a pretty detailed search using Boolean search operators/modifiers but Google normally handles those kinds of searches just fine. Just a FYI if you ever run into a wall... just try another way. :cool:

Looking at the front of the car what is the dark mark on the front bumper? A license plate holder? Damage from the bumper of another vehicle? Notice the scratches that run from left to right along the hood of the car?
My guess it is dirt behind the front license plate. The plate was either torn off in the accident or removed from the car by or for his parents. That's common when a car is going to be disposed of. The owner keeps the license plates in most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody