TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could look at it?
Dissect the nature of killing itself?
Outside of partisan, sociological, psychological known frameworks?
The nature of the desire to kill itself?
The actual impulse to kill?
What makes killing an option?
ETC
I think there are 3 basics reasons for killing a person.
1. A person values themselves and their life. Self-defense. This reason is in the eye of the beholder whether it is justified or not. This person values their life and the lives of family or friends who they feel are being threatened.
2. A person does NOT value their own life in any way and feels entitled to take a life to make up for how life has cheated them. This is a person willing to risk their own life, spending life in prison, or being killed themselves. This is the person killing for a pair of sneakers, committing mass killing, or enraged because their partner has left.
3. A person DOES value their own life. Very much. But darn, why do I have to split assets during a divorce? These are the sociopaths of the world. It's usually about money and win-ning at any cost. These people just aren't wired right. They can't be fixed. It's easier to murder than to get a divorce.

Serial killers are a different story. I think the 3 motivations above are pretty basic but most killing fits generally into these categories. Just MOO thinking on the fly.

She was found guilty. I assume she is appealing her 10 year sentence. That appeal would go better if the witness was out of the picture. We would have to live in a paper bag to believe that this murder is random at such an opportune time.

"A key witness in ex-cop Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot to death in Dallas

Brown lived across the hall from Botham Jean at Dallas' South Side Flats apartments last year when officer Amber Guyger walked into Jean's apartment, mistaking it for her own, and killed Jean."

Amber Guyger: Witness in ex-cop's murder trial was shot to death in Dallas - CNN
If she is granted a re-trial, his testimony will still come in. So the idea that someone would kill him to prevent his testimony at any possible retrial makes no sense.

I find the murder of Joshua incredibly suspicious in the timing of it.
Is it possible the murderer's were/are connected to A. Guyger ?
And since AG is not a victim, it should be expected that any of her criminal co-conspirators will face scrutiny.
Could the murderer be connected to AG's partner or fellow employees in LE ?
Was Joshua 'silenced' ?
MOO

And since AG is not a victim, it should be expected that any of her criminal co-conspirators will face scrutiny.
Was Joshua 'silenced' ?
MOO
Anything is possible. I find this VERY doubtful that people connected to DPD went to JB residence and ambushed him. It is like people are HOPING DPD is involved. Very odd. IMO.

If she is granted a re-trial, his testimony will still come in. So the idea that someone would kill him to prevent his testimony at any possible retrial makes no sense.
Emph. mine

Except without JB's testimony it would be easier for her to get out much sooner or even be exonerated and the murder overturned.
JB's murder would possibly put her behind bars for the full ten years ?
Is this correct ?
So with JB gone she is in a much better position to be granted a re-trial and her conviction be overturned.
This death helps A. Guyger; it doesn't hurt her case.
MOO

Was Joshua 'silenced' ?
MOO
Based on your premise, I guess all the people who testified are in danger. His testimony was not a show stopper and presented nothing new. The term witness is being used very broadly. Amber Guyger was the only witness and no one believed her.
He was a witness to a murder a year ago in which he was also shot. That this is connected to that incident, is much more logical. His testimony did not convict Amber Guyger.

Emph. mine

Except without JB's testimony it would be easier for her to get out much sooner or even be exonerated and the murder overturned.
Is this correct ?
So with JB gone she is in a much better position to be granted a re-trial and her conviction be overturned.
MOO
No. It doesn't help AG. If there is another trial, his testimony will come in. It will still be allowed by being read in court and entered into the record.

Anything is possible. I find this VERY doubtful that people connected to DPD went to JB residence and ambushed him. It is like people are HOPING DPD is involved. Very odd. IMO.
Ita.
One wouldn't think so.
In cases like this it's easier to assume JB was in the wrong.
And the msm articles listed JB as "complainant" ; and NOT "victim".
Now that is really odd.
Hello... he was ambushed and murdered.
He (JB) was not in a drug deal that went south or breaking into a home-- he was getting out of his car by his residence.
(Or a friend's residence.)

Ita.
One wouldn't think so.
In cases like this it's easier to assume JB was in the wrong.
And the msm articles listed JB as "complainant" ; and NOT "victim".
Now that is really odd.
Hello... he was ambushed and murdered.
He (JB) was not in a drug deal that went south or breaking into a home-- he was getting out of his car by his residence.
(Or a friend's residence.)
Complainant seems to be a standard terminology. I have seen it in other cases. Although of course it's kind of bizarre to call that a murder victim, considering they are not complaining of anything because they are dead.

Yep, appears some people might be hoping. I don't think this has anything to do with Amber's case, other than we would have never heard of his murder if not for that case.

No. It doesn't help AG. If there is another trial, his testimony will come in. It will still be allowed by being read in court and entered into the record.
Yes, because he already testified, his testimony at any retrial would come in via "hearsay exception." So if anybody really wanted to kill him to prevent him from testifying in Amber Guyger's trial, it would have made sense to do so before the trial and not after.

In reading about the shooting a year ago, jb was not just a witness, he was involved as he was in a fight with one of the shooters friends or the shooter himself. They had a run in at a previous strip club, did one follow the other to the next? From article posted here, he MAY have been the target. I have a feeling more will be coming out about that incident.

Emph. mine

Is this correct ?
MOO

No. JB was one of several neighbor witnesses. He was an actual witness to a murder in a nightclub parking lot last year, and in fact shot in that murder. It makes much more sense if this is a retaliation shooting it is connected to that one vs AG’’s. He was an important witness at the AG trial but not a key witness. IMHO

You can be sure they are and some of them are willing to milk this angle for all it's worth because it fits a certain narrative.

Is it possible that JB would have also been called as a witness in the case of the guy who shot him in the foot, murdered another person and is out walking around on bond? Those NOT asking that question need to ask themselves why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth12345