TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

“The small amount of marijuana is being held with findings pending on whether it was combined with an unknown hallucinogenic substance.”

Surely these test results of the marijuana are back by now. How long could this take?

Also this seems not to be a search volunteers can participate in again...o_O

eta. It’s good they’re searching again though.

I hope they search the wells as well. Not thinking that he climbed into one of them... but he could have been put into one of them...

"TEXSAR members have volunteered over 2,000 hours and counting to the search and investigation since the accident. Their initial deployment encompassed nine days of ground search, and three days of aerial search spanning almost 50 square miles.The large-scale search was initially concluded in late December, but small searches have continued."

Search for Jason Landry resumes Friday Feb. 26 at 8 a.m.

I have to think that LE requested this return search because all of their investigations have not led them down any other viable paths. That looking into his friends, school, activities prior to this trip has not turned up any leads to follow. I especially took notice of their mention of human remains K-9's.

I’m so glad to hear the news of further searches! I hope they’ll extend well past the original 2 mile radius as well. I really truly believe JL is near the accident site, just farther out than believed originally. Renewing prayer efforts.

I hope they search the wells as well. Not thinking that he climbed into one of them... but he could have been put into one of them...

i still doubt that, as the well openings in that area are reported as being 18" wide. The only way he could be in there would be...yeah I don't want to say it out loud.

And tanks

Thank you for clearing that up @diggndeeperstill!!! I actually meant tanks. Can ya tell I'm not a Texan? I don't know oil field terminology. lol A while back I got a Chris Watts vibe about this case so definitely check the tanks. There should never be a lot of assumptions that this or that couldn't have happened or you could very well miss solving a case. Check it ALL.

i still doubt that, as the well openings in that area are reported as being 18" wide. The only way he could be in there would be...yeah I don't want to say it out loud.

I meant the tanks as diggn pointed out. Although... I still think 18" is enough to fall down. One wrong step and down you go. Not gracefully either.... lots of hitting & scraping against all 4 sides.

Is the fact that he was unclothed make it more difficult to find remains visually? Would a person looking for him have a better chance of finding him if there were clothes present?
In general, a colour is a useful focus if one happens to know what the person was wearing when they disappeared.
At this stage I think it's a recovery operation and that will involve a lot of deep searching and scent searching too.
I think that is why only trained searchers are permitted.
A considerable amount of decomposition will have occurred in this interval.

I keep going back to the discarded clothing. From footage I've seen of people on the drug; those using PCP end up shedding clothing because they are overheating.

Yet PCP is definitely not a part of college drug culture or commonly used by those in a similar socioeconomic status as Jason. It's a conundrum. Additionally why would Jason use such a powerful substance 1) alone without a "babysitter" and 2) on a road trip. That's a recipe for disaster. Unless he didn't know about it....

Drug dealers are businessmen (and women). They don't just give away free psychedelic substances at random with a cannabis purchase. Dealers want you to come back and a surprise dose of PCP or any psychedelic is just bad business.

As more time has passed without finding Jason; I'm beginning to open up to the possibility that the car crash was staged and a crime occured elsewhere.

There is no evidence that a crime occurred, anywhere, or that it is not all just as it appears.
I think the small quantity of weed is just that, a small quantity of weed.
IF it is a thing that it was spiked, I'd be looking at his acquaintances and wondering who had access to him and hs weed rather than looking at a dealer.

I keep going back to the discarded clothing. From footage I've seen of people on the drug; those using PCP end up shedding clothing because they are overheating.

Yet PCP is definitely not a part of college drug culture or commonly used by those in a similar socioeconomic status as Jason. It's a conundrum. Additionally why would Jason use such a powerful substance 1) alone without a "babysitter" and 2) on a road trip. That's a recipe for disaster. Unless he didn't know about it....

Drug dealers are businessmen (and women). They don't just give away free psychedelic substances at random with a cannabis purchase. Dealers want you to come back and a surprise dose of PCP or any psychedelic is just bad business.

As more time has passed without finding Jason; I'm beginning to open up to the possibility that the car crash was staged and a crime occured elsewhere.
IMHO, would be really beneficial to have that car dusted for fingerprints and other evidence....UNLESS LE know more than they are telling us. Which, by the way, when was that auction?

If they don't find him in the next 3 days it will definitely be perplexing.
Is it possible to tell from his damaged car if someone could've rammed him from behind causing the wreck? If he was being chased. Maybe the rear end damage wasn't just caused by the tree. MOO

It's encouraging that they've committed to 3 days for a search and with all of the resources they've listed. Hopefully they will find him. As the parent of a young adult the same age I'm hoping the family will get some long awaited answers. There is no "closure", but not knowing must be an agony like no other I can imagine.

IMHO, would be really beneficial to have that car dusted for fingerprints and other evidence....UNLESS LE know more than they are telling us. Which, by the way, when was that auction?

The auction date was pushed out to 3/6. Unsure if people are bidding now or not, or if you need to wait till the auction date (or maybe that's when it closes?). I could have sworn I saw $250 at one point, now it's $350.

Inventory

Jason Landry update: Texas Search and Rescue launching new search | khou.com

According to TEXSAR, its initial search spanned nine days of ground search and three days of aerial search over about 31,680 acres with more than 100 professionally-trained volunteers.

The search teams included:

• search-and-rescue K9s trained in live find and human remains detection
  • the TEXSAR Mounted Search and Rescue Team
  • UAV/drones
  • experts in ground search and rescue and man tracking
  • side-scan sonar
  • water search resources
  • ATVs
The latest search will kick off on Friday at 8 a.m. It will include more than 100 TEXSAR members who will utilize search-and-rescue K9s trained in human remains detection, the TEXSAR Mounted Search and Rescue Team, UAV/drones, experts in ground search and rescue, side-scan sonar, water search resources and helicopter.

Volunteers have now spent more than 2,000 hours in this investigation.

Anyone with more information about Landry's disappearance is asked to call the sheriff's office at 512-398-6777, ext. 4516.

If they don't find him in the next 3 days it will definitely be perplexing.
Is it possible to tell from his damaged car if someone could've rammed him from behind causing the wreck? If he was being chased. Maybe the rear end damage wasn't just caused by the tree. MOO
The pictures of the damaged car just don't support the pushed off the road theory. There are pictures of the rear bumper cover which was ripped off the car when it hit the tree, It wasn't scraped up. The trunk lid wasn't pushed up as it would be from a rear impact. Those pictures were from the ow yard, not the auction.

The auction date was pushed out to 3/6. Unsure if people are bidding now or not, or if you need to wait till the auction date (or maybe that's when it closes?). I could have sworn I saw $250 at one point, now it's $350.

Inventory
Scrap value of the car is probably no more than $1000. It looks like a dealer license is not necessary to bid (some auctions in some states require a dealer license to bid).
Most likely the winning bidder will be a salvage yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13