TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While police have not released the identity of the victim, Dallas County District Attorney’s Office Kimberlee Leach did identify Brown as the deceased to TIME.
Key Witness in Amber Guyger Murder Case Fatally Shot Days After Emotional Trial Wraps Up
^^SBM

The medical examiner on Sunday officially identified Joshua Brown, 28, as the victim of the shooting. The medical examiner’s office said the autopsy has been conducted, but no results are available.
^^SBM

"The leasing people came, knocked on our doors," Brown testified. "It was like they had a noise complaint. And it was around like 2 p.m., which was kind of odd, because there wasn't no noise."

When both Brown and Jean — nicknamed "Bo" by his friends — came out of their apartments, they had their first conversation.

"Me and Bo were both smoking weed, and we kind of knew that (apartment management) was coming to our door because of maybe the scent of the weed."

The night his neighbor was killed, Brown left his apartment to watch part of a Falcons vs. Eagles game at a sports bar.

"My cousin plays safety for the Falcons, and a friend of mine plays for the Eagles. So I just wanted to make sure I was there to watch the game," Brown said.

But he decided to go home at halftime. He returned home to his fourth-floor apartment at nearly the same time Guyger walked into Jean's apartment, mistaking it for her own.

Brown testified he did not hear anyone say anything like, "Stop! Police!" But he said it was difficult to make out the brief and frantic words between Guyger and Jean.

When I come out (to) lock my door, I hear him," Brown testified. "I heard him singing every morning."

Jean apparently loved gospel music and Drake.
Joshua Brown: Key witness in the Amber Guyger murder trial met the violent death he feared - CNN

Not reliable though. It's easy to miss the legs, someone shot in the legs can still fight back because they have use of their arms, etc. Center mass is bigger and has more things you can hit to incapacitate - not just many arteries, but heart, lungs, etc.

Why Shoot Center Mass? :: Guns.com
Lower body was the wording which includes legs but is not limited to legs... just sayin' (smiley)

I certainly hope no more lives are lost based on the incorrect and intentionally inflammatory things released initially.

Not shot in the head or mouth.
Certainly not a man without enemies.

I’m very sure that the guy who shot Joshua last year and is awaiting trial out on bail is not too sad he’s gone. I hope they checked him immediately.

I mean wow guys, come on! Do we want to trigger riots here?!

I believe I just answered my own question. JB witnessed a murder -- while also shot.

Man arrested in fatal shooting outside Dallas strip club after Thanksgiving

Dec 13, 2018

KQYTY5MIG37T4RUD6NKUFWJNX4.jpg

Kendall Deshonn Morris was booked Wednesday on a murder charge in the death of Nicholas Shaq'uan Diggs outside Dallas Cabaret.

Diggs, 25, was found dead in the street around 4:45 a.m. Nov. 23 in the 2400 block of Walnut Ridge Street. A second victim, 28-year-old Joshua Brown, was wounded in the shooting. bbm

ETA:
KM allegedly murdered victim and shot JB on 11/23/18 but not arrested until 12/13/18. Seems to me it took a couple weeks to apprehend the shooter, and good reason for JB to be fearful (not the narrative activists and Merritt are pushing). Shooter is also currently out on bond - hope he's being investigated.
MOO

This sounds more likely to be connected to his killing than a hit because he testified. JMO.

Well, twitter is ridiculous and I have no clue how so many people just took the hook and ran with it. Seems people were very energized with the hope that this shooting was engineered by DPD or white supremacists. People were actually HOPING for it. If this truly had nothing to do with AG case, disappointment will reign. People willing to believe anything without facts, running amok over the internet.
Twitter is not ridiculous. It is a much abused platform while being a really educational platform.
People were fed the belief and people and troll groups are malicious and nasty and unreasonable and ego driven.
But they can easily be ignored.
In this case, the absence of official information drove us to the #s in search of eye witnesses, home videos, mobile phone footage because in new cases that is where it first appears in the midst of the madness.
It's best to avoid hashtags entirely unless one is searching for something specific.

I certainly hope no more lives are lost based on the incorrect and intentionally inflammatory things released initially.

Not shot in the head or mouth.
Certainly not a man without enemies.

I’m very sure that the guy who shot Joshua last year and is awaiting trial out on bail is not too sad he’s gone. I hope they checked him immediately.

I mean wow guys, come on! Do we want to trigger riots here?!

That is exactly what some people want. Scary. I lived in Chicago in the '60's, and Los Angeles in the 90's. I definitely did not feel safe, and we lived in Santa Monica.

Twitter is not ridiculous. It is a much abused platform while being a really educational platform.
People were fed the belief and people and troll groups are malicious and nasty and unreasonable and ego driven.
But they can easily be ignored.
In this case, the absence of official information drove us to the #s in search of eye witnesses, home videos, mobile phone footage because in new cases that is where it first appears in the midst of the madness.
It's best to avoid hashtags entirely unless one is searching for something specific.
I know you like twitter and I'm sure there are good things there. To me, it's the verbal version of junk food. A lot of hysteria, misinformation and useless banter. A microcosm of society to be sure. MOO.

I know you like twitter and I'm sure there are good things there. To me, it's the verbal version of junk food. A lot of hysteria, misinformation and useless banter. A microcosm of society to be sure. MOO.
I use it for learning.
It gives me fast access to every academic paper published instantly and for free,
I get to engage with world experts in their fields, to participate and to learn.
I don't do much activism anymore but I'd make myself available for researching subjects I know a bit about when somebody needs work.
A few years ago when Black Lives Matter was emerging I did a lot of work in my area... everybody worked hard and we shut up until we could put up...it was fast exciting and pressure but there was the feeling of love for the victim and that would motivate one to go a bit beyond for longer for better for best.. but even though that was just a couple of years ago, not 20 or even 10..it's different now.. many fractures... political stepping stones that I cannot be arst with...
Michael Brown never came back to life.. Sandra Bland... and I knew every anatomical detail about her, everything, her bloods, her gastric contents,...and I had to know them and be able to produce them fast.. But Sandra's spirit kept us working, in rhythm.... she was fearless and wonderful..
I don't know that we ever procure anything like justice for a murdered human... maybe , at best its possible to elevate them spiritually.. I don't know.
I prefer Websleuths.. we work hard here for the victim and we get to know them well and maybe the thought can be transformative for their essences. Maybe. <modsnip inflammatory>

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it for learning.
It gives me fast access to every academic paper published instantly and for free,
I get to engage with world experts in their fields, to participate and to learn.
I don't do much activism anymore but I'd make myself available for researching subjects I know a bit about when somebody needs work.
A few years ago when Black Lives Matter was emerging I did a lot of work in my area... everybody worked hard and we shut up until we could put up...it was fast exciting and pressure but there was the feeling of love for the victim and that would motivate one to go a bit beyond for longer for better for best.. but even though that was just a couple of years ago, not 20 or even 10..it's different now.. many fractures... political stepping stones that I cannot be arst with...
Michael Brown never came back to life.. Sandra Bland... and I knew every anatomical detail about her, everything, her bloods, her gastric contents,...and I had to know them and be able to produce them fast.. But Sandra's spirit kept us working, in rhythm.... she was fearless and wonderful..
I don't know that we ever procure anything like justice for a murdered human... maybe , at best its possible to elevate them spiritually.. I don't know.
I prefer Websleuths.. we work hard here for the victim and we get to know them well and maybe the thought can be transformative for their essences. Maybe. Sorry for waffling and awful typing, tired and emotional and angry because I fell headlong into Merrits dirty trap too and it cost me a nights sleep.
Eloquent. Expressive. Wise. Thank you.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) demanded answers. Harris wrote: “Joshua Brown’s selflessness and courage brought some justice for his neighbor Botham Jean. We grieve again learning of Joshua’s murder. I pray for his family, his community, and all those impacted by this tragedy. We demand answers.”

Warren tweeted, “I’m heartsick for Joshua Brown’s family and friends. He bravely stepped forward and testified to bring some justice for Botham Jean, and peace for his family. We need answers—and Joshua Brown and his family need justice.”

As for Brown’s family, according to Merritt, Brown’s mother “suspects foul play and it is difficult to rule it out.” Merritt added, “He had no known enemies. He worked for a living. He was not in the streets. We need answers. Immediately.”
Democratic Candidates and AOC Demand Answers in Shooting of Witness in Botham Jean Murder

Refraining from any speculations at this point. Just hoping that they make an arrest soon. And that the investigation is wide and looked at from all angles. Too early to rule anything out at this point. And too early to believe one motive over another is my take on this. Whatever the motive he didn’t deserve to have his life taken for it. RIP Joshua.

Perhaps you missed the part about why Brown had every reason to fear being shot?

I have close friends who are black- including a cop- who have told me there are large sections of the United States of America they wouldn't dream of travelling to, for fear they wouldn't make it home alive.

Reality.

Well, the most likely place for a young black to be murdered is in an inner city neighborhood where the perp is also most likely to be black.

I use it for learning.
I prefer Websleuths.. we work hard here for the victim and we get to know them well and maybe the thought can be transformative for their essences. Maybe. Sorry for waffling and awful typing, tired and emotional and angry because I fell headlong into Merrits dirty trap too and it cost me a nights sleep.
That was a great response. Thanks for letting me know how you found it helpful. Interesting how you say things have changed for the worse in such a short time. Thanks again for your detailed, thoughtful response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe