TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know the night was cold. So why assume that Jason stripped himself naked?
Because Jason was seen in a pic before he left wearing those same clothes. I think it’s most logical that since he was wearing them and now they’re all in the road down to underwear that he was naked. I mean, he could have changed clothes in the road and then disappeared, but why? And while it’s possible he was forced to strip and then killed, it’s still most logical to me that he stripped off his clothes and disappeared.

I agree. Occams razor. A head injury explains everything.

The question is - where is he?
A head injury would explain a lot. And no blood needed.
So would a bad reaction to a drug like adhd meds, synthetic MJ etc.. It could make someone do weird things— panic, flee (off road in remote areas), strip clothes. It could cause one to wreck a car, have a seizure. I think a bad drug reaction could also explain everything. He could have gone farther than they searched or be in water or burrowed somewhere.

eta. Like a head injury, a bad drug reaction could also cause death.

Last edited:

Huh? Occams razor? A head injury explains everything??????

Everything except your own question:
"The question is - where is he?"

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor explain the absence of blood in the car?

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor explain the two separate piles of clothes at least 900 feet from the car?

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor explain that although you say JL suffered a life-ending injury in the crash, there's no body near that crash site?

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor derive that after suffering a fatal head injury, JL dug himself a grave, somehow covered himself up with dirt and only then died?

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor explain the two separate piles of clothes at least 900 feet from the car?

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor explain that although you say JL suffered a life-ending injury in the crash, there's no body near that crash site?

Respectfully, how does Occam's razor derive that after suffering a fatal head injury, JL dug himself a grave, somehow covered himself up with dirt and only then died?
A fatal head injury doesn’t require blood. There are actually quite a few threads on WS of people not being found for a very long time after walking away from a crash and succumbing to injuries. They’re often found in water.

Who said regarding Nathan Heathco: "So he walked to a store and then continued walking? He couldn’t have been that injured then."

Anyway, its true that both your cases - Heathco and Lang - involved car crashes and subsequent drownings in rivers, but there is no evidence that that either of them suffered any head injury.

Here there is no evidence of water to drown in.

In those two cases, the missing person's belongings were not found in two different places hundreds of yards from the crash site.

Here, JL's belongs were found in two different places hundreds of years from the crash site.

Hope against hope JL will turn up alive and well.

Who said regarding Nathan Heathco: "So he walked to a store and then continued walking? He couldn’t have been that injured then."

Anyway, its true that both your cases - Heathco and Lang - involved car crashes and subsequent drownings in rivers, but there is no evidence that that either of them suffered any head injury.

Here there is no evidence of water to drown in.

In those two cases, the missing person's belongings were not found in two different places hundreds of yards from the crash site.

Here, JL's belongs were found in two different places hundreds of years from the crash site.

Hope against hope JL will turn up alive and well.
Lol I did say that! :oops: But it turns out he WAS that injured. It happens even as surprising as it is.
I think there are many strange things about Jason’s disappearance, and I’m not ruling out foul play at all. But I also won’t be surprised if he is eventually found somewhere in the general area having succumbed to injuries or more likely IMO, a drug related event. Maybe hypothermia after being in the cold (cold enough) weather all night naked, Especially if wet. There are a quite few ponds and creeks/rivers. Also drowning is a possibility.
But since he’s still missing everything should be considered and investigated.

I believe Jason will one day be located -- and not too far from the crash scene. I think it was a perfect storm for Jason -- and his death accidental.

Sadly, many accidental drug/alcohol-related deaths first believed OD's are not. An autopsy later confirms no lethal amount of drug detected and the cause of death actually hypothermia or asphyxiation (i.e., victim falls asleep/vomits).

I'm reminded of a 21-year-old co-ed in Iowa: O. Chutich was found unconscious, in the parking lot outside her sorority in January. Cause of death - acute alcohol intoxication/hypothermia.

Students and perfect storms happen.... :(

Iowa State Univ. student died of intoxication and hypothermia | 5newsonline.com.

Because Jason was seen in a pic before he left wearing those same clothes. I think it’s most logical that since he was wearing them and now they’re all in the road down to underwear that he was naked. I mean, he could have changed clothes in the road and then disappeared, but why? And while it’s possible he was forced to strip and then killed, it’s still most logical to me that he stripped off his clothes and disappeared.
I thought that a change of clothes before departure is possible- it was chilly out, changed into warmer clothes, and stuck the clothes in the backpack. The underwear doesn't really fit that scenario, unless he figured he'd just throw everything in the wash when he got to his destination. Then, maybe disoriented and walking, he dug through the backpack looking for his phone. (I only quoted you because it's the most recent post discussing the clothes- all theories are pretty fair game at this point!).

I believe Jason will one day be located -- and not too far from the crash scene. I think it was a perfect storm for Jason -- and his death accidental.

Sadly, many accidental drug/alcohol-related deaths first believed OD's are not. An autopsy later confirms no lethal amount of drug detected and the cause of death actually hypothermia or asphyxiation (i.e., victim falls asleep/vomits).

I'm reminded of a 21-year-old co-ed in Iowa: O. Chutich was found unconscious, in the parking lot outside her sorority in January. Cause of death - acute alcohol intoxication/hypothermia.

Students and perfect storms happen.... :(

Iowa State Univ. student died of intoxication and hypothermia | 5newsonline.com.

I agree. Whether it was alcohol/drugs or a head injury or some combination thereof, I think accidental misadventure is by far the likeliest explanation. He's most likely in water somewhere or concealed somewhere that he ended up in voluntarily (an unused outbuilding, a heavily vegetated area, a well/hole he fell down).

I thought that a change of clothes before departure is possible- it was chilly out, changed into warmer clothes, and stuck the clothes in the backpack. The underwear doesn't really fit that scenario, unless he figured he'd just throw everything in the wash when he got to his destination. Then, maybe disoriented and walking, he dug through the backpack looking for his phone. (I only quoted you because it's the most recent post discussing the clothes- all theories are pretty fair game at this point!).
Another indication that JL was wearing the clothes in the picture was the small amount of blood found in the waistband of his underwear. LE surmised that JL may has sustained the injury from the barbwire fence when exiting the vehicle as the driver's side door was up against the fence.

Another indication that JL was wearing the clothes in the picture was the small amount of blood found in the waistband of his underwear. LE surmised that JL may has sustained the injury from the barbwire fence when exiting the vehicle as the driver's side door was up against the fence.
Totally correct- I forgot that detail : )

The 67 minutes is confusing....

Could Jason have pulled off somewhere to smoke? Or to nap? Then continued onward, thinking he was going back toward the intersection not farther from it? Could he have had a somatic hallucination? Like bugs crawling on him causing the swerve, the overcorrection and the ensuing crash, only to want to strip down as if to jump in a pond? Like someone trying to outrun a hiveful of stinging wasps? And maybe he DID find that pond .... which would've been dang cold and could've shocked him lucid, only to be naked --- now naked, wet and cold -- and unable to remember where he left his car....

And in that state, hypothermia would be next....

Just speculating out loud

Another head injury case is the tragic one of Noah Donohoe, he stripped naked and was eventually found dead in a storm drain. Altered states can cause extreme reactions - he could have crawled or hidden in a space no one would suspect anyone to even get into and I hope he is found soon

There are various types of head injuries and sadly they can be fatal. However not all fatal head injuries mean the presents of blood. Also some fatal head injuries involve internal bleeding.
Here’s some different types of head injuries.
Head Injury: Types, Causes, and Symptoms
One type listed is
Diffuse axonal injury (injury to the brain that doesn’t cause bleeding but does damage the brain cells.) Though it isn’t as outwardly visible as other forms of brain injury, a diffuse axonal injury is one of the most dangerous types of head injuries. DAI is a common consequence of transportation crashes.

In one of Jason’s threads, there have been several maps posted of the area where the accident occurred. There’s bodies of water including ponds and creeks.
Jason’s Media, Maps, No Discussion Thread also has several articles that shared the bodies of water being searched and how it is believed it’s quite possible Jason was injured during the wreck and walked away, disappearing.
A small amount of blood was found in his car. A small amount was also found in the waistband of his underwear (possibly cutting himself on the barbed wire).

Jason may not have wandered off and succumbed to injuries from a car wreck; he may not have wandered off due to an altered state due to a drug...but there is a big possibility (IMO) that something of this sort did happen and sadly Jason will be found not far from the accident site (possibly in a body of water, in/under a structure, burrowed somewhere) Again, merely my opinion.

Moo..it is as easy to speed on a gravel road as any other road. Keeping control of auto is where where issue is. The vehicle span...there was no aiming. He would have to be going a decent speed to cause the damage that was. Also it was dark so you do not see the pot holes until last minute, so much less control. When I taught my son to drive I called it dancing with potholes when we playing on the gravel roads...alot swerving to miss them at speed.

I'd like to add that it takes nothing to fishtail on a gravel road over 30mph, if anything appeared on the road (dog/deer/rabbit/pothole) a slight adjustment can go from fishtailing for fun to spinning out and into a tree in a microsecond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member