TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope no more lives are lost based on the incorrect and intentionally inflammatory things released initially.

Not shot in the head or mouth.
Certainly not a man without enemies.

I’m very sure that the guy who shot Joshua last year and is awaiting trial out on bail is not too sad he’s gone. I hope they checked him immediately.

I mean wow guys, come on! Do we want to trigger riots here?!

I live in a city where an actual riot took place in recent memory. All city public schools were closed for 3 consecutive "riot days." Public transport through the "riot zone" ceased. Taxis refused to drive anywhere near the area, as did delivery trucks. Contractors cancelled work. Stores within a several mile radius closed early or didn't open at all. The sound of sirens blasted non-stop for days. A whole lot of white folk in surrounding middle-class and wealthy neighborhoods were terrified; many "sheltered in place" if they had the option.

Though the magnitude of the riot was grossly exaggerated by media, as was the damage caused, it was definitely an official riot.

All the talk of potential riots in Dallas, before, during, after the trial and now made me curious about how common riots are in Dallas. Racial riots, of course, because fear of riots in the US is almost always about a fear that blacks are about to riot. When violence does ensue after blacks take to the streets, that is termed "riot," as opposed to when white supremacists, for example, take to the street and violence ensues, which gets described as "clashes."

Anyway, I looked and looked, and other than the extraordinary murder of 5 LE by a single black vet in 2016, I didn't find any remotely current history of racial riots in Dallas.

Why is there so much fear, then, of blacks taking to the street to riot?

This sounds more likely to be connected to his killing than a hit because he testified. JMO.

Absolutely, most of us here usually go with Occam's razor.

This is one of those cases that I'm sure many of us want to call up the media folks that are publishing something different want to send them the information that he was to testify against somebody else possibly, and that, potentially is much more likely the reason. ( the fact that he is a witness to another murder from last year, and the guy is out on bond at this time)

Yet I have only seen one post with a headline that even mentioned such. Hopefully more media will catch on and not unnecessarily continue to inflame as a result of their clickbait for the case that they will get if they mention it has to do with the case at hand. M o o

FACT - this is the first tweet Merritt posted prior to JB even being identified by the ME.

He tweeted this knowing it was not what he learned "initially," or by witnesses rendering aid to the fallen man. Liar, liar, pants on fire to feed his personal agenda. MOO

#1. S. Lee Merritt, Esq.‏ @MeritLaw
Joshua Brown was shot in his mouth & chest. He was exiting his car at his apt when he was ambushed & shot at close range. His mother asked my office to help find out who murdered her son. She suspects foul play. He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. We need answers.
4:44 PM - 5 Oct 2019

FACT -
this is second /follow-up tweet by Merritt (i.e., close the barn door after the horses fled).

I further believe he used his professional relationship with Jean family to to promote his false narrative to national media. Shame on him. MOO

#2 S. Lee Merritt, Esq.‏ @MeritLaw

Where #JoshuaBrown was shot seems to be disputed. I was told by immediate family that the ME said mouth and chest. Initially I was told in the back. I just heard from a witness who provided aide to a wound in the buttocks and side. We will have to await the autopsy to be sure.

EGJ_cTXWkAAYLRs.jpg

5:49 PM - 5 Oct 2019

Personally I find that ludicrous. Anyone even a layperson who has followed trials, and retrial knows if the witness has passed away for ANY reason, the state is legally allowed to have one of their own state attorneys read his prior testimony into any retrial.

It is even legally allowed in the first trial under the same circumstances as long as both sides were their at the time when the witness was being deposed before dying.

I wont waste my time reading this one, but thank you for posting it for I'm sure many will.

( Respectfully snipped)

Jmho

I didn’t post any link . Was commenting on it.
Just want to clear that up.

Last edited:
Well, twitter is ridiculous and I have no clue how so many people just took the hook and ran with it. Seems people were very energized with the hope that this shooting was engineered by DPD or white supremacists. People were actually HOPING for it. If this truly had nothing to do with AG case, disappointment will reign. People willing to believe anything without facts, running amok over the internet.
If he had not testified in the Guyger case, it would never had made the news!

Yet I have only seen one post with a headline that even mentioned such. Hopefully more media will catch on and not unnecessarily continue to inflame as a result of their clickbait for the case that they will get if they mention it has to do with the case at hand. M o o
^^^SBM

Kudos to those MSM articles and broadcasts that followed the prosecutors office, and did not quote S. Lee Merritt, Esq who was tweeting misinformation as fact long before the victim was officially identified by the ME's office on Sunday morning.

IMO, Merritt used his professional relationship with the Jean family to speak to media citing victims family that clearly did not have credible info if any info.

MSM released info on the Thanksgiving 2018 shooting as soon as ME officially identified JB as the victim on Sunday.

Unfortunately -- damage done with weekend news cycle repeating news.

MOO

That lady is bright, if anyone can do it, she can. She's also determined.
But geez- a 4 door silver sedan is all they got and it's a big gaf....

They started with a light-colored Prius like car in the Dan Markel case, and look at where we are now. It can be done.

Tower dumps, security cameras, etc etc. I have no doubt they are pouring significant resources into this case.

^^^SBM

Kudos to those MSM articles and broadcasts that followed the prosecutors office, and did not quote S. Lee Merritt, Esq who was tweeting misinformation as fact long before the victim was officially identified by the ME's office on Sunday morning.

IMO, Merritt used his professional relationship with the Jean family to speak to media citing victims family that clearly did not have credible info if any info.

MSM released info on the Thanksgiving 2018 shooting as soon as ME officially identified JB as the victim on Sunday.

Unfortunately -- damage done with weekend news cycle repeating news.

MOO
He had confirmed the dead man was Joshua with an ADA... he hangs out a lot in police precincts, have a feeling he will be less welcome after that stunt... he does gain access, no idea how.

Well, twitter is ridiculous and I have no clue how so many people just took the hook and ran with it. Seems people were very energized with the hope that this shooting was engineered by DPD or white supremacists. People were actually HOPING for it. If this truly had nothing to do with AG case, disappointment will reign. People willing to believe anything without facts, running amok over the internet.

Hi Bella!

Are you really surprised? Sadly, I'm not nor did I expect certain indivduals to wait one second for any facts to become known.

Our society has been enduring this for over six agonizing years now with MSM being the supporting platform to make sure the attention is nationwide.

What has happened by so many of these unsupported premature forgone conclusions is when the facts do become known... like in any investigation reveals the TRUTH backed up with evidence..it far too late to determine all of the claims were totally false narratives the entire time.

By then by promoting the constant false narratives it has already encited violence with innocent citizens in several cities being under siege like we live in a 3rd world country.

In the aftermath of the incited violence it's the taxpayers of each city who have to pay millions of dollars in damage after the dangerous groups came in to destroy it. That's what most shameful, but unfortunately for many who carry out violence in groups of rioters aren't capable of having any shame or regret.

Instead they select the next target, storming into towns to commit more violence, and destruction. Or they create another premature false narrative purposefully omitting facts they already do know.

If these are so called actvists then why do they find violence as the answer to everything or to unmercifully harass others?

Or better yet, why are they the worst suppressors of our times of individual freedom of speech for ALL?

Imo, these aren't activists. That is as ridiculous as trying to say the violent antifa group are only acivists. Eyeroll. They are the very definition of fascists.

I sure hope they don't think all believe they are anything, but what they are for all to see. Some can always get others to believe anything, but it's hard to fool most, and do it all of the time.

Imo

I live in a city where an actual riot took place in recent memory. All city public schools were closed for 3 consecutive "riot days." Public transport through the "riot zone" ceased. Taxis refused to drive anywhere near the area, as did delivery trucks. Contractors cancelled work. Stores within a several mile radius closed early or didn't open at all. The sound of sirens blasted non-stop for days. A whole lot of white folk in surrounding middle-class and wealthy neighborhoods were terrified; many "sheltered in place" if they had the option.

Though the magnitude of the riot was grossly exaggerated by media, as was the damage caused, it was definitely an official riot.

All the talk of potential riots in Dallas, before, during, after the trial and now made me curious about how common riots are in Dallas. Racial riots, of course, because fear of riots in the US is almost always about a fear that blacks are about to riot. When violence does ensue after blacks take to the streets, that is termed "riot," as opposed to when white supremacists, for example, take to the street and violence ensues, which gets described as "clashes."

Anyway, I looked and looked, and other than the extraordinary murder of 5 LE by a single black vet in 2016, I didn't find any remotely current history of racial riots in Dallas.

Why is there so much fear, then, of blacks taking to the street to riot?
No riots where I live. Not going to be. Not scared. Riots are not the same as protests. I'm sure you well know that riots can be massively destructive to communities. Most people aren't into destruction.
The Steep Cost of the Ferguson Riots | National Review
The first victims of the mob rampages in Ferguson have been people who had nothing to do with Michael Brown or the police. These include people — many of them black or members of other minorities — who have seen the businesses they worked to build destroyed, perhaps never to be revived.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who benefits from the Ferguson riots? The biggest beneficiaries are politicians and racial demagogues. In Detroit, Mayor Coleman Young was one of many political demagogues who were able to ensure their own reelection, using rhetoric and policies that drove away people who provided jobs and taxes, but who were likely to vote against him if they stayed. Such demagogues thrived as Detroit became a wasteland.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2014/12/04/buildings-destroyed-in-ferguson-riots-worth.html
Some stores were chains. From the list it looks like most were not. Clash is a stupid word to describe a riot. Call it what it is. So, if people are okay with having their community destroyed, often by people arriving who don't have to live in that area , good for them. And who in their right mind would want to go to those areas? You said white people in surrounding areas "sheltered in place". Do you mean they wouldn't leave their homes at all? How far from the riot area did people have to live for them to feel safe leaving their homes? Anybody of any ethnic persuasion would cut a decent sized swath between themselves and a riot. It's common sense. If people want to tear up their own neighborhood, go ahead with it. They're only hurting themselves.

Sad, isn't it, that would be so?
Sad, isn't it, that would be so?
Maybe we could look at it?
Dissect the nature of killing itself?
Outside of partisan, sociological, psychological known frameworks?
The nature of the desire to kill itself?
The actual impulse to kill?
What makes killing an option?
ETC

Maybe we could look at it?
Dissect the nature of killing itself?
Outside of partisan, sociological, psychological known frameworks?
The nature of the desire to kill itself?
The actual impulse to kill?
What makes killing an option?
ETC
My personal opinion is that the perp wants 'instant gratification'. No time to talk it out or wait for a resolution.

She was found guilty. I assume she is appealing her 10 year sentence. That appeal would go better if the witness was out of the picture. We would have to live in a paper bag to believe that this murder is random at such an opportune time.

"A key witness in ex-cop Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot to death in Dallas

Brown lived across the hall from Botham Jean at Dallas' South Side Flats apartments last year when officer Amber Guyger walked into Jean's apartment, mistaking it for her own, and killed Jean."

Amber Guyger: Witness in ex-cop's murder trial was shot to death in Dallas - CNN

We can not make any assumptions as of today, except for that the murder was surprisingly quick.

But if we look at the big picture? One, Botham Jean, was religious and not violent, sang hymns in his apartment and was killed over a shockingly idiotic mistake, another one, Brown, was killed after testifying. Whether related to his testimony or not, just the fact that two young black males were killed so young is horribly saddening. Can we view a bigger picture behind these deaths? And then Brown has a child, who will grow up without knowing his father, and how will it affect his life in the future? Sad, sad, and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth12345