TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, informative posts, @bombardier. Thank you!

That Jason suffered such a neurological event could explain the bizarre placement of his belongings, more so, IMO, than previously discussed overheating from hypothermia, which he wouldn't have experienced for some time after initial exposure.
I looked up the weather for December 13 & the low was 43 (f) in Luling that night. That makes hypothermia seem a lot less likely imo.
Weather Source:
Luling, TX Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com

While a complex partial (also called a focal awareness impaired) seizure is usually associated with a known diagnosis of epilepsy (vs a one-off seizure in response to stimuli), of course, there are exceptions!
Here is the abstract to a study of patients who developed complex partial seizures following head injury, 16/25 of which had their head trauma later in life.
Here is a case study of a man who developed complex partial seizures following a severe head injury after a road traffic accident.
Here is the abstract to a study of patients who developed odd, complex partial seizures after a relatively minor closed head injury (i.e. a concussion or bruising without loss of consciousness). This one is very interesting to me and I might go try to find the whole article, as the details match up well to Jason's case.
(sorry about all the links and rambling- I've been out of uni since April and I'm itching to research again :D had to hold myself back from using APA citations there)
I have thought from the very beginning that he suffered some type of head injury, even a minor one, that led him to walk away, shed his clothes and belongings and ended up perishing nearby there.
I do think he will be found around the area.
I think he wandered around quite a bit before laying down somewhere.
I feel so bad typing this and my heart just aches for his family.
Where are you Jason ???

1. Remembered to take his all belongings but forgot his iphone - the only thing he really needed?

2. Instead of staying near the roadway and flagging down a passing car for help, he headed into the dark woods?

3. So well Concealed himself in anticipation of dying that the intensive efforts of Texas Equuisearch plus dogs couldnt find him?

No way. I am sticking with third-party wrongdoers.

I have thought from the very beginning that he suffered some type of head injury, even a minor one, that led him to walk away, shed his clothes and belongings and ended up perishing nearby there.
I do think he will be found around the area.
I think he wandered around quite a bit before laying down somewhere.
I feel so bad typing this and my heart just aches for his family.
Where are you Jason ???

I agree. I truly believe this was a tragic accident and Jason will be found somewhere in the surrounding area (possibly underneath something or in a structure of some sort, ...).

His reasoning for taking off his clothes, for not staying with his car, or for possibly wandering off the road can be due to a number of reasons. What exactly? I honestly don’t know.
I do believe after the accident, it’s quite possible he wasn’t thinking clearly, making his reasons for what he may have done hard for someone who is thinking clearly to understand.
Again merely my opinion.

I have thought about this a lot and have wondered if a possible drunk driver caused Jason to swerve off the road. When this first happened, I thought about how his driving in the middle of nowhere might indicate he was thinking/reflecting on life yada yada. I did that a lot as a young adult. I would just sort of drive and let my thoughts run. Looking back, that was incredibly risky thing to do if my car broke down, but I did it fairly often so that was my initial thought why Jason didn't turn around. The phone falls, he thinks he knows the way, realizes he doesn't but just keeps driving letting his thoughts run and assuming the road will reconnect to where he needs to be. He is a bit preoccupied, not fully focused on the road, and a drunk driver is coming at him head on. He swerves and hits the fence. There is no damage to his car indicating another vehicle, but another driver is most definitely responsible for him crashing. I had a close encounter with a wrong way driver and they continued on down the road totally oblivious while I sat completely shook up. I could have wrecked, seemingly on my own to someone after the fact and no one would have known any different but me. If I am not around to tell my story afterward well then the whole situation may just go away. So this leaves me thinking 2 things. Jason crashed and the other driver just keeps going. Jason attempts to walk for help and succumbs to an injury/the elements. Or this driver stops and disappears Jason to get rid of any witness.

So I imagined something like Jason says he is going to call the police but he can't find his phone, Jason is digging for his phone and the driver panics at the possible consequences(maybe they have no license/lots of dui) and says here I will just drive us to the police station, get out of this cold weather... blah blah appearing nice and trustworthy. Jason says ok not realizing this person is intoxicated, grabs his things and gets in a vehicle with this other driver thinking everything is ok, but they harm him and have disposed of him out of the search area. But then I thought what about his clothes? Are they or aren't they folded neatly? It matters on if the driver made Jason undress or they just threw the clothes out their car window after leaving Jason somewhere. And if they made him undress all I could think was it was at gunpoint and the why is maybe because this person was worried about dna and didn't really understand how it works? Maybe they foolishly believed the clothes were all that could gather dna. I don't know. That has me a bit stumped, BUT then I thought a person staging would throw them all over. If Jason was ordered to undress perhaps he put them in a neat pile as a signal to authorities/his dad that something was not right about this disappearance. Finally I thought about Jason's clothes being south of his vehicle and then about the possible theory of a drunk driver. So they are heading south, have the encounter with Jason, they get him in their car and they head north to either a spot they know or to find a spot away from the crash and dispose of Jason, then turn back around head towards wherever they were headed prior to the crash and throw the bag and clothes out the window and disappear into the night. The clothes being placed or thrown matter to me as far as which direction he may be. If there is another driver and they were who dumped his belongings and clothes then it makes sense they drop them after leaving Jason wherever he is hidden. There isn't much distance between the crash and his belongings so it seems more likely to me they head north with Jason and then turn back towards their destination and drop his things on their way, PLUS this leads investigators in the opposite direction of where his body is located. That's as much as I have so far and all jmo, but as time has went on I have thought more and more another person is involved and Jason met with foul play. All jmo.

Some in here keep posting that some of his clothing was folded. Can someone please show me where this article is? I have yet to see this. Thanks

Some in here keep posting that some of his clothing was folded. Can someone please show me where this article is? I have yet to see this. Thanks
I am not sure how to link a video correctly, but it is in the Lordan interview with Jason's father. Paraphrasing here, but he is asked if it is possible the tow truck driver moved the items during the tow and had them sitting on the tow truck, forgot them, and they fell off the truck as he drove away. Jason's dad replies maybe, but Jason's watch was sitting bands open with the clothes on top of them. He even demonstrates what he means. It is about mark 1:06-1:07 they are talking about this in the interview. So that is why I am confused a tiny bit on how neatly his clothing items were placed, BUT I do still think it is possible someone else besides Jason dropped the watch and it falls with bands out at random and the clothes are dropped on top.

Ok I figured out how to link the video!

Last edited:
What if...

What if Jason WAS wearing that outfit at home, but before leaving, he showered? Then he dressed in a different outfit, grabbed up the pile of his earlier outfit, watch and underwear included, and crammed them in his backpack to bring home.....

Not sure how to explain his backpack and his clothing in different locations but if those clothes were only ever in the backpack, he could've been fully dressed, fully shod for his long walk to civilization, if that was his goal....

Walking away from his phone and his wallet.... doesn't make sense unless Jason was in a hurry to bolt....

Could it be that Jason was simply mildly under the influence and the accident (avoiding a deer?) occurred MOMENTS before the fire fighter arrived? Fearful of an arrest, did Jason hide? Then the fire fighter called it in, right? And stayed on scene? So Jason moved farther away.... wanting no part of getting in trouble.... forced then to take off on foot.... and before he could return to get his stuff, his car was towed away?

His wallet remained accessible.....

Could it be Jason wasn't injured or deeply drugged, just didn't want to get in trouble, let him family down, etc?... for wrecking the car....

If Jason had met up with other people earlier (during the 67 minute interval), maybe he thought he could find his way back to them, planning to deal with the car in the morning, only to get miserably turned around, and ultimately succumbing to an accident or the elements....

A series of unfortunate events....

Jason, what had you been doing, what outcome were you expecting? Are there details we're overlooking?

What happened that night?

Will we ever know?

Maybe spring will bring answers....

JMO

What if...

What if Jason WAS wearing that outfit at home, but before leaving, he showered? Then he dressed in a different outfit, grabbed up the pile of his earlier outfit, watch and underwear included, and crammed them in his backpack to bring home.....

Maybe spring will bring answers....

JMO
I have been thinking along these same lines. I know I always tried to do as much laundry(for free) at my parents house as I could. Meaning I would have literally taken off the clothes I was wearing all that day to get washed.

I have also been thinking that in regards to the phone activity dropping at that intersection. What if he had dropped the phone there, accidentally closing the waze app, or the program crashed on it's on - it has happened on my phone before. So he went straight thinking he could pull over somewhere and find the dropped phone, or fix the app - but dark unfamiliar dirt road and he wrecked by accident instead? I just always try to start in the simplest directions first before going into complicated stories.

The shed clothing is definitely the strangest and most confusing part of this case, but I DO think it's possible that Jason did it himself. Whenever that be due to head trauma and resulting confusion (this wouldn't be a...common reaction to a head injury but clearly outliers do happen and this case is full of em), a possible bad drug reaction as mentioned consistently in the thread, shock from the accident leading to strange decisions (feeling overheated and panicking, wanting to look at his body to assess injuries, worrying for some reason that he would get blood on his clothes), or perhaps a medical event such as a complex partial seizure (I have also considered if he had a TBI that led to a seizure of this nature, which is not as well known as the classic tonic clonic but produces automatic behaviors).
I just can't find a good, logical, reason why a bad actor would take Jason's clothes off, fold them to some extend, and drop them off at intervals. If a bad actor wanted to imply that Jason had 'lost it' and stripped, you could just throw the clothes off willy-nilly. If they wanted to imply that Jason maybe had been assaulted and taken, it would make more sense to drop all the clothes in the same place. The type of behavior exhibited in this case is just so odd that I am more inclined to believe that a man with a head injury and shock performed it, rather than a criminal who is, more or less, neurologically intact.
I don’t think we’ve discussed a seizure being the possible cause of some of his apparent behavior (like the watch and clothes)—good thinking!
Can some drugs causes seizures? I would think so, especially synthetic ones. I must sound like a broken record, but I sure would like to know what they found when they tested the weed!

My opinion only, But testing the weed Jason had with him wont be to helpful. If it is negative, he still could of smoked with a friend or friends before he left, which could of been one of their laced joint. We might never know, unless we find him.

Thank you, @Kismet7, for the video.
I hadn't seen it before and am struck by several statements by Kent, Jason's dad.

He tells us it will be a wait of 18 months before the warrants are returned to allow the release of information from Jason's phone to show with whom he connected on Snapchat on the drive that night. As it was the last known contact from Jason, (at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia Streets) it could provide important information.

Jason's dad wants to know what was said as it could be vital for the investigation eg. did Jason say someone was approaching the car, or following him.

He wishes he'd had the code for Jason's phone so records of calls made could have immediately been known.
And he implores parents to have their children give a trusted person their phone codes for just such an emergency.

He wishes LE had processed the accident scene, had properly contained and catalogued the evidence found at the scene, and at the very least, cordoned off the area with police tape to prevent contamination by other footprints and scents so forensics could do their analyses.

He states "it was very cold and windy that night", and so there was an urgency to find the person who had had an accident and walked away, and he wishes better information had been gathered to track Jason.

He explains as the tow truck to remove the vehicle came from Luling, the driver would have passed by Jason's belongings on the road twice – on the way there and on the way back – unless somehow those items fell off the tow truck. (My thought on that possibility is it's doubtful Jason's dead beta fish would have been found inside the tumbler, as reported, were it to have fallen off the tow-truck.)

All of the above is spoken by Kent with touching grace and no laying of blame.

Kent also suggests if Jason dropped his phone, either during or after the Snapchat, he may have pulled over to look for it at the park by the intersection at Austin and Magnolia streets. He also wonders if Jason could have been carjacked there, and earlier he asks if something happened in Luling. He wonders if Jason was alone in the car.

It's all so horribly dismaying, made worse by the reported wait of 18 months to obtain information about Jason's last known cell phone communication.

Throughout the interview Kent speaks calmly and clearly, with his deep love for Jason and the sorrow he feels evident in his words and his facial expressions.

I'm deeply moved.

May the Great Spirit bring solace to Jason's loved ones, and guidance for the investigators, and those who seek to bring Jason home to his family.

Can some drugs causes seizures? I would think so, especially synthetic ones.

Snipped by me.

Absolutely, there are a number of drugs known to lower the seizure threshold, which increases the risk for a seizure to occur. Most psychiatric medications can lower the threshold to some extent, for many, not enough to be a significant concern, but for some medications, it’s a well known risk (examples: bupropion (Wellbutrin), lithium, and some antipsychotics). Opioids and psychostimulants (Adderall, Ritalin, methamphetamine, cocaine) may also reduce the seizure threshold and could be laced within marijuana. Alcohol withdrawal is also well-known to reduce the seizure threshold and alcohol-withdrawal seizures can be life threatening.

As for marijuana specifically, it’s interesting because the drug Epidiolex (cannabidiol, CBD) is actually FDA approved for treatment of specific types of epilepsy (Lennox-Gastaut and Dravet syndrome). However, synthetic marijuana products (esp. “spice”) have been associated with increased risk for seizures.

Combinations of any of the above could be especially dangerous.

DEA Diversion Control Division

I've seen that too and I think it was taken out of context when JL's father mentioned something to the effect that JL's watch was found tucked inside his clothes. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice