TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
watcher for some reason I can't read the content of the article. For me it says members only...etc. I can only read what HiH C&P'ed here.

Can you tell me exactly who is saying that the friend declined? Father, LE statment?

TIA.

(I don't know about the game I'm sorry)

No, I can't access it either. I just posted off of Hi's post.

Once before, I went to another media site and off to the right, there was a good readable link to the same Herald article that the Herald wouldn't let anyone see from their site. Just like going in their back door! It's so aggravating, but there's always more than one way to skin a cat. I just wish I could remember that site.

I'll keep looking.

Sorry for my scattered thoughts, my daughter is refusing to take a nap...anyway, also I'm thinking about fingerprints. If baby Joshua went out of the door, he may have touched it. No one else would be touching the door that low, and according to the mom, he couldn't reach the knob thingy. The prints may be from a different day, but it'd still be worth checking IMO.

No, I can't access it either. I just posted off of Hi's post.

Once before, I went to another media site and off to the right, there was a good readable link to the same Herald article that the Herald wouldn't let anyone see from their site. Just like going in their back door! It's so aggravating, but there's always more than one way to skin a cat. I just wish I could remember that site.

I'll keep looking.

I just paid the 1.99 24 hour access fee! I wish I could find a free link because I'd hate to pay that every time they put up another article. I've never seen a local site charge you for content.

I haven't been posting much lately on this case, as there didn't seem to be much to say, but I think LE must have an idea of what happened, even if they don't know where the child is, and if this person the father is singling out is indeed refusing a LD, I am sure LE is looking at him. I am never comfortable only hearing about a "suspect" from the family members, however. We've seen the same thing in Hailey Dunn's case.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/07/ng.02.html

February 7

BENITEZ: There was me, his father, his older brother, his godmother, his two grandparents, his father`s friend and his grandpa`s girlfriend.

Snipped from HiHaters post above:

Davis said the night baby Joshua went missing, there was a full house, including baby Joshua, Davis’ older son, Davis’ father and his father’s girlfriend and his grandfather and a friend they had over. They were watching the Boston Celtics play the Dallas Mavericks.

Anyone remember the date of the first interview in which the Mother or Father stated that they thought Joshua had been abducted?

TIA.

Sorting out some thoughts....IMO

Its pretty safe to say even if he did venture outside, he didn't go far. No signs of him in or around the yard, dogs not picking up a scent outside the yard, weather conditions and the fact that it was dark squashes the wander theory for me (I've waivered on this one).

I don't think he died in the house. IF it was an accident (I really don't see these parents/family members intentionally hurting him) the time it takes to try and save him, panic, and come up with a "disposal" plan prior to calling the police, would have left enough of a scent for the cadaver dogs to have picked up on. Plus I think one of the non-family members would have cracked by now...gf/"friend" that was over. And if it was a non family member that hurt him doubt the family would be covering up for them. If anyone in the house (with the exception of the "friend" that left) hurt him, I don't see them having enough time to "hide" him far enough that LE haven't been able to find him, without others in the house, knowing that they had left.

The only theory left is this mystery "friend" who may or may not have left at the same time, and may or may not have refused to take a lie detector. LE making the statement that they do not believe he was abducted, could mean that somehow they have ruled this "friend" out.

Which leaves nothing...I'm baffled...this beautiful little boy did NOT just disappear into thin air...

Okay one more post--It might be on one of the other threads (I think I remember seeing it discussed) but here's a link:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule/2010-2011-regular-season-schedule.html

Friday, February 4 Dallas Mavericks 8:00 p.m. 101-97, Loss
(37-12) CSNHD/WEEI

I think that the 8 PM above is EST. IIRC NB is on CST. That would have made the game being at 7 PM New Braunfels time.

Hope I got that right and I hope I answered the question? :)

You are correct Kat, NB is on CST.

The first interview where SB said that she thought he had been abducted was the day after he went missing, Saturday, I believe. No link, just going off memory. (Sorry, someone asked and I would have quoted, but my quote button is broken.)

That is the only red flag that I've seen NMK. That's very quick to state that you believe that he was abducted.

I know other's disagree and I'm cool with that it's JMHO about it is all and it's due to change.

One red flag does not a crime make. But that is very odd to me. To be convinced that your son was abducted from your home prior to the search for him being completed.

Meh, just me. But I don't like it. I'll just tuck it in the back of my brain in case another red flag should ever pop up in this case.

All JMHO.

New here. Read thru this forum (but not the previous threads) and didn't see this info, so thought I'd share it:

1. Nancy Grace is following the Joshua Davis disappearance now

http://backseatlawyer.blogspot.com/2011/02/nancy-grace-enters-search-for-missing.html

and

2. My friend Diane Fanning, the true crime writer who some of you may know from her book on Caylee Anthony, is also monitoring the case:

http://twitter.com/DianeFanning.

FYI, Diane lives in New Braunfels. I live in San Antonio, about 25 minutes away from the IH35 exit you would take to get to the crime scene.

It was very, very cold when he disappeared. Unusually cold, the kind of weather where everyone rushes to the store to stock up on batteries and milk and things. Where everyone is watching the Weather Channel reports, and the TV meteorologists get very excited.

It was a big deal, this weather, on this day/night.

And, I'm pretty sure that we're talking Seguin here. It's not that far from New Braunfels, especially as the crow flies.

As for law enforcement, New Braunfels is a small, cozy community between San Antonio and San Marcos. It's a pretty, small town probably best known for its big water park and its annual Wurtzfest. Not much major crime experience for its police, which I'm sure New Braunfels is glad to report - until now - but they got the Texas Rangers involved as well as the FBI early on, I believe.

Based on my past experience dealing with the Rangers when I represented kids in CPS Court here in SA, I'm comforted in the knowledge that Texas Rangers are involved. They may not be Gus and Call, but the ones I've met have been pretty tough and very impressive.

So, I'm assuming that this lack of news doesn't mean that there is nothing to report, but that investigators aren't wanting to reveal things that might spook their suspect. At least, I'm hopeful that this is the truth; it's better than the alternative.

Hope this helps. I'm new here, and not sure how to insert hyperlinks (sorry).

Reba Kennedy
(Backseat Lawyer Blog)

Lord have mercy! Please don't let this be another case where family is involved in a coverup! WHO would want to hurt this precious child?!!

Just curious, anybody know if the 6 yr old that was also in the home that evening, SB's son OR a son from a previous relationship of JD's?

Just curious, anybody know if the 6 yr old that was also in the home that evening, SB's son OR a son from a previous relationship of JD's?

It is a son from a previous relationship, IDK if you saw my post earlier but it is confirmed in that article.

Long time, no log in :) hope everyone is well.
anywho, every one has mentioned how cold it was that day/night, and someone may have mentioned mentioned this already, but it actually SNOWED the night before joshua went "poof"....a real treat for us here in south texas. And most children herehave never seen it in person.I'm sure most mommas are excited to see thier children's face when they see it for the first time.so I can see joshua sneaking outside if he got the chance.not sure if this is my theory. Idk what to think.
Also,it was sunny enoughthat everything melted by afternoon.exceptwhere there was shadows all day.just wanted to point that out. Even if it's irrelavent

Where is baby Joshua!!!??? :( For some reason I keep thinking about this case and this little boy...

Attachments

• bbyjosh.jpg
    bbyjosh.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 13
New here. Read thru this forum (but not the previous threads) and didn't see this info, so thought I'd share it:

1. Nancy Grace is following the Joshua Davis disappearance now

http://backseatlawyer.blogspot.com/2011/02/nancy-grace-enters-search-for-missing.html

and

2. My friend Diane Fanning, the true crime writer who some of you may know from her book on Caylee Anthony, is also monitoring the case:

http://twitter.com/DianeFanning.

FYI, Diane lives in New Braunfels. I live in San Antonio, about 25 minutes away from the IH35 exit you would take to get to the crime scene.

It was very, very cold when he disappeared. Unusually cold, the kind of weather where everyone rushes to the store to stock up on batteries and milk and things. Where everyone is watching the Weather Channel reports, and the TV meteorologists get very excited.

It was a big deal, this weather, on this day/night.

And, I'm pretty sure that we're talking Seguin here. It's not that far from New Braunfels, especially as the crow flies.

As for law enforcement, New Braunfels is a small, cozy community between San Antonio and San Marcos. It's a pretty, small town probably best known for its big water park and its annual Wurtzfest. Not much major crime experience for its police, which I'm sure New Braunfels is glad to report - until now - but they got the Texas Rangers involved as well as the FBI early on, I believe.

Based on my past experience dealing with the Rangers when I represented kids in CPS Court here in SA, I'm comforted in the knowledge that Texas Rangers are involved. They may not be Gus and Call, but the ones I've met have been pretty tough and very impressive.

So, I'm assuming that this lack of news doesn't mean that there is nothing to report, but that investigators aren't wanting to reveal things that might spook their suspect. At least, I'm hopeful that this is the truth; it's better than the alternative.

Hope this helps. I'm new here, and not sure how to insert hyperlinks (sorry).

Reba Kennedy
(Backseat Lawyer Blog)

Welcome RebaKennedy and thank you so much for your insights! I agree with you regarding why LE may be playing this close to the vest at this point.

I wish Gus and Call were working this case - Joshua would be home by now!

One more thing, regarding the timeline, there seems too be different interpitations. Regarding the three mom statement, to me it seems she was watching toy story with joshua, he left the room around 7:40, maybe she was on the phone/facebook/dozed off our something,and around 8 ish she got up to look for him,
Basically, I think the 7:40 time is when she last saw him, not when she started looking for him. But I could be wrong, and if so, let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro