TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this picture from the body cam of the backpack and the clothes, that's not 900 feet between them. Am I missing something? MOO

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office - edited still photo of Body Worn Camera of the Trooper who initially responded to the scene showing relative location of articles of clothing and backpack, approximately 900 feet south of crash scene. | Facebook
Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

Looking at this picture from the body cam of the backpack and the clothes, that's not 900 feet between them. Am I missing something? MOO

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office - edited still photo of Body Worn Camera of the Trooper who initially responded to the scene showing relative location of articles of clothing and backpack, approximately 900 feet south of crash scene. | Facebook

It's not the backpack that's 900 ft from the clothing; it's both the backpack/clothing being found 900 ft south of the crash scene.

There are several photos related to JL at the Caldwell County Sheriff Facebook site

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office - Last known shirt worn by Jason Landry. | Facebook

Thanks so much!

His tee is quite wrinkled, isn’t it? But how can it be so wrinkled in just the short time he was on the road? (This is in response to an earlier post about how his shirt was so wrinkled, it must have been in his backpack before it was on the ground, which means he might have changed clothes). But again, if he changed clothes and shoved the shirt into his backpack, there wasn't time for it to get so wrinkled.

Another possibility is that it was folded at some point during the chain of custody and then unfolded prior to being photographed.

I'm gonna have to go with Occam's razor once more and assume those were the clothes he stripped off as he was walking away from the car. And the clothes were subsequently bundled up (and wrinkled) by whoever collected them.

I am gonna go with Ockhham’s razor - foul play is the simplest explanation of the weirdnesses and no body.

Barry Morphew’s version of Ockham’s razor is that Suzanne crashed her bike and suffered a bad head injury which left her so disoriented that she concealed herself very well and then died.

FYI:
In the immediate days after Landry's disappearance, there were nine days of ground searches with the help of 100 volunteers and three days or areial searches that covered 31,000 acres near the crash site.

Last weekend, (in March) another 100 volunteers searched the area, using K9s trained in human remains detection. Mounted units, drones and helicopters were also used.

Is it likely that in the darkest hour of night, Jason went naked into the unfamiliar woods and, using his bare hands, so successfully hid himself there to die that his body is there but the searchers missed it?

FYI:
In the immediate days after Landry's disappearance, there were nine days of ground searches with the help of 100 volunteers and three days or areial searches that covered 31,000 acres near the crash site.

Last weekend, (in March) another 100 volunteers searched the area, using K9s trained in human remains detection. Mounted units, drones and helicopters were also used.

Is it likely that in the darkest hour of night, Jason went naked into the unfamiliar woods and, using his bare hands, so successfully hid himself there to die that his body is there but the searchers missed it?
It is a possibility.
It's all down to what injuries he sustained and what factors influenced his undressing.
We can speculate about what they might have been but I doubt we will ever know.
People disrobe because they experience heat and want to cool their bodies down , they do it if disorientated or confused.
We've spent several threads discussing this and all the variables.
The truth is that we do not know, we will probably never know.
I believe he was well and healthy when he set out on his journey.
He drove without incident and skillfully if the times provided by LE are accurate.
Not exactly stoned driving when one is more inclined to drive slowly.
Maybe it's time to set him free?

There are several photos related to JL at the Caldwell County Sheriff Facebook site

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office - Last known shirt worn by Jason Landry. | Facebook

Thank you for sharing the link.
The t-shirt is definitely quite wrinkled but I personally don't believe it necessarily had to happen in his bag or later as part of being stored as evidence.

Having been a student myself and having limited washing abilities or well, lack of motivation I have often worn wrinkled clothing without paying much attention to it. So I can see the possibility he just put on wrinkled clothing for the drive. Wrinkles that are persistent also wouldn't turn uncreased once on the body unless it's a skin tight fabric

FYI:

IMO, and based on numerous other missing people, I think it’s very likely.

I am gonna go with Ockhham’s razor - foul play is the simplest explanation of the weirdnesses and no body.
The area is notorious for uncapped oil wells, some dating back to the early part of the last century and the missing person might have taken a short cut through such a field.

In regards to whether an adult could fall down such a well, this Tribute to American oil field workers (really quite good) implies that one could.

Photo "A" :)46 in the video): Shows men proudly positioning a drill over a huge hole to dig a well.
Photo "B" (1:10 in the video): Shows a well in active production. A metal plate is placed over the large hole, leaving a far smaller hole for oil to be extracted.

In short, though one could easily fall down hole type "A", an adult cannot fall down hole type "B". The difficulty is determining if there are uncapped "type A" well holes around.

Are there any oil workers on the forum, or oil worker wives who can say if uncapped holes such as :47 are common?

Having been a student myself and having limited washing abilities or well, lack of motivation I have often worn wrinkled clothing without paying much attention to it. So I can see the possibility he just put on wrinkled clothing for the drive.

I still remember picking up my college roommate from the airport for a summer visit after sophomore year. “Wow,” she greeted me. “That shirt looks a lot better ironed.”

Thank you for sharing the link.
The t-shirt is definitely quite wrinkled but I personally don't believe it necessarily had to happen in his bag or later as part of being stored as evidence.

Having been a student myself and having limited washing abilities or well, lack of motivation I have often worn wrinkled clothing without paying much attention to it. So I can see the possibility he just put on wrinkled clothing for the drive. Wrinkles that are persistent also wouldn't turn uncreased once on the body unless it's a skin tight fabric

I agree. I believe these articles are what he was wearing at the time. My speculation was a follow-up on a previous poster who believes JL may have changed clothes and the found clothing had been stuffed in his backpack. Unlikely, IMO.

Maybe, but why the watch, underwear and shoes in the road with the clothes? It certainly seems like a complete outfit that he would have been wearing. MOO

Welcome!!!
He may have been uncomfortable driving with his watch on ?. Most kids use their phone for time . IMO seems he could have easily seen a weather report on the weather changing . That night the weather was a big deal , Instagram , fb had updates from local weather reporters. May account for the watch being laid flat under his clothes . Could have been placed in the backpack in that position. JMHO-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse