TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brainstorming was exactly what I was doing too! I was thinking that if Trooper Flores passed JL's car on the way to meet the VFF, assuming that he was coming from the same intersection in Luling, heading in the same direction on SFR that JL was heading that there could've been a chance that others could've passed by JL's car but couldn't have seen it. In the report from the Caldwell County Sheriff, I recall something that apparently the VFF came in from the north so he would've seen the front of the car with the headlights making things easier to see?
Wouldn't he have come upon the back of the car first if the VFF was coming from the North? He would still be able to see the headlights lighting up what was in front of the car either way (Coming from the North or South) I was under the assumption that the car was on the east side of the road. If that's correct, Jason's car would have been pointing south since the driver's side was against the barbwire fence. Or am I missing something? (I could be!) Please correct me if I have that wrong so I can update the facts in my brain! lol :p

Wouldn't he have come upon the back of the car first if the VFF was coming from the North? He would still be able to see the headlights lighting up what was in front of the car either way (Coming from the North or South) I was under the assumption that the car was on the east side of the road. If that's correct, Jason's car would have been pointing south since the driver's side was against the barbwire fence. Or am I missing something? (I could be!) Please correct me if I have that wrong so I can update the facts in my brain! lol :p
Forgive me because I’m terrible with directions but reading the CCSO report it says the VFF came in from the north and JL came in from the south , from luling. In another account it states that the rear drivers side corner made initial contact with a tree on the east side of the roadway, propelling the front driver’s side into another tree and barbed wire fence. From the dash cam video there was a lot of brush on both sides of the road.

SBM for focus.

Just one quick comment on his parents address being entered into waze. Since he hadn't told them he was coming, and it was in the middle of the night, and his dad had said in another interview that he was going to a friends house first to play video games (Seems he contradicted himself there), and the fact Jason and his brother both wanted to wait for his sister to get there first... if this is a true statement that the parents house really was entered into waze... I think that could be due to not knowing the friends address by heart, but knowing how to get there from his parents house. In other words... he put in an address he has memorized and could easily get to the friends house once he got close enough by using the parents address. Just throwing that out because I think that could be a possible explanation. I tend to look at all angles and not take words for fact. Plus, I've done that myself. :)

And I apologize when I said it would be a quick comment, and then it wasn't. LOL :p

Exactly what I was thinking. I’ve done that many times. Also, thank you for sharing your experience. I don’t think it’s that easy to understand unless you’ve been through something traumatic so providing personal experiences I think are important in these cases especially.

I just now heard about this woman's remains being found nearby to her one car accident scene in Texas. She had been missing since 2018.

edited to add: I just wanted to drop it here because I was so convinced that someone had taken her. It's still possible that happened, but not as likely.

Found Deceased - TX - Kimberly Flint, 57, Laneville, 26 Sept 2018

Last edited:
I’ve been checking here and online and I see no news on the JL investigation. I assume that Peña and his team are doing their thing. Anybody heard of any new developments?

I’ve been checking here and online and I see no news on the JL investigation. I assume that Peña and his team are doing their thing. Anybody heard of any new developments?

Are you keeping an eye on Kent's FB page dedicated to finding Jason? Not that Kent is going to update with things going on behind the scenes, but he does occasionally have some good info.

Is there any talk about rounding up a search party when it's warmer? I'm assuming that there'll be something going on as the area is better able to be searched on foot.

I just saw that a tornado touched down in Luling today, but I haven't found any reports about damage or injuries. Weather warning: Texas tornadoes near Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin

SBM:
A confirmed tornado reached the ground in Luling, between Austin and San Antonio, according to the National Weather Service.
I’ve been watching Ryan Hall’s weather livestream for the last few hours. There have been way too many dangerous tornadoes on the ground in Texas this afternoon.

I just saw that a tornado touched down in Luling today, but I haven't found any reports about damage or injuries. Weather warning: Texas tornadoes near Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin

SBM:
A confirmed tornado reached the ground in Luling, between Austin and San Antonio, according to the National Weather Service.
3 tornado warnings at the same time. They passed over Austin, we are out of danger.
It was a super weather cell that gathered then opened up. Please pray for those who weren't passed over. They are hitting little towns, folks who can't withstand the expense.

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Austin/San Antonio TX
718 PM CDT Mon Mar 21 2022

TXC021-055-177-187-220100-
/O.CON.KEWX.SV.W.0009.000000T0000Z-220322T0100Z/
Caldwell TX-Guadalupe TX-Bastrop TX-Gonzales TX-
718 PM CDT Mon Mar 21 2022

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 800 PM CDT
FOR CALDWELL...NORTHEASTERN GUADALUPE...SOUTHWESTERN BASTROP AND
NORTHWESTERN GONZALES COUNTIES...

At 717 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Kingsbury, or 8
miles west of Luling, moving northeast at 50 mph.

HAZARD...Golf ball size hail and 60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...People and animals outdoors will be injured. Expect hail
damage to roofs, siding, windows, and vehicles. Expect wind
damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

Locations impacted include...
Seguin, Lockhart, Luling, Mustang Ridge, Kingsbury, Staples,
Fentress, Palmeto State Park, Brownsboro, Joliet, Tilmon, Stairtown,
Belmont, McNeil, McMahan, Lytton Springs, Ottine, Dale, Bateman and
St John Colony.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Tornado Watch remains in effect until 1000 PM CDT for south central
Texas.

For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
building.

Torrential rainfall is occurring with this storm, and may lead to
flash flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded roadways.

&&

LAT...LON 2950 9764 2958 9792 3007 9766 2992 9739
2960 9757
TIME...MOT...LOC 0017Z 204DEG 44KT 2964 9778

THUNDERSTORM DAMAGE THREAT...CONSIDERABLE
HAIL THREAT...RADAR INDICATED
MAX HAIL SIZE...1.75 IN
WIND THREAT...RADAR INDICATED
MAX WIND GUST...60 MPH

Source: WWA Summary by Location for 29.68N 97.65W with TXZ208/TXC055/TXZ208 emphasis Tornado Watch

I’ve been watching Ryan Hall’s weather livestream for the last few hours. There have been way too many dangerous tornadoes on the ground in Texas this afternoon.

Me, too, @cujenn81! Been watching Ryan for the last 3 hours. I'm in the danger zone tomorrow. Yikes. That 2 tornadoes have blown straight through our property in the last 3 years is not giving me a lot of confidence.

Gemmie, wouldn't that be something if the strong winds discovered Jason's body!?

Jason Landry search update: this morning Saturday 26 March ~800a, a very localized search for Jason has started with a helicopter and one of the professional search teams and their equipment engaged.
A Houston channel KPRC is reporting that indeed the search is about Jason. Hoping this sad event will soon be concluded.

Do you have a MSM link to a search happening today @2anthro ? I'm not finding anything doing a quick search. And I do mean a quick search. lol :p

I would think that would be on Jason's "Missing" FB page run by Kent and it's not there either.

Missing Person - Jason Landry

ETA - Found it. Although it doesn't say much about it other than the headline. The date is indeed today, 3/22/22. I wonder why Kent's FB page doesn't mention it? No mention of a helicopter either. Hmmmm....

New search underway for Texas State student Jason Landry who vanished in December 2020
Published: March 26, 2022, 11:20 AM
Updated: March 26, 2022, 12:48 PM

New search underway for Texas State student Jason Landry who vanished in December 2020

Last edited:
New team aiding Caldwell County deputies in search for Texas State University student

A new search is underway for Texas State University student Jason Landry after he disappeared in December of 2020.

A search team is currently in Caldwell County after they were called in to assist the sheriff’s office, according to a report from KSAT’s sister station KPRC.

It doesn’t say who the new search team is, but any searching is good! May today be the day.
Pretty darn vague articles you and I found, IMHO.

Pretty darn vague articles you and I found, IMHO.
Indeed. I wonder if it’s because there’s nothing new at all—just searching again and that’s really it. Or there’s a specific reason for the new search but they’re being tight lipped about it?

Just a note—we have some nasty wildfires in the area today and the air is THICK with smoke. I doubt it would impact the search, but I’m not sure. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416