TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting, I wonder if they have gang affiliation or criminal records in their country of origin.

Similar questions in the Rachel Morin case. Had DNA within 2 weeks of her murder in MD . DNA found in a home invasion/sexual assault in CA. Finally tracked him in Tulsa.
Evidence showing connection to El Salvador gañgs in US. Apparently these gangs in the US are strong, violent, and controlling. Moo

Apologies if this is repeat information...I have not followed this case closely enough yet.

"New details:

Men accused of killing 12-year-old Jocelyn Nungaray

were looking for money

to leave Houston after murder.

Here’s what happened in court

Peña stood in front of a District Court judge while handcuffed wearing a yellow jumpsuit.

Prosecutors gave a rundown of the suspects’ whereabouts the night of June 17 before Jocelyn’s body was discovered in a north Houston creek.

The girl’s body was found at 6:49 a.m. under a bridge.

She was nude from the waist down, her hands and feet bound.
The autopsy reported her cause of death as strangulation.
She also had cuts on her backside.

Prosecutors said Martinez Rangel grabbed Jocelyn around the neck, got on top of her and put his hands over her mouth.

After the murder,
prosecutors say
the suspects were looking for money to get out of town
and that Martinez Rangel shaved his beard to avoid detection.

The judge and attorneys also spoke about the death penalty in this case once lab results are confirmed."

"New details:

were looking for money

Peña stood in front of a District Court judge while handcuffed wearing a yellow jumpsuit.

Prosecutors gave a rundown of the suspects’ whereabouts the night of June 17 before Jocelyn’s body was discovered in a north Houston creek.

Prosecutors said Martinez Rangel grabbed Jocelyn around the neck, got on top of her and put his hands over her mouth.

After the murder,
prosecutors say

The judge and attorneys also spoke about the death penalty in this case once lab results are confirmed."

Taken from the link above:
" Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said the current charges the suspects face does not make them eligible for the death penalty."
I am trying to understand this statement. It seems clear that they are eligible for DP on several avenues. I know that DA Kim Ogg is anti-death penalty, so she is likely looking for reasons to NOT seek it. But in making statement like this, it really insinuates some serious victim blaming here.

"Pena Ramos
allegedly asked his employer at a construction site for money
so he could skip town after the murder, prosecutors said.

Both men are charged with capital murder for Jocelyn’s death.

Though the current charges do not carry the possibility of the death penalty,
Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said prosecutors have not ruled out pursuing it."

I heard (presser) Prosecution wait for lab results concerning SA.

Last edited:
Taken from the link above:
" Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said the current charges the suspects face does not make them eligible for the death penalty."
I am trying to understand this statement. It seems clear that they are eligible for DP on several avenues. I know that DA Kim Ogg is anti-death penalty, so she is likely looking for reasons to NOT seek it. But in making statement like this, it really insinuates some serious victim blaming here.
I wish they would seek the DP. I am not familiar with TX DP laws but would a person charged with capital murder NOT be DP eligible unless the victim was raped/abducted/or under the age of 10?

I don't get Ogg's statement at all. :confused:

ETA I just read in another article she was raped and strangled so now Ogg's statement makes even LESS sense to me?

Franklin Jose Pena Ramos in court on June 24, 2024 in Houston after he and Johan Jose Rangel-Martinez allegedly raped and murdered 12-year-old Jocelyn Nungaray.
Illegal migrants lured Jocelyn Nungaray, 12, under bridge, assaulted her for 2 hours before killing her: prosecutors

Does that mean she is avoiding charging the rape so she can avoid attaching the DP to this case?

Last edited:

"New details:

were looking for money

After the murder,
prosecutors say

Her hands and feet were bound? This doesn't sound like a chance meeting, what were they bound with? Did they come prepared? Belts maybe?

Her hands and feet were bound? This doesn't sound like a chance meeting, what were they bound with? Did they come prepared? Belts maybe?
Sickening. 12 years old. Her Mother’s pain is palpable. I too wonder what she was bound with. She spoke with her boyfriend at midnight. He heard the mens voices. She must not have been frightened of them at that point.

Good news.

Looks like Pena is talking. No wonder he is. He wore his ankle monitor during the crime. He says he tried to stop Martinez. He had two hours to do so.

I guess we will see what Martinez has to say to that tomorrow. I bet it's different.

or he says nothing.

Bond 2x amount $$ requested by prosecution
5x amount $$$$$ requested by defense.

Fitting Ocho Locos was their last real meal.

Delicious Food: but bad company and happenings.

‘We don’t want this in our community’: New Ojos Locos in East Aldine draws protesters who say it brings crime, drugs

snipped & BBM

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A judge set bail at $10 million for one of the capital murder suspects accused of killing 12-year-old Jocelyn Nunagray, who was found in a creek in north Houston last week.

On Monday, 26-year-old Franklin Jose Pena Ramos faced a judge, who believes the man is a flight risk.

He's been placed under a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, hold since June 20.

In fact, the Harris County District Attorney's Office said Pena still had on an ankle monitor given to him by ICE at the time of the crime.

Martinez is due in court on Tuesday.

Investigators said they believe the young girl snuck out of her home around 10 p.m. Sunday, June 16.

According to court documents, the two men asked Jocelyn for directions after encountering her on Kuykendahl Road.

Court documents read that the men then allegedly lured Jocelyn underneath a bridge, where they kept her for two hours. She was tied up, had her pants taken off, and was strangled, officials said.

A bystander found her body floating in a creek shortly before 7 a.m. on June 17.

Prosecutors say she had marks on her neck and scrapes on her body consistent with being dragged.

The state adds that Jocelyn and the men were seen on video at about 12:57 a.m. on June 17 walking down by the bayou. At 3:04 a.m., only the two men emerged.

An autopsy confirmed her cause of death was strangulation.

According to another witness, Pena confessed he and Martinez did something bad after partying and were looking for money to leave town.

Both men worked construction and allegedly asked their boss for those funds after explaining what happened, the lead prosecutor told ABC13.

We also learned in court Monday that Pena told authorities he tried to tell Martinez to stop, but then Martinez allegedly put his arm around Jocelyn's neck and covered her mouth.

After she died, Martinez allegedly tied her up
and told Pena to put her body in the water to remove any DNA. Martinez also reportedly admitted to changing his beard to avoid attention.

Judge sets $10M bail for 1 of the capital murder suspects accused of strangling 12-year-old girl
This statement from Ogg really ticks me off. I thought she was the more moderate option for DA. Gonna have to revisit that next time there's an election.

So ticked off that my tax dollars will be paying to keep these trash bags in jail when they shouldn't have been our problem to begin with. Also tired of the wills of people not living in border states dictating the reality of those of us that actually DO live in border states. It was hard for me to watch home videos of my little brother last night, thinking about how he'd probably still be alive if it weren't for such careless border policies. My lil bro was murdered in a home invasion that as best as we can tell was committed as part of a cartel gang initiation.
I'm not sure what statement you are referencing. OGG has said the death penalty under current charges is not on the table. They are waiting on the rape kit results. She said she hopes there is viable DNA.

I assume if she was raped that is the qualifier for the death penalty.

Her term ends this year. She lost her primary in March. You will have two new choices for DA in November.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain or the Nungaray's.

According to court documents, the two men asked Jocelyn for directions after encountering her on Kuykendahl Road.

Court documents read that the men then allegedly lured Jocelyn underneath a bridge, where they kept her for two hours. She was tied up, had her pants taken off, and was strangled, officials said.
So they took advantage of her being kind enough to be willing to give them directions (not knowing their real intentions, of course).

Horrific. I have no words.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member