TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scanner is in private forums, parking lot, scanner chatter. Read the scanner rules first! No discussion in there at all. No discussing up here anything from down there.
Yes, I had no idea we had a scanner thread until almost 4 yrs ago, Libby and Abby , Delphi case. LOL Now I check in there a lot.

I see no benefit in that. The issue is not the speed or even the cause of the accident; None of these will tell us where he is now. Also, most accident investigators are retired DPS and these details won't really tell us if he wandered off in the woods or walked 5 miles and wandered off.
Have you got a link for any of that please?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I have not finished the entire interview. I'm at ~0:38:30 and they are looking at the map and at the intersection where JL turned off Waze and turned on Snapchat. At 11:24pm JL entered Luling passed through an intersection and stopped using Waze.

The host says:

"For some reason, pretty early on in the trip, he wasn’t even 1/4 of the way home and Waze gets shut off and he starts using Snapchat at this particular intersection. Kinda strange."

Also note that his parents were not expecting him home. His dad said "Not that particular day, he hadn’t told us yet." when asked by the host if Jason had told them that he was going home that evening.

The thing that came to me (because he wasn’t necessarily going home that evening) was that Waze got him as far as he needed to go, and was then started Snapchatting with someone to be informed where to go next. Apparently there's a Snap Map.

Snap Map allows users to share their location in real-time with anyone on their Snapchat friend list.

Maybe this is why he turned off Waze and turned on Snapchat. He was told to go to that intersection, and then turn on Snapchat to direct him where he was supposed to go next. This sounds like a good way to meet up for a drug deal if Seller and/or buyer don’t want their home location revealed. Just go out on the street somewhere and that’s your 'location' (if that's how it works, I don't use it and Googled for illicit ways it could be used which is how I stumbled upon SnapMap). He also could have been meeting someone that had nothing to do with a drug deal, but still wanted to be anonymous for reasons unbeknown by us.

This makes me think it's possible his "missed turn" wasn't a missed turn at all, and he intended to go the way he did.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I have not finished the entire interview. I'm at ~0:38:30 and they are looking at the map and at the intersection where JL turned off Waze and turned on Snapchat. At 11:24pm JL entered Luling passed through an intersection and stopped using Waze.

The host says:

"For some reason, pretty early on in the trip, he wasn’t even 1/4 of the way home and Waze gets shut off and he starts using Snapchat at this particular intersection. Kinda strange."

Also note that his parents were not expecting him home. His dad said "Not that particular day, he hadn’t told us yet." when asked by the host if Jason had told them that he was going home that evening.

The thing that came to me (because he wasn’t necessarily going home that evening) was that Waze got him as far as he needed to go, and was then started Snapchatting with someone to be informed where to go next. Apparently there's a Snap Map.

Snap Map allows users to share their location in real-time with anyone on their Snapchat friend list.

Maybe this is why he turned off Waze and turned on Snapchat. He was told to go to that intersection, and then turn on Snapchat to direct him where he was supposed to go next. This sounds like a good way to meet up for a drug deal if Seller and/or buyer don’t want their home location revealed. Just go out on the street somewhere and that’s your 'location' (if that's how it works, I don't use it and Googled for illicit ways it could be used which is how I stumbled upon SnapMap). He also could have been meeting someone that had nothing to do with a drug deal, but still wanted to be anonymous for reasons unbeknown by us.

Also, sounds like it's possible his "missed turn" wasn't a missed turn at all and he intended to go the way he did.
Good points, but the main thing that makes me think he was going home or back to Missouri City was that he brought his pet betta fish with him in a tumbler. If he had planned on going back to his apt. in SM after this meeting/rendezvous I think he would have left the fish there....JMO...

Good points, but the main thing that makes me think he was going home or back to Missouri City was that he brought his pet betta fish with him in a tumbler. If he had planned on going back to his apt. in SM after this meeting/rendezvous I think he would have left the fish there....JMO...
Strange that the press release stated definitively that he was on his way home.

Thanks for bringing that up. Yeah, I thought of that too but forgot to include my thought in my post. lol

Maybe he planned to spend the night wherever it is he was going.

Strange that the press release stated definitively that he was on his way home.

The press release may have said that but his father did not say he was definitely going home. I made a transcript of that part of the video, along with all the um's and uh's (sometimes they can be important. I had to do this for work once and the pauses, uh's, throat clearing, etc., really helped make the case). Just thought I'd mention that in the event anyone wonders why I included them. I was going to do one more pass but since it got brought up now... and I need to do something about dinner soon... you get my nearly final transcript. :)

~0:23 In response to whether or not they knew he was coming home that night:

*fidgeted in his seat* Not that particular day, he hadn’t told us yet. Um, so Jason had just finished finals. Um, and, uh, I know that, and I would say the same, I did the same, and other were my kids in college (stumbled his words there so hard to get his point), you don’t, sometimes you go directly home immediately after finals, sometimes you take a day or so, maybe hang out with some friends or do something. He was still in that phase so he was coming home... (voice goes up on the word 'home', like stating a question) As to which day it was… you know, we didn’t care. One of the particulars that maybe kinda really truly answers the question, his big sister, uh who is married and uh lives in Chicago, uh, she was coming home for Christmas, and so both the brothers, frankly, both of them are in college, uh, my two boys, um, were waiting till their sister came home.

To be there for when their sister comes home for the whole family. Until then we were just mom and dad at home waiting for the kids. So, you know, that was true for both the boys and I-I-I don’t care, you know I just, you know, when <breaks to next sentence> Christmas hadn’t started for our family yet. For me as a working Pastor, um, Christmas is a busy season, so, you know, we told the kids, ‘Hey, just, you know, come home when you’re done with finals, um, and uh, you know, Christmas starts when the whole family is together and we weren’t there yet, so…

The press release may have said that but his father did not say he was definitely going home. I made a transcript of that part of the video, along with all the um's and uh's (sometimes they can be important. I had to do this for work once and the pauses, uh's, throat clearing, etc., really helped make the case). Just thought I'd mention that in the event anyone wonders why I included them. I was going to do one more pass but since it got brought up now... and I need to do something about dinner soon... you get my nearly final transcript. :)

*fidgeted in his seat* Not that particular day, he hadn’t told us yet. Um, so Jason had just finished finals. Um, and, uh, I know that, and I would say the same, I did the same, and other were my kids in college (stumbled his words there so hard to get his point), you don’t, sometimes you go directly home immediately after finals, sometimes you take a day or so, maybe hang out with some friends or do something. He was still in that phase so he was coming home... (voice goes up on the word 'home', like stating a question) As to which day it was… you know, we didn’t care. One of the particulars that maybe kinda really truly answers the question, his big sister, uh who is married and uh lives in Chicago, uh, she was coming home for Christmas, and so both the brothers, frankly, both of them are in college, uh, my two boys, um, were waiting till their sister came home.

To be there for when their sister comes home for the whole family. Until then we were just mom and dad at home waiting for the kids. So, you know, that was true for both the boys and I-I-I don’t care, you know I just, you know, when <breaks to next sentence> Christmas hadn’t started for our family yet. For me as a working Pastor, um, Christmas is a busy season, so, you know, we told the kids, ‘Hey, just, you know, come home when you’re done with finals, um, and uh, you know, Christmas starts when the whole family is together and we weren’t there yet, so…
ETC
I watched it twice yesterday, no transcript required, thanks though..

I don't think he was planning on going back home immediately after whatever it is he was doing because of the fact he brought his fish. I'm just not convinced that his parents house was his immediate destination.

I see no benefit in that. The issue is not the speed or even the cause of the accident; None of these will tell us where he is now. Also, most accident investigators are retired DPS and these details won't really tell us if he wandered off in the woods or walked 5 miles and wandered off.
I disagree.. he’s not been found. Scene wasn’t treated like anything other than an accident. I’m not sure they’d know if a car forced him off the road. If so, that could give possible insight into where he is. And, if they could recreate the accident they could tell the speed and impact and potential injury and determine how far he could have walked. Then determine search area. Right now, it doesn’t seem like he could’ve succumbed to hyperthermia in 67 minutes. And it doesn’t seem like he would’ve had a life threatening head injury because the car did have an air bag and it did not deploy. So I’m leaning to foul play. Someone could’ve planted his car there. Personally still have brick on gas pedal and car pointed to the trees open in my mind. Most likely he was run off the road. I’d love someone to look at the photos and explain the tracks and lack of spin and the only non rusted spots car. Paint transfer rather than tree bark scratch?
upload_2021-2-6_21-31-33.jpeg
A few things have been mentioned in this thread that we can’t discuss the contents of. Namely, the scanner thread. Have a listen and see what you think.

ETC
I watched it twice yesterday, no transcript required, thanks though..

You're welcome. The transcript was for everyone. It's something I had planned on posting after dinner, or tomorrow, once I had one more pass at it, but decided to do it earlier since the topic got brought up. :)

Last edited:
If I decided (for whatever reason) to head out at 10:30pm for home, I probably wouldn’t have called or even texted my parents. I would assume my parents were asleep/in bed.

Thanks for doing this... I wanted to do a transcript but not my gift. I just knew he wasn’t going home. I do wonder if he made it clear to anyone where he was going or if it was really unknown.

Thanks for doing this... I wanted to do a transcript but not my gift. I just knew he wasn’t going home. I do wonder if he made it clear to anyone where he was going or if it was really unknown.

You're very welcome. Glad you posted this because it made me remember something I forgot and was on the tip of my tongue. I gave up figuring it would eventually come back to me in due time. LOL

And it did! LOL What I wondered, and wished the host had asked him (he might have, I haven't finished the interview), is if he normally informs his parents of his intentions to go home, or if he just shows up without any heads up, or is it a mixture of both? I would love to know the answer to that.

Was that brought up/answered @kittythehare ?

I

I totally agree that this was an interesting moment. The body language was very telling. Kent was obviously uncomfortable with the question, and the words that follow it don't make a lot of sense and go on and on. Why is that? The Landry's seem like the type of parents who wouldn't want their son driving in the middle of the night, and they also seem like parents who would want to know their son was coming home for practical reasons. Surely, Jason knew this, too. Maybe they feel that this wasn't "normal" behavior for Jason, and this worries them, but the options aren't as wholesome as "son gets waylaid on his way home for Christmas." Pot, scruffy appearances, and "long hair" embarrassed Kent and he felt the need to justify them in the interview. I think they worry about their son's reputation and their own, a bit, and are also concerned that the police won't take his disappearance seriously if he was doing something "bad" with new friends or hanging out with a romantic interest for a few days. There are other things I can't mention here that worry me even more and probably worried them.

You're very welcome. Glad you posted this because it made me remember something I forgot and was on the tip of my tongue. I gave up figuring it would eventually come back to me in due time. LOL

And it did! LOL What I wondered, and wished the host had asked him (he might have, I haven't finished the interview), is if he normally informs his parents of his intentions to go home, or if he just shows up without any heads up, or is it a mixture of both? I would love to know the answer to that.

I listened to it all and what he said was that the boys come home or were planning to be there when their sister arrived. I don’t believe he mentioned the date when the sister was going to be there but they did not expect him yet.

There are two bys and 1 girl in the family.
The two boys are both in college, one studying something highly technical. their sister lives in another state but she was coming for Christmas too, the boys usually co-ordinated their visit timing with hers because they all liked to share all their time together.
I'm not sure what date she arrived and I don't recall the programme addressing it. But the plan was vague because it would depend upon her arrival date and as close as possible to that.
They seem to be a really happy united family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member